• Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
shift

Let's talk about the playercount.

shift
Posted (edited)

First of all, let me get something outta the way that everyone already knows:

The playercount has significantly dropped since day one. What used to be a city sprawling with people is now a desolate server with the only roleplay opportunities lying within the many unofficial (most of them illegal) factions or the people you manage to have a small conversation with during your work hours as a trucker, taxi driver, or lumberjack.  Why has it done that? Does anybody know? Why was everybody so goddamned hyped for the release of this server, just to abandon it a day after release? There are a lot of factors and reasons involved in the decreasing population, and the way I see it, it's only going to get worse from here unless something is done that will draw people back. There's only so much passive roleplay people can do before it gets stale, boring, and tedious. There's a few issues that I'm going to cover here - not all of you will agree with me, but I'm certain on the fact that they are problems, and they need to be fixed as soon as possible otherwise we're just going to see another issue of 'Vice City Roleplay'. Anybody remember that? It was short lived.

1. Businesses

Even if they're not player run, the management team needs to start running some events. I understand a lot of them are busy ironing out bugs, but maybe they could bring on a few known members of the community to do some business openings. Anything will do. Club openings, concerts, car shows, anything that will draw some people onto the server. Let people run their businesses, guys. 

2. Illegal Factions

A lot of the playerbase is covered by these guys. They're the bulk of the server, if I'm being completely honest, and a lot of them have disappeared already. This is because there's nothing to draw them back. Instead of introducing these 'strawman' jobs, designate a few factions that prove their worthiness the role of market injectors. Just let them sell a few black market items, like weapons and drugs, to start the illegal market. A lot of illegal roleplay is centered around dirty dealings and without these, the illegal factions will start to disappear, along with your playercount. Just let these guys get what they need. Come on. You don't need to be so formal and strict about everything.

3. Grinding

This is a big problem. You shouldn't be seeing this on a roleplay server. Typically, there's no roleplay involved and it's just a rush for money. 

Currently, everyone is either grinding or roleplaying within their circles. Something needs to be done otherwise this server will go downhill.

A lot of people also seemed to have lose faith in management because of their recent (controversial decisions) regarding PF licenses and the strawman job. I think that PF licenses should be application based and the strawman job should be removed.

These are just a few of my thoughts. If anyone would like to contribute to any of this, or even criticize my thoughts, you are welcome to. This is a discussion for everyone, all opinions are welcome.

Edited by shift
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lockhart
Posted (edited)

What you witnessed on day 1 was people joining to see what the fuss was about and never had any intenions of sticking around. We knew this was going to happen as it always does with a server launch.

BARP was never meant to open with a finished product and nobody made such a promise. The launch was as transparent as it could have been; you were told it would be incomplete and you were told there would be bugs.

People haven't been put off. Those who saw the potential to begin with still see the potential now. Things are coming together nicely. We're pretty much getting daily revisions and the turnaround on bug fixes is literally the quickest I've seen in the most part.

Businesses will come into play soon and the grinding will slowly die out. The reason the grinding is so prolific is because players have no money. Again, this is always seen on server launches.

Edited by Lockhart
  • Like 2

Montreal

This guy fucks.

• Haha 2

choda96
Posted (edited)

Main reason why so many people left server is releasing half finished product without naming it beta. You can not expect people to stick around if server on opening day dose not have basic working scripts.

On opening day, nothing was working properly, and it put bad light on this server. Like, for 6 months of development, I expected more. I expected server to have multiple spawn points on opening day, expected BASIC / PLAIN phone script with commands like /call, /savecontact, /conact list, BASIC vehicle script (which we didnt have on opening day), we didn't even have working DMV.

We had only two jobs, and not even these two are working as it should.

Also, server opened without guns and drugs script, without scripted business like bars, gyms, clubs, and main purpose of these is to enhance roleplay, give players some opportunities, provide them with new chances to RP, instead of just standing on the block doing /me's.  I'm not sure why managment didn't wait for one more additional month or two, to add these and more features.

I know there is several bugs you guys wasn't aware of, but that's why we should've at least 2-3 more betas. If we were waiting for server to open 6 months we could wait 1-2 more.

Maybe I just had my expectations set up too high, I dont know, but anyway I hope, people gonna give this server one more chance in next weeks / months.

At the end, I honestly appreciate hard work of developers, to fix what has been done

Edited by choda96
  • Like 2

Fraudulent-Philanthropist
Posted (edited)

Can we just stop with these threads already? It's getting old.

Edited by OGBishop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

certified_ethug
6 minutes ago, OGBishop said:

Can we just stop with these threads already? It's getting old.

^^^^

150 players daily is great imo, the server's still in development anyways it's gonna have it's ups and it's downs just like every other server.

Bagz
Just now, certified scam said:

^^^^

150 players daily is great imo, the server's still in development anyways it's gonna have it's ups and it's downs just like every other server.

i agree, 150 players is good

Fraudulent-Philanthropist
Just now, certified scam said:

^^^^

Exactly, It's pretty obvious after ten "Let's speak on the playerbase" threads (utterly ending in BA:RP being horribly slandered and tons of arguments breaking out), I'm sure Management is well aware of all the problems. They won't be fixed in a days work, give it time and quit whining on these threads, they aren't doing anything but pissing the Development team off even more while they already have a bunch of angry adults screaming at them about their "buggy" script. 

Just please give them time to work. If you want to make this thread, come back in a month - at minimum.

Andrei

The reason why I am not active always is because jobs were not made for such many players, I can't find cars at trucker neither trees at lumberjack, so I decide to go search for RP, welp, can't find any legal RP beside conversations, stay at the garage wait for some cars to come and fix them, cars coming only to ram us. So... nothing much

Richard_Nardi

People need a goal right now, something to strive for. Bussineses/official factions have to be picked out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blackburn

Discussed this X times, said what we wanted X times, it's time to stop opening these kinds of threads as everyone is very well aware of the issues and lack of systems scriptwise.

Just stand back and watch, it's in their best interest to get the things going as it's a mutual benefit, us enjoying the game and them making some money out of it if the player base increases.

Just chill

Felos
Posted (edited)

Honestly, we're getting updates nearly every two days, so development is doing pretty great. In my opinion, we do need a club to entertain legal roleplayers in their off-duty roleplay or people who simply try to stay legal. Illegal factions are already being monitored and discussed, just like everywhere else getting official isn't that easy. 150 players is great, we're not the largest server, but we also haven't been open for a long time. First-day hype is always different since everyone on every other server will just have a look and go back to their own server. With a baseline of 150 players and without even a drugs or large weapon script, I feel like we're doing amazing.

Now we watch and wait as developers, mappers, and modders make this server even more amazing than it already is.

Edited by Felos

Ajgleskorv
Posted (edited)

The server will develop over time. It has potential.

Edited by Ajgleskorv

Anthony_Gennaro

The revisions have rolled out on a constant basis, and people are slowly but surely settling in. There's such a high ceiling for this server. Just wait. It'll all be worth it in the end.