News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Jetlake

Police Infiltration & Some what harsh Penal Code

Jetlake

1. Undercover - I've seen this on another server but it's an great idea and it adds loads of roleplay.

For example an Undercover infiltrates a crime family, his objective is to grab intel and report it back to the PD, he has to Rply do this and if he is caught the crime family can CK the undercover.

But if the undercover succeeds then the crime family can be imprisoned or shut down, this means family's can't go around just Murdering people.. Because they have an small chance of being caught and sent to Prison.

2. Penal Code - Next we have the penal code, we need actual Harsh prison times,  so they'll not do it again.

EX - Felony Evasion-. 35 minutes.

EX - Murder-. 60 minutes,

Drop you're thoughts below.

josef

We were discussing in discord about how the imprisonment system most definitely needs some work. I think when the time comes, an overall thread should be made by either development or the leadership of the state's laws, and a verdict should be made on how the incarceration system should be put into play. Comparing things like the times you've listed to those of another server, the timings lead to some people having to sit online doing nothing for up to 15 hours, due to the mere lack of prison-relative roleplay. 

This is something that needs brainstorming.

Ryker

60+ minutes jail times are dumb. If you're not going to back it up with solid prison roleplay then you're just going to dissuade everyone from being a criminal and I'm surely not going to enjoy it when the server is full of law-abiding citizens because that's boring, not to mention all the people who will break rules to avoid jail: suicide, quitting, etc. I certainly don't want to RP a criminal so I can spend half of my in-game time alt-tabbing waiting until I'm out of jail every time I get caught. 

Jetlake
2 hours ago, Ryker said:

60+ minutes jail times are dumb. If you're not going to back it up with solid prison roleplay then you're just going to dissuade everyone from being a criminal and I'm surely not going to enjoy it when the server is full of law-abiding citizens because that's boring, not to mention all the people who will break rules to avoid jail: suicide, quitting, etc. I certainly don't want to RP a criminal so I can spend half of my in-game time alt-tabbing waiting until I'm out of jail every time I get caught. 

Have you ever heard of you have to pay the time to do the crime?

Silent Gabagool

I don't necessarily think the times are bad but I'd probably wait until the server is a bit bigger for them to be a thing. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is working with faction management somehow plus using statistics of the size of the server (players daily and at a certain time) to determine what times to set. Do it by playerbase in a sort of X number of Illegal Factions and a Y number of players on daily equation. Wait for the server to get to a certain point then increase it. You have to factor in that, yeah, you have to "Do your time if you do the crime" but this is a new server. Other servers like the one we're all thinking of has a stable enough prison system so that people have others to rp with. You seriously don't want to make people wait hours in prison just to rp by themselves. It will seriously demotivate people. 

I also think the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, and the Government council should have a say in it. PD needs to sit down with GOV about this. 

Edited by Silent Gabagool

Ryker
4 hours ago, Jetlake said:

Have you ever heard of you have to pay the time to do the crime?

Yes, except that this isn't real life, this is a game. This needs to be handled ICly but there are clearly no indications of any measures being taken to handle it (namely: solid prison roleplay), so what are you going to do? Toss criminals in cells for hours where all they can do is alt-tab and talk shit on OOC? No thanks.

tw1ster

A penal code will be in the works over time, you can't have a huge penal code when the server starts, you start small and work big. If you have suggestions you can place them here so Aero (the chief) reads them directly. You have to remember, this is a game and we're trying to make things 50/50 fair for both sides.