Sign in to follow this  
* Big Gucci Draco

GOOD CRITICISM

* Big Gucci Draco    22
* Big Gucci Draco

Instead of bashing the server and shit.

Everyone state what the server needs, so @Rehasherand the dev team can implement it or fix it.

DamianC    294
DamianC

I personally don't mind the criticism, and almost- almost, everything I read came from the hearts. People are clearly frustrated and they want, expected, and deserved a bit more- at least in terms of more openess. Which is why I've always practiced the stance of just telling you how it is, and just not sugar coating it. We can work for a year straight and the server wouldn't be perfect still. Things will always be missed. Just like every revision you've been through on whatever server you came from and every future revision we will have here it will be met initially with disdain as it's not going to be perfect.

Honestly, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with this launch and I still to this day don't see it. Did people leave? Yea, it's not our job to meet impossible expectations. You come from servers up for close to 6-10 years. I can't speak for others, but most of the big name ones started off with standards that'd make you question whether you were on a FreeRoam TDM or a RP server. This ain't ya mama's cooking, this is a whole new plate. The issues people posting, which I encourage, are not things set in stone to stay. I said it ingame, before launch, and in my dawn topic is going to take a solid 3 weeks(with the help of criticism of course) to get the ship aimed somewhere straight.

There's no government backstory here, there is no factions to set the tone of our history, there's no back story at all. There has not been any major clashes in the community(ranging from players to high level admins). There has not been anything significant really to start creating the culture of BA-RP. All it's been thus far is hype, which is just not healthy. I apologized before and I'll apologize again for the ETAs that were posted, I'm not and have never been an ETA man so I know frustrating it can be to see a big fat number in front of your screen and watching all the lights and buzzing going off in your imaginations. I'm not a man of false hope which is why I'm pretty blunt alot of the times.

So yea, you can hate it. Ya can leave. You can sit here and tear the server apart. You taking your time to come here will always be heavily appreciated, and them numbers are still absolutely magnificent! For the ones who left your seat will still be warm for ya if you ever want to come back, without being dumb of course. In terms of the server the developers are still hard at work ironing out issues and even hopping on top of new features. The staff team is hard at work tuning the general culture( from economy, to illegal activities ). So we'll see!

• Like 5

babyfacedhustlermarz    28
babyfacedhustlermarz
Posted (edited)

The server is dope bro I've found some great roleplay already the bugs and shit do not bother me I came here to roleplay and I'm doing so and enjoying so thanks for creating this and goodluck for the future. @DamianC

Edited by babyfacedhustlermarz

Simmo    0
Simmo

PF license. Make it harder to get, by sliding in firearm knowledge based tests.

Firearm safe handling, important weapon parts.

DamianC    294
DamianC
2 minutes ago, Simmo said:

PF license. Make it harder to get, by sliding in firearm knowledge based tests.

Firearm safe handling, important weapon parts.

I'd suggest a suggestion topic, if there's not already one, and you PM it to Aero to ensure it somewhat sees the light of day. I can tell you right now the PF system will never be a favorable system, I've seen all versions of it. I'm personally more of a fan of some sort IG unit/group of the law enforcement that just handled PF license transactions ingame. I'm all about less forum posts and more IG RP opportunities.

They could have some little class setting, and or shoot at boards in one of those gun shooting training interiors, the ideas go on.

• Like 1

Krayzie    12
Krayzie

Sure would be nice if the truck didn't dissapear when you finished your trucking job. Maybe have an incentive to bring it back, by giving back your $100.

Rehasher    591
Rehasher
10 minutes ago, Krayzie said:

Sure would be nice if the truck didn't dissapear when you finished your trucking job. Maybe have an incentive to bring it back, by giving back your $100.

Fixed in the next update.

Highwire    38
Highwire
29 minutes ago, DamianC said:

They could have some little class setting, and or shoot at boards in one of those gun shooting training interiors, the ideas go on.

That would be amazing if you guys could recreate the shooting range from SP and incorporate a quiz on gun responsibility in order to get a gun license. Makes it a lot more engaging and worthwhile than a boring old forum application with a made up story about how you fear for your life or hunt ducks for a living and need a PF for your M4.

anyways, the bugs also do not bother me much. It is a bit annoying not being able to use my bike that I paid for, or having my truck disappear during a delivery, but if looking for roleplay, all you really need is a functional /me and /do. The rest are all aesthetics, which are really nice to have, but honestly not necessary to play the game. I get that some people's expectations were through the roof and they were really disappointed with the results, but they also don't understand the difficulty of building the foundation for a script that is intended to turn out massive.

My only concern atm is the roleplay quality. It needs to be more clearly stated what you guys are aiming for in terms of standards and goals for the server, because right now the quality ranges from rock bottom RPG-levels to moderately heavy rp, and if the goal is medium-heavy RP, there needs to be systems in place to weed out the RPGers and trolls. I think most of the other bugs and major suggestions have been covered or are in the works.

DamianC    294
DamianC
5 minutes ago, Highwire said:

My only concern atm is the roleplay quality. It needs to be more clearly stated what you guys are aiming for in terms of standards and goals for the server, because right now the quality ranges from rock bottom RPG-levels to moderately heavy rp, and if the goal is medium-heavy RP, there needs to be systems in place to weed out the RPGers and trolls. I think most of the other bugs and major suggestions have been covered or are in the works.

Yes, it's known that a good chunk of people coming here are prolly banished from other communities so I make sure to stay on the lookout for general idiocy. I don't care what level of rp a server has there's never any excuse for trolling whatsoever. Part of the 3 weeks plan is definitely to weed out troublemakers who are here to damage everyone elses time.

• Like 1

index    27
index

Fix house prices, they're too high. No player can earn $200,000 to own a house to live in. Add more interior types, so far I've seen only one and the same shitty interior in every house. Donation system is also required. What did those donators really donate for?

thekillergreece    53
thekillergreece

As for the firearms, I can tell you that we are planning to educate and train civilians how to properly use them and WHEN to use them. The only thing you got to do is apply for CCW.

I have few plans for the Firearms Licensing Division within in SFPD. They should be announced in few days.

DamianC    294
DamianC
1 minute ago, Index said:

Fix house prices, they're too high. No player can earn $200,000 to own a house to live in. Add more interior types, so far I've seen only one and the same shitty interior in every house. Donation system is also required. What did those donators really donate for?

I'd rather a good chunk of them stay "too high" until we get a solid footing on a more fair and balanced outlook of the economy and earning money. Donations are all logged and will be given the content as the general thanks. And the donations went toward the server being up.

• Like 1

Inimene123    62
Inimene123

The prices are not even close to being too high. Some people got good money already and after all, it will be soon all about hustling and so in the server, so do not even bother saying the prices are too high. It'll become clearer and easier to get houses later maybe. It's relatively easy to currently get a house and hold it until the server actually has a stable 200-400 player base and actually you can sell your apartment or a house for 100k easy profit. There were apartments for sale for 20k so why do you even check out only the houses that are for 200k? My good criticism will be about the trucker job. It's a unique system but needs loads of testing and fixing for it to work well. Good fucking job, developers!