• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Carmelo

House Robbery job script:

Carmelo
Posted (edited)

An idea that was originally implemented in another community by @DamianC. A feature that was short lived but very detailed and unique while it was implemented. 

The house robbery script is a script that was taken from the single player house robbery mini game and implemented in SAMP. The idea is where players could go break into other players houses and steal their belongings and sale them to the black market and make money. I also think it would be cool to add a feature where you can sell items to other players or their businesses. Within the script it featured different house locks and house alarms which could come into play with balancing the economy because it will make the house value go up. This script idea could add role play for all players including police as it alerts them when you have a special alarm on the house. 

Here are some details about it from before, showing items you can rob and their prices:

Name: Television Set
Price: $3,423
-/tv: Basically used to watch SAN 
and future Stadium events.
-----
Name: Microwave
Price: $3,000
- /heal: 25+ health when done.
-----
Name: Toaster Oven
Price: $5,360
- /heal: 50+ health when done.
-----
Name: Fridge
Price: $8,125
- /heal: Automatic heal.
-----

Name: Safe
Price: $10,000
- /code: Slows down and or stops robbers from getting straight to your cash.
--/code random
--/code sequence
-----
Name: Radio
Price: $1,500
- /setstation: Used to listen to San Andreas mini-songs.
-----
Name: XM Radio
Price: $25,000
- /setstation: Used to listen to the 100 or so online radio stations currently ingame.
-----
Name: Mole Protection
Price: $1,500
- Protects your house from detective moles.

Alarms:
Level 1 Alarm - The Ringer

Will send a 30 unit radius of **[House Alarm] Ring Ring

Level 2 Alarm - The Pager

Send a message to the owner if he/she is online.

Level 3 Alarm - House Alert

Will send the police department a message and location of the area.

Level 4 Alarm - The Tracker

Will create a  blip icon for the owner/police department.

Level 5 Alarm - Eagle Eye

Will create a huge checkpoint O for the police department and owner..

Level 6 Alarm - Zone Alert

Will create a huge checkpoint O for the police department and owner..

Will create a gangzone around the area for the owner and police department that flashes.

75c5a8e700f510ddc53744beb3b76088.jpg

A photo from the old script.

Obviously the idea would be entirely revamped. But this is the concept and it'd be nice to see this script here, as it was great for the time it was on another community. 

Edited by Carmelo

Dopey

Support

vans

Reminds me of RPG features to start a fight with cops, hmm lemme think about this one.

• Haha 1

Carmelo
26 minutes ago, vans said:

Reminds me of RPG features to start a fight with cops, hmm lemme think about this one.

Probably because you haven't experienced it. You just use the command to break into a house, depending on the alarm level you have (for example IRL: ADT security) the police are notified and you have a certain amount of time to grab something (aka smash and grab lol) and put it into your vehicle before the police arrive. Then you can sell it ICly to the nearest Pawn Shop owned by an actual person if we'd like to avoid the whole NPC thing. I personally, and I'm sure others would too - would love to RP a pawn shop owner lol. I wouldn't mind RPing buying the various valuables stolen from people's houses that are brought to me. I'd seen something like that done similar on other servers. 

vans
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Carmelo said:

Probably because you haven't experienced it. You just use the command to break into a house, depending on the alarm level you have (for example IRL: ADT security) the police are notified and you have a certain amount of time to grab something (aka smash and grab lol) and put it into your vehicle before the police arrive. Then you can sell it ICly to the nearest Pawn Shop owned by an actual person if we'd like to avoid the whole NPC thing. I personally, and I'm sure others would too - would love to RP a pawn shop owner lol. I wouldn't mind RPing buying the various valuables stolen from people's houses that are brought to me. I'd seen something like that done similar on other servers. 

I don't know man, having this will cause provocative actions from my point of view, let the community decide, I'm voting no, sorry.

Edited by vans
  • Sad 1

ExtrazOnna8

support

crimeson

i like this as long as the reward is good and it's worth taking the risk.

Mikee

Yeah, why not?

Hi-Point.

Make it level-restricted and have a time-span of how frequent you're able to break into houses (once a week for example) so people won't just break into houses 24/7. Imagine 10 different alarms setting off simultaneously almost any time. Could make it its own job, too (e.x; Burglar).

Fraudulent-Philanthropist
16 hours ago, Hi-Point. said:

Make it level-restricted and have a time-span of how frequent you're able to break into houses (once a week for example) so people won't just break into houses 24/7. Imagine 10 different alarms setting off simultaneously almost any time. Could make it its own job, too (e.x; Burglar).

Yall wanna put a level restriction on everything, jesus christ.

sick

No. This is not an RPG server.

Roleplay breaking in houses rather than run around the city breaking in every door you see.

PaC.

I'm sorry but no. This would be the worst thing. As @sick said, this should only be seen on RPG servers. This would completely ruin everything. 

Carmelo
Posted (edited)

It didn’t make the other server it was on any less of a RP server. If you can’t include RP into this it sounds like a you problem. The stuff that is stolen doesn’t have to be sold to an NPC, it can be sold to Pawn Shops. The RPG element can be said for every job on the server, all of that (the hiring etc) can be done IC but instead it’s script based and that’s fine. This isn’t any different.

Edited by Carmelo
  • Confused 1

Babyfacerod
Posted (edited)

No from me. It’s already hard to make money as it is to furnish your house, then you get your 5K TV stolen by someone who broke into ur house using an RPGish script which only took a command, then they take the items with no RP. I’m sorry but it’s a no from me aswell.

Edited by Babyfacerod

Guest kane

I've talked to Damian recently about a house robbery system and we've agreed it won't be happening anytime soon. Will have to shut this down for now though.

Sign in to follow this