• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Highwire

Trucker Job - Less RPG

Highwire
Posted (edited)

I would like to find ways to make the trucker job less RPG and include more player interaction. Plus, I would like to avoid the monotony of driving from Point A - B - A over and over for a few measly dollars. The lumberjack job now pays out much more than the trucker job, so the least we could do is make it more roleplay-oriented.

I propose that we incorporate this to include business owners. Businesses should have a certain amount of stock available, and once it starts running low, the business owner must call a number (e.g. 11111) which automatically assigns the next trucker-on-duty their business. Let's say, each delivery presents 100 stock, requiring a restock every 2 or so days. The catch is the owner must be there to pay the drivers for the stock, which would have been prompted to the business owner after the initial phone call. If the business owner is out and about, it should notify him when a trucker is enroute to his business so he can be there to accept payment. This can include government entities as well, such as the PD station or hospital, where a medic or officer would be required to pay for the stock. If there are no player-owned businesses in need of a refill, the checkpoints should be set at random unscripted businesses around the map (there are tons of them), or businesses without a scripted owner. To prevent abuse, the business owner who calls for a refill will be charged double the amount for their stock if they log off or disappear once the drivers arrive. So for example, 100 stock could cost the owner $1000 if they own the Binco, and less for a 24/7 or pawn shop. If they call for a refill on stock and log off without physically paying, they would be charged $2000. If the owner logs off, the driver should be directed back to Point A. If the owner is online but not around, the driver should be given the phone number in which they requested the delivery from in order to collect payment. Deliveries to player-owned businesses should reward much more (double or triple?) than unscripted businesses to motivate players to take advantage of the interactions. /dropoff upon receiving the player-owned job will pass it off onto the next available trucker. Maybe give a text notification, which acts sort of as a reminder, to business owners whose stock is beginning to run low, as it would be pretty annoying for owners to have to constantly show up at their business to check up on the stock. Most places would have managers or employees keeping an eye on it.

Next, I suggest having a driver and a swamper position. Instead of doing /starttruck to start trucker missions, you would type /trucker job to get assigned your job. It will then assign 2 players to a truck that is not currently in use, and you will be able to /engine once both players are seated. The driver has the same duties of driving from point A to B, but the swamper must enter the checkpoints to deliver the stock, and the business owners can direct their payment to either employee. My only concern with this was people doing /trucker job and going AFK or screwing around. To counter this, maybe give them a 30 second timer to enter the truck, and once the timer is up, whoever is in the truck does the job alone to avoid wasting people's time. My reasoning for this is it builds relationships and promotes player interactions if both people are forced to work together, possibly on multiple missions. The payout for driver/swamper teams should be higher due to the higher job efficiency to motivate people to not screw around with it.

To stop the horrible non-rp driving, and this has been suggested before I'm sure, I am suggesting damage penalties. You lose $50 for every 100 points of vehicle damage incurred, or some similar factors, with no loss up until the first 100 points of vhp to cover small accidents or fender benders. This can be justified as the payments for the company to fix the vehicle. Another alternative which probably belongs in its own suggestion: red light cameras. Those going more than 40 mph through certain red lights will receive a ticket, which would then be reduced from their trucking reward. If you get a $200 speeding ticket where you otherwise would have received a $300 reward, you would only get $100. This forces players to slow down at intersections, both truckers and otherwise. And this should not only be limited to red light cameras. If you get any tickets for your driving it should automatically be deducted from your reward. If the company hears about you misrepresenting them IRL by being a dickhead of a driver, you would be fired.

I'm trying to find ways to make the lumberjack job less RPG as well, but the only idea I can think of is to incorporate a unionized faction that those grinding the job have the option of joining. But anyways, to summarize the main points:

• Allow business owners to interact with truckers by requesting stock delivered to their businesses in order to promote trucker employee interactions and force business owners to pay attention to their businesses.
  • Script and encourage 2-person trucker jobs which pay out higher.
  • Incorporate penalties for poor drivers either through damage penalties or red light cameras.
  • And a side request to try to keep player-to-player interactions in mind when bringing in new jobs!

What do you guys think? Any faults or aspects you would/wouldn't like?

Edited by Highwire
  • Like 1

Anomaly

I like the idea for interaction, but after little amount of time, players will get annoyed. Not everyone will be able to pay on time etc.

Highwire
Posted (edited)

Yeah, it's also easy for the business owner to just drive up, /pay, and drive off. But it presents the opportunity for people to interact if they'd like to. Alternatively, the owners could just /pay stock [amount] to avoid getting fined, regardless of location, if they don't have time to pay the drivers, as shit does come up unintentionally. It simply presents the opportunity to interact with the drivers and makes things less boring for them. The couple days I spent an hour or two trucking, it was really boring and the whole system felt out of place on an RP server.

Edited by Highwire
  • Like 1

Whatsthebissinessmen

What kind of pissery is this? you can literally buy weapons off ammunations as soon as you reach 25 hours on the server, the fact that you're creating a topic about the trucking job is completely retarded imo lol

• Sad 1

Highwire
2 hours ago, ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴋ said:

What kind of pissery is this? you can literally buy weapons off ammunations as soon as you reach 25 hours on the server, the fact that you're creating a topic about the trucking job is completely retarded imo lol

....well first off, as of the newest revision:

- PF license hours raised to 100. [Kane]

People have been complaining about the PF fiasco all over the forums in literally every section. It's not a brand new problem that nobody knows about which I'm responsible for bringing to everyone's attention. Your post was completely pointless.

• Like 1

dirtysanchez

I would love a more advanced trucker job, hundred percent support.