It's a disaster!

John_Mangano

A disaster's an understatement.

• Like 3

Keanu_Petrosyan

Good rage 

Ermetano
Posted (edited)

Sad to say you've got this opinion, but everyone has their own opinion.

There's a lot to be done, that's true, but these type of threads won't speed up anything.

As for the core scripts you've mentioned, I'm sure it's being worked on, but things like "guns/drugs" system on the start probably wouldn't happen on any heavy RP server, as first off you can't have official factions distributing these in the start, as there shouldn't be official factions at the start in the first place.

I just say have patience, give it time, the server's been open for two weeks only, yeah some things may not be good but cope with it temporarily. :-)

Edited by Ermetano
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Balance
2 minutes ago, Ermetano said:

things like "guns/drugs" system on the start probably wouldn't happen on any heavy RP server, as first off you can't have official factions distributing these in the start, as there shouldn't be official factions at the start in the first place.

That's what strawmen are for. You can't have official factions, but you can have a PF store that lets you buy guns at 25 hours?

Does that sound like it makes sense to you?

• Like 1

Midnight Tick
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ermetano said:

I just say have patience, give it time, the server's been open for two weeks only, yeah some things may not be good but cope with it temporarily. :-)

You may have the patience and time, and I respect that, but some people, like my good friends, did not have the patience. Sadly, I won't be able to role-play with them anymore because of this, meaning that I'll lose myself in this server until fully quitting. You may not have the hype and all, and that's perfect because that's how it should be, but I did not have the hype either, and the script was so bare bones that its basics or fundamentals that it just made me sad and demotivated.

Edited by Midnight Tick
  • Like 1

Ermetano
1 minute ago, Balance said:

That's what strawmen are for. You can't have official factions, but you can have a PF store that lets you buy guns at 25 hours?

Does that sound like it makes sense to you?

I agree, mistakes happen.We're all human.

The PF thing shouldn't of been here in first place, but again, it was all worth a /try/ to see how it goes.

I'm sure there was a backbone to this plan in the first place.

Balance

Nobody's saying that mistakes don't happen, but it seems quite rediculous to see that the server is focusing on scripted jobs more than a means of making money by ACTUALLY roleplaying (i.e., businesses, drugs, guns, etc)

• Like 2

Ermetano
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Midnight Tick said:

You may have the patience and time, and I respect that, but some people, like my good friends, did not have the patience. Sadly, I won't be able to role-play with them anymore because of this, meaning that I'll lose myself in this server until fully quitting. You may not have the hype and all, and that's perfect because that's how it should be, but I did not have the hype either, and the script was so bare bones that its basics or fundamentals that it just made me sad and demotivated.

Life is like that, you can't revert back to past and fix the errors and keep going.

I'm sure kane and the co. got something very special for us in future, and trust me over-time your friends will be here once they see everything going well.

Just now, Balance said:

Nobody's saying that mistakes don't happen, but it seems quite rediculous to see that the server is focusing on scripted jobs more than a means of making money by ACTUALLY roleplaying (i.e., businesses, drugs, guns, etc)

We're seeing the things going right way already, the dev team is working hard.
Yes, there probably should of been something more to it, but again, I'm not a developer I can't say what should of happened and what should not.

Edited by Ermetano

Midnight Tick
Just now, Ermetano said:

The PF thing shouldn't of been here in first place, but again, it was all worth a /try/ to see how it goes.

I'm sure there was a backbone to this plan in the first place.

The punishment for people abusing of Rule 14 and only withdraw those heavy bans on a ton of people was just a freaking joke to me. Why would you execute rules like these if your player-base is so low at this very beginning? That's not going to attract people. 
This is not only us having the patience or not, this is about the execution on the staff for the server and its community. Priorities and rules that are made for low player-base count. You can't fault the community for the hype or impatience when you're implementing stuff that's not important at all.

Mikee

Man, server opened just a week ago! As someone already said, you just have to be patient. I think that this community has got a big potential, but we have to wait a little to see great results.

Akiba

Housing updates should be coming out soon!

Anthony_Gennaro

There's nothing to do on the server except RPG jobs and the same old "hey, what's up?"

shift

Weapons and drugs should be an absolute number one priority right now.

• Like 1

Ermetano
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Anthony_Gennaro said:

There's nothing to do on the server except RPG jobs and the same old "hey, what's up?"

See it this way, we're on a server that's starting out, with kane chilli n the devs working hard to put in as many more features as they can.

Yes, there might not be many features to play around with, give it time is only solution.

The major scripts such as faction/housing/business system take /a lot/ of time to create.

The part of making a script is not just writing it all out, and going ingame see it working nicely and boom you implement it.
There's so many ways of exploiting/abusing a newly created script that every time something is made you got to test atleast 2-3 things out if you don't want to have people doing wrongs with it, I know that being a beta tester on one of largest samp communities around.

Also, see it this way - noone wants same things from other servers, i'm sure the devs are making sure we get something new, unique, like San Fierro is in the first place.

Edited by Ermetano