Sign in to follow this  
Jack

What would you like to see in GOV?

Jack    9
Jack

As the server isn't up yet, I decided to seize the opportunity to collect creative input from the community as to what they would like to see from GOV.

Please feel free to offer up any ideas you may have and I'll be sure to reply!

Faizaan    19
Faizaan

Individual benefits system for those who role play young and poor.

Grintch.    11
Grintch.

Some new things totally different from others servers. 

It's a SF-RP servers, things need to be different. 

You would make a department that which deal with the tram transport on San Fierro.

Jack    9
Jack
10 minutes ago, Faizaan said:

As the American Constitution Party stands for lower social spending, this won't be implemented. Furthermore, due to the potential for abusing such a system, I doubt it would be very possible regardless.

1 minute ago, Grintch. said:

Some new things totally different from others servers. 

It's a SF-RP servers, things need to be different. 

You would make a department that which deal with the tram transport on San Fierro.

This will be happening. The trams will fall under the jurisdiction over the Department of Transportation which is currently in the works!

• Like 1

Fabian    30
Fabian
27 minutes ago, Faizaan said:

Something like this will happen eventually, however to a much lower extent than what it used to be on other servers, we'll be roleplaying some health insurance benefits and food stamps, however as @Jack clearly said, the party in power does not go for things like this, it may fall under the powers of the City Council further down the line.

https://discord.gg/VaYkfs

We've set up a channel on our Discord for you to talk to us directly, we'll be still responding to posts here, however this would be appreciated as well.

Edited by Fabian

Faizaan    19
Faizaan
1 hour ago, Fabian said:

Something like this will happen eventually, however to a much lower extent than what it used to be on other servers, we'll be roleplaying some health insurance benefits and food stamps, however as @Jack clearly said, the party in power does not go for things like this, it may fall under the powers of the City Council further down the line.

https://discord.gg/VaYkfs

We've set up a channel on our Discord for you to talk to us directly, we'll be still responding to posts here, however this would be appreciated as well.

That's fine, I was just thinking of something unique but if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.

Edited by Faizaan

BarelyVisible    1
BarelyVisible

A penal code.

A written constitution.

A functioning Court System with Judges that carry out their duties with impartiality.

Xyna    16
Xyna

Like others said above, some sort of welfare system. And I also hope to see some community outreach.

Conspiracy    233
Conspiracy

Less bureaucratic bullshit. Less OOC lobbying. Less elitism. Less trying to make things more fucking complicated than they should be for the sake of "realism". Less "In Character" discussions over the forum and instead more time spent in-game. Believe me when I say this - I'd make a mortal enemy out of any mayor who doesn't follow these simple principles. Might sound a little rude blurting out all of this for no apparent reason, but still, it had to be said - I've been disappointed way too many times in the past 7 years by government "roleplayers".

All in all though, good luck and have fun to the people that want to dabble in San Fierro politics.

Edit: Thought you're an aspiring candidate of some sort with no background. Now that I know you're already the mayor, then obviously ~50% of the stuff I said doesn't apply to your office. If you were chosen as the first mayor directly by server management then obviously you're more than capable for the position. I'm glad they picked someone themselves, rather than run elections when no one has established their reputation ICly yet. Good luck!

Edited by Conspiracy
  • Like 1

rootless cosmopolitan    6
rootless cosmopolitan
7 hours ago, Conspiracy said:

Less bureaucratic bullshit. Less OOC lobbying. Less elitism. Less trying to make things more fucking complicated than they should be for the sake of "realism". Less "In Character" discussions over the forum and instead more time spent in-game. Believe me when I say this - I'd make a mortal enemy out of any mayor who doesn't follow these simple principles. Might sound a little rude blurting out all of this for no apparent reason, but still, it had to be said - I've been disappointed way too many times in the past 7 years by government "roleplayers".

All in all though, good luck and have fun to the people that want to dabble in San Fierro politics.

Edit: Thought you're an aspiring candidate of some sort with no background. Now that I know you're already the mayor, then obviously 90% of the stuff I said doesn't apply to your office. If you were chosen as the first mayor directly by server management then obviously you're more than capable for the position. I'm glad they picked someone themselves, rather than run elections when no one has established their reputation ICly yet. Good luck!

wow slow down maurice 

best kept secret    139
best kept secret

secret service

Edited by best kept secret

bichidontfuckwitu    1
bichidontfuckwitu

first off, good luck to u both

second of all will u be adding a welfare system or smth along those lines 

Montreal    120
Montreal

A scene. Like actually a scene that encourages political roleplay and outsiders can somehow get involved with, communities represented by certain legislators and what not. Civilians should play a role in it as well. Doesn't have to be big, just something, as long as there's roleplay going on somewhere, people are inclined to tack on. The server's just getting started so there's a lot of choices and freedom in what to do and focus on and all the future endeavors are sort of relying on what will be established early on. So good luck.

• Like 2

Lee    4
Lee

As well as all the things mentioned above, being more than a forum work faction is imperative. The GOV faction should aim to have a thriving and aesthetically pleasing media thread where it can display up-coming systems through the art of in-game communication and roleplay. In turn, this will encourage more people to roleplay with the faction seeing that the faction is active in-game and they can also publicly display the roleplay of the faction. 

Frezeli    31
Frezeli

Only that the governance is transparent, but I guess that’s an IC issue. 😅