News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Bishop

RoE Feedback

Bishop

What are your opinions on the 24 hours attack cool down? In my personal opinion, it's way too long. There's not much to do in-game right now other than beef with another faction and do hood roleplay. Should we lower it to about 6 hours or something? would like to hear other people's opinions on the RoE.

Lockhart

24 hours is perfect and encourages other roleplay as opposed to constant fights/battles. If you're creative as a faction there's plenty to do, the majority of gang RP I've done is through simple RP.

• Like 2

Anomaly

Everything seems to be fine, otherwise, there will be attacks all day long, without any roleplay.

outlaw
Posted (edited)

You don't have to always attack other factions and create chaos by posting red names all over your threads, let's be honest. You can create hood roleplay not attacking other factions if you have the motivation for it, in my opinion, it's fine.

Edited by outlaw
  • Like 1

HotHead

I like the idea of it being longer, but damn.. 24 hours? I think thats a bit too long. I'd say two-four hour cool downs would be the max, imo.

aktive

24 hours is just too damn much

Bash_Barti

24 hours is pretty long, yes. I'd say 3 to 5 at a minimum and maximum.

Lei

Minimum 12 hours. 24 hours is fine by me. Personally I feel if you can't occupy your time for more than 12 hours doing something that isn't attacking other factions then you've really got to broaden your horizons a little in terms of roleplay.

Bishop

Especially with no drugs or barely any guns in the server, there really isn't much to do for hood roleplay at the moment. Sure, we've done hood parties already, we've done taggings, we've went out to the local 24/7, we've eaten at the local burger shot, we've had some hood brawls, we can roleplay and we DO roleplay at the hood but it gets boring after a while. 24 hours is a long ass time to do something exciting. This is a game after all. I'm not saying lets go DM everyone.

• Like 2

Clout

24 hours is too long honestly.

nice

Too long. Should be lowered to about 7.

Bash_Barti

How about 12 hours? That sounds better... that way, factions can fight in the morning and then in the night (as an example).

• Like 1

Finch

I don’t do criminal roleplay but somewhere around 12 hours seems reasonable. Anything less just incites constant DM and lack of creative or passive roleplay.

Lockhart
1 hour ago, Bishop said:

Especially with no drugs or barely any guns in the server, there really isn't much to do for hood roleplay at the moment. Sure, we've done hood parties already, we've done taggings, we've went out to the local 24/7, we've eaten at the local burger shot, we've had some hood brawls, we can roleplay and we DO roleplay at the hood but it gets boring after a while. 24 hours is a long ass time to do something exciting. This is a game after all. I'm not saying lets go DM everyone.

Sorry mate, I wasn't implying you weren't creative. I do understand where you're coming from. Guns, drugs and the rest of it are a work in progress and will hopefully be with you soon.

The RoE is 24 hours now and will be 24 hours when drugs are added. It wont be changed on the basis that there is currently a lack of drugs and weapons.

Hopefully you feel differently soon as new content rolls out

• Confused 2

Highwire
4 hours ago, Bash_Barti said:

How about 12 hours? That sounds better... that way, factions can fight in the morning and then in the night (as an example).

I agree with this. 24 hours saves the headache of constantly being attacked and leaves A LOT of room to do other activities, but it also could cause a bit of confusion for players in different timezones. If there's a war between factions going on, and different players from different timezones are being provoked by eachother, they should be allowed to retaliate regardless of what happened in the morning. Also could create problems because the night players may not be aware of an unreported attack from the morning, and factions will take advantage of that OOC to get them in shit.