News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
smallz

Combine SD & DoC

smallz

I know we're still in the very first phase of the server but I'd like to throw in this suggestion for the future. In some states, prisons are controlled by the sheriff's department branch for penitentiaries (probably not called like that but I'll go with it) and I think it would be better for all of us if these two factions were to be combined into one, to avoid confusion and unnecessary inactivity.

Bryar

Prisons are a state ran, or in some cases privately owned, facilities.  Sheriff's Departments hold jails within them to hold inmates until a hearing which decides if they go to prison, finish their time out in jail, or if they are free to go.  I think a prison would be pointless at this time.  I would suggest having SD run a small jail.

smallz
On 8. 11. 2017 at 6:07 PM, Bryar said:

Prisons are a state ran, or in some cases privately owned, facilities.  Sheriff's Departments hold jails within them to hold inmates until a hearing which decides if they go to prison, finish their time out in jail, or if they are free to go.  I think a prison would be pointless at this time.  I would suggest having SD run a small jail.

That is a good idea as well yo

Bunting

Well there's isn't a Sheriff's Department, but yes, I understand that this could be useful and DoC isn't really high activity on any server to be honest.

Frezeli

I don't think DoC should be established at the current state of the server, I mean... I'm sure the playerbase will be a surprise to everyone who's not expecting already— but we need to let stuff actually take place before we let DoC establish its roots.

Mica

I think it's a good idea for the future. If there's going to be a SD, then it should help with activity if these two are combined.

Gary

I'd prefer for them to stay seperate though the idea is nice.

Survivalmaster

I've always known them to be private and not really ran by sheriffs, it's more of a corporate thing.

Guest kane

A sheriff's department is non existent right now. If a DoC is made, it'll more than likely be arranged by faction management.

Going to archive this as it's an old and inactive suggestion. There are multiple other threads discussing this.