Sign in to follow this  
Tim

[Command] /weapon set

Tim

Time & Date: 18:34:00 - 07/03/2018
Player Name: Tim_Millington
Bug Type: Gamemode

Description:

There is a bug with /weapon set that allows you to wear any weapon on your back as shown in the gif below.  The only weapons that are compatible with this are the following ones; 

Colt.45 - ID 22

Silenced Pistol - ID 23

Desert Eagle - ID 24

Shotgun - ID 25

Sawn off Shotgun - ID 26

Combat Shotgun - ID 27

Micro Uzi - ID 28

MP5 - ID 29

AK47 - ID 30

M4 - ID 31

TEC 9 - ID 32

Country Rifle - ID 33

Sniper Rifle - ID 34

Screenshots/Videos:

229469f5c3ef739fe3b1c6695d0c7798.gif

Guest kane

What's the bug here? /weapon set allows you to adjust the offset of your weapons position, you don't need to have it on you. 

Tim
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, kane said:

What's the bug here? /weapon set allows you to adjust the offset of your weapons position, you don't need to have it on you. 

Looking at it from a development side of view it just doesn't make much sense why you would allow people to adjust the offset of the positions of the weapons that they don't even have. Wouldn't it make more sense to you that people can only adjust the positions when they actually have the weapon on them rather than just being able to with or without the gun?  People could just /weapon set 34 and walk around with a Sniper Rifle on their back and who know's what kind of situations you're gonna get with that.

Like I suggested here there should be a server sided holster mod that automatically shows the MP5, assault rifles, shotguns and rifles on your back while you can choose yourself to either show small firearms ( and thus being able to choose the position yourself like it's in a holster or tucked in your waistband or anything like that ) or that it's just hidden on you since you can hide small firearms on your body in real life too. 

Rather than being able to set it yourself the weapons should be automatically shown on you in said position that makes sense and that you can choose yourself to put your weapons in the following 'presets' for example;

OrOvPe8.png

Since there's been no restrictions put in place either with the resizing and all that you're gonna face issues like this;

sdyIPSk.png

Say hello to my kolibri-sized combat shotgun.

or this

1484ebde6f9d49807226743b2bb34b4d.gif

Hiding a combat shotgun in my body. 

I'm not here to criticize the work of you and/or the development team in a negative way or here to tell you what to do; I just feel like there's been put barely any future thought in this idea. Although I'm not in the position to decide what the developers have to do I do hope that you understand which way I'm coming from with this all.

TL;DR

> Currently you can show any weapon that I've mentioned above on your body even tho you don't have the gun. 

> Large firearms need to be forced to be shown on your back no matter what. You can only put it in certain positions like shown above

> Small firearms can be hidden on your body if you want to by using /weapon hide but you can also have it shown in a holster position or whatever the user prefers.

> Revoke the acces of players being able to resize weapons with the scale option

> Only allow people to adjust the positions of their weapons if they actually own the weapon /  have the weapon on them rather than being able to 'show' a weapon on your back since this will be abused rather sooner than later.

Edited by Tim

Inimene123

Confirmed bug. 

Sign in to follow this