News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Tick

Priorities on what to update.

Midnight Tick

Currently, the server is going under updates which is great. The thing is, some of those updates don't really focus on some of the issues of this server. 
Right now, the issue for lack of scripted jobs is gone with the Sweeper job which is a good thing and the job is fun even if it's only one route scripted in. The issue that I see, right now, is that gangs and crime organizations don't really have much to do. In fact, outside of some "soft" gambling opportunities and scams, there's nothing to do. Most of the time, it's simply people hanging around, buying and selling items, and among few other things. 
I'm not sure of this, but I believe houses are currently bugged which has been reported in the past. All houses hold the same interior, which is a bit of an issue too. There's no interior furnishing either— but that's going too deep into the issue because the server is still young and so is the script.
The drug system does not exist, and I think this should be one of the largest priorities among car jacking and weaponry. Create more accessibility for melee weapons to be in the game, to be more common. Brass knuckles, baseball bats, etc. that will create roleplay between people and properly show intimidation and fear between both parties. Firearms and the such, handguns should be somewhat common, and the rest, not so. 

Businesses should be added more frequently or prioritized more, since it's a gate to have people around roleplaying. We have seen business system which is great, but businesses should be very important for this server, along with illegal jobs or scripts that allow us to actually interact as an organized crime or gang faction. Crime-related features is what makes a server go around, it makes PD work along, it makes things more interesting and it creates, at least, a way to be more active and do things in illegal factions. 

Another issue I have that should be addressed, is the weak update threads. The update threads show up and mention what's being added, which is perfect, but almost no one knew where the Sweeper job was or if there was a Sweeper job being added in, because it was a mere text. There was no topic about the Sweeper job, even if it's just a simple go-to-checkpoint job. No one knew the location until chasing a tiny Sweeper car.

Blackburn

I agree with you, it's been more than a week since the server opened, and they still didn't fix the phone system bug for example.

Server lacks of almost everything

Carmine
1 minute ago, Blackburn said:

I agree with you, it's been more than a week since the server opened, and they still didn't fix the phone system bug for example.

Server lacks of almost everything

what's the phone system bug wiseass?

Templar

I don't understand why guns have a higher priority than drugs. They certainly should've been the first to go in because we actually have something to roleplay with that way instead of nascent level 3 scammers and robbers who rob on spawn.

Blackburn
1 minute ago, Carmine said:

what's the phone system bug wiseass?

Carmine

stop complaining, pay some respect to the devs who push out updates daily
the version is "0".8.10 for a reason
the script is perfect for its purpose atm

Blackburn

What you said is totally unlogical.

If I complain every day, reporting bugs and asking the developers to fix things, that makes me ungrateful and unrespectful?

Totaly opposite. I complain because I want this server to succeed as fast as it can.

"The script is perfect for it's purpose atm" 

What is the purpose of the script? To do lumberjack 24/7 or to drive in your car the whole day? Purpose of roleplay is to roleplay everything, from criminal to politics, and at the moment script doesn't cover 30% of that.

Carmine
12 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

What you said is totally unlogical.

If I complain every day, reporting bugs and asking the developers to fix things, that makes me ungrateful and unrespectful?

Totaly opposite. I complain because I want this server to succeed as fast as it can.

"The script is perfect for it's purpose atm" 

What is the purpose of the script? To do lumberjack 24/7 or to drive in your car the whole day? Purpose of roleplay is to roleplay everything, from criminal to politics, and at the moment script doesn't cover 30% of that.

it does cover roleplaying poker nights which makes me think it's way above 70% of the roleplay that should be done
I never knew that you need money to RP? Do you get charged any money by using /me, /ame, /do? Hmm.

Midnight Tick
1 hour ago, Carmine said:

the script is perfect for its purpose atm

It isn't. Believe me when I tell you this, I love the developers for their efforts and all. Though, the server is divided in two: People that are grinding on RPG jobs and AFK people that have grown bored or have no idea of what to do outside of self-roleplaying. Me, myself, I can't self-roleplay all day. Kicking those who are AFK is understandable, but the thing is, that makes the playerbase flatten even further. It doesn't grow because they want to create roleplay, it does if there's something you can interact with.
There's people already owning sport cars and some nice cars out there, and that's because of the grinding.

Standards have gone up, for sure, and people were expecting a lot or some of the fundamentals. Sadly, this isn't the case at all. Houses have literally little script going on. There's no guns outside of those who had bought a PF license. There's no drugs. There's no melee weapons. Nothing is going on. The sweeper job is mad chill and good, but this is not going to help the interest to peak up at all. This is not what you should prioritize in this time and age with a server that's not shaped with fundamentals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1