News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Tick

The biggest mistake of BARP: Economy.

Midnight Tick

In day one, paychecks would hand out the double of the amount expected. It would also double the money on your bank, meaning that if you had $200,000, you would get $400,000. Of course, no one had this amount of money but if you stored your $10,000 from the beginning, you'd get more and more money. 
Anyways, that's not all of it. The economy at the moment is in a pretty weird moment. People are grinding the shit out of the server with trucking, and let's just talk about trucking for a minute.

Trucking does not require anything really. You get an amount of money just by driving around from A to B, doing nothing at all. It has no relation with roleplay unfortunately. Assuming you can roleplay in the trucking job is kind of silly and an immense stretch. No one roleplays while trucking. They abuse shortcuts, they abuse the traffic laws, they hit your ass down and they just don't care. They're not roleplaying. They're in a xMovie server that has some economy in it, but without guns and server rules.
So, you're grinding a mindless, RPG job, getting money out of nowhere and with little repercussions, really. It's great, isn't it?

That's not only it. Once you have started trucking, you'll see plenty of people in a spot. One certain spot at a certain time. They're right near a floating "i" that leads to join the trucking job. They sit by around :59 in server time, waiting for the welfare paycheck that gives you a free $400 after quitting the trucking job. You see where this is going, yeah?

Currently, you'll see people driving high end vehicles, if not luxurious ones. Yesterday, it was the first week of the server and people already own such vehicles, and perhaps some nice house somewhere in San Fierro. Beautiful, people are progressing, perhaps, but all they're doing is just grinding on RPG jobs or have been abusing from paychecks or with second-party players paying to someone with $10,000 at the beginning of the server's opening. 

They should have re-rolled the economy back to 0, with people having $10,000 in their bank account. There are rumors of people having more than $500,000. It just shows that, at the moment, the BARP economy has little meaning when it should have a meaning for being a new server. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

west.

Don’t agree it should be rolled back to 0. I think the stats of players with over 100k should be questioned. But I have seen legit business happening with money that has been obtained the right way.

• Like 2

Carmine

I find earning cash pretty hard actually, don't know what you're on about.

• Like 2

west.
3 minutes ago, west. said:

Don’t agree it should be rolled back to 0. I think the stats of players with over 100k should be questioned. But I have seen legit business happening with money that has been obtained the right way.

Changed my opinion on this. Most of the money that has been in the server has been bug abused in. The economy should be reset. I do believe some people have gained some money legitly but a majority of the people with luxury cars bug abused. I don’t think people with under 100k should be reset.

Mopey
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure what idiot started the trend of scripted jobs in a roleplaying server and who in the world thought it was a good idea to just wing it and go with the flow.

If you're making a light-RP RPG server then sure, fun scripted jobs like pizza delivery and whatthefuck not make sense since everyone is dicking around and not RPing a character in the first place. But for literally anything else all scripted jobs give you is a bunch of people pulling themselves out of their character's shoes to try and grind e-money until they get enough to actually do what they want roleplay-wise. It made sense from the point of view of Rehasher's original vision of the server (light RP with fun scripted jobs), but I don't think it does now, unless that's still what people want from the server.

The best idea is to scrap all scripted jobs, give everyone a basic hourly wage and let all other jobs form organically (security, waiters, weapon/drug dealing, etc).

Edited by Mopey
  • Like 7

FroxZ

Lmao I say we put some Justice in place. 

Volk420

I got more than 100 grands now, did a lot of lumberjacking and trucking. If you are active 100k is not a problem at all. 

Dopli
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Volk420 said:

I got more than 100 grands now, did a lot of lumberjacking and trucking. If you are active 100k is not a problem at all. 

No, it is not a problem since you've spent 90% of your playinghours on trucking / lumberjack. There should be a grind cap for people who only want to grind since this is an RP server... You also should receive x amount of money until you reach x RP level so you can buy yourself a car or a house without doing scripted jobs 24/7. Pretty sure, there are no legal ways to make money except for scripted jobs as there are no businesess. As for illegal ways, there are no drugs and strawman system is not gonna make you any money since everyone is gonna have it.

Edited by Dopli

Midnight Tick
7 minutes ago, Volk420 said:

And how much role-play have you gotten in trucking and lumberjacking?

1 minute ago, Dopli said:

No, it is not a problem since you've spent 90% of your playinghours on trucking / lumberjack. There should be a grind cap for people who only wants to grind since this is an RP server... You also should receive x amount of money until you reach x RP level so you can buy yourself a car or a house without doing scripted jobs 24/7. Pretty sure, there are no legal ways to make money except for scripted jobs as there are no businesess. As for illegal ways, there are no drugs and strawman system is not gonna make you any money since everyone is gonna have it.

Exactly. That's the hilarious thing about the scripted jobs. People have got Huntleys, Comets and many other luxurious or sport cars while there's no really other way to make money except with trucking and lumberjacking. Kinda weird, isn't it?

Dopli

Yeah, then they say - "No problem at all" but I already know that they didn't spend any time on roleplaying lmao.

Volk420

Server just opened, there is no guns and drugs aviable yet, only who abusing PF license and doesnt know about rule number 14. I made money for rp, this is what most of us doing right now. Just be patient and Rp or make money for future RP.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Midnight Tick
6 minutes ago, Volk420 said:

Server just opened, there is no guns and drugs aviable yet, only who abusing PF license and doesnt know about rule number 14. I made money for rp, this is what most of us doing right now. Just be patient and Rp or make money for future RP.

That's the thing, though. What meaning is there for money if we have already all gathered enough money? No guns and drugs available will just mean that once they're there, they will have either no meaning or won't have a more realistic price. There'll be a lot of people interested in those and in buying, of course, that's no bullshit, but it won't help in the current situation that the economy is in. In fact, after all the exploiting or bug abusing that there was in the server, it's a big stain that probably won't come off unless you re-roll back.

Thuggy
32 minutes ago, Midnight Tick said:

That's the thing, though. What meaning is there for money if we have already all gathered enough money? No guns and drugs available will just mean that once they're there, they will have either no meaning or won't have a more realistic price. There'll be a lot of people interested in those and in buying, of course, that's no bullshit, but it won't help in the current situation that the economy is in. In fact, after all the exploiting or bug abusing that there was in the server, it's a big stain that probably won't come off unless you re-roll back.

If factions work with faction management there is a way to control the prices.

• Like 1

Volk420

Server just opened, be patient and wait for official factions, strawman job. I know It`s sad when you poor and want easy money from Rping, but we can`t earn from rp only now becouse there is no weapons and drugs, so like eveybody else go and make some money from current jobs we have in server and rp in free time of course. C'mon dudes don`t be mad!

• Haha 1

Anthony_Gennaro
Posted (edited)

People are more concerned with getting basic necessities like houses and cars rather than the sole purpose of the game. I'm not sure how this could be fixed. Even if we go back to square one, you push people away because everyone would lose their hard work and time would be wasted. Furthermore, we would just have to grind it out all over again.

There needs to be a higher welfare taxes, which can't even get changed due to the lack of government so that's out of the picture. Our next solution is to reimburse players more money with jobs. Right now it's an RPG - sort of like Runescape - instead of increasing our skills, we're spending hours doing monotonous jobs.  Blame it on the fact it's a new server all you want but it's a roleplay server, let's avoid making it otherwise. So what the economy inflates and doesn't replicate the real world? It's a game after all, it'll never be a mirror image and we can always evolve and adapt.

Lastly, something that I don't expect to come just yet but the addition of guns and drugs. Probably the only reason why drugs are haven't rolled out is because of the naming issue. Forget about all of that and just go with the generic: cocaine, marijuana, heroin, etc. I understand the reason behind the Rockstar-based names but it doesn't really matter and its over-complicating something simple.

Basically, we need to focus on making acquiring money easier, otherwise people will waste time going on solo job marathons and not actually roleplay. Oh, and let's not forget to mention that eventually people will get bored of being poor and unable to purchase basic necessities and quit.

edit: And the "be patient" card won't work for long. Me? I'm patient, I see potential, but there are a lot of people who can't be as patient since everyone's already waited months. Let's capitalize on what's in front of us.

Edited by Anthony_Gennaro