Sign in to follow this  
Dunwich

Lumberjack Guide by: Dunwich the Lumberjack

Dunwich    9
Dunwich

JeQViKS.jpg

[DISCLAIMER]: This is just MY opinion on how to effectively earn more money from the lumberjack job. Remember, it's an OPINION.

Hey there guys!

So I just figured to share this newfound knowledge I've acquired from doing the lumberjack job. This'll help out the guys who are new to Bay Area Roleplay and want to earn an easy living (lumberjack is a hard enough job but, this'll make your work easier). 

The key to doing this job more efficiently is to turn your time stamps on (If you haven't, do /timestamps In-game). The timestamp is essential to this technique, so keep in mind to keep it on while doing the job. I've noticed that the trees respawn approximately 4 minutes after it has been cut down (Note that I said "approximately", the respawn time can vary within 3 to 4 minutes). I tracked the time I cut it down and went back to it after 3 minutes, so that I can track when it respawns, and I repeat the same process.

Let's say you found a tree that can be cut down, you check the time stamp and it was 18:25:00. You found another one and you have cut it down at 18:26:30. Remember I said that the respawn time is approximately 4 minutes? You have to be at the tree stump after 3 minutes, because the trees respawn in 3 to 4 minutes.

Applying this, you come back to the first tree you cut at 18:28:00 (was cut at 18:25:00) Now you wait for a minute or less before it respawns again. After cutting it, track the time stamp to know the time you've cut the tree down and repeat the process again. Let's say you have cut the tree at 18:28:50 (remember the trees respawn in 3-4 minutes, the time may vary for each tree), you remember you have another tree that you have cut down at 18:26:30? It's almost 3 minutes since you have cut that tree. Go to the tree and do the same process. Now you have 2 trees that you alone know when they will spawn back.

So to summarize the process:

1st step: Cut down the tree and check the time stamp so that you know what time you cut it down

2nd step: return to the tree after 3 minutes

3rd step: wait for 1 minute or less for it to respawn

4th step: Repeat the 1st step

I actually used this to track 3 trees and successfully cut them down many times, dunno if you can do 4 or more trees with this technique.

I call this technique "Dunwich lumberjack style" (sorry for the name xD). Well, that's all there is to it, all you need is your time stamp and patience.

Feel free to give your opinions about this topic, I can accept criticism and such :D

Thanks,

Dunwich

UPDATE: FEBUARY 28, 2018 updated to 0.8.7

*The tree's spawn time has decreased from 4 minutes to 1 minute, so basically you can just cut the tree down, deliver the logs and return to the trees. You can still use this trick though, but I doubt it won't be of much use for this update.

*I suggest you cut down the trees that are nearest to the log drop off point (There are trees nearby, I think 2 of them)

UPDATE: MARCH 10, 2018 updated to 0.9.0

*Trees still spawn every 1 minute from the time they get cut.

*Salary increase to a maximum of 300$/tree 

*Instead on waiting on for 1 tree, try double cutting, after cutting 1 tree, go find another one then cut it, as soon as you're done cutting

the other tree, go back to the tree you have previously cut, it most likely have respawned by now

*Remember to have a third tree as a backup. It's not always that you can cut the same 2 trees, there will be players who will spot your 1st or 2nd tree and cut them, ruining the timing of your trees

*I suggest you go for the trees that are nearest to the log drop off point, there's life 4 to 5 of them withing close reach

Edited by Dunwich
0.9.0 update on the lumberjack job
  • Like 1

Jazzy    2
Jazzy

So that's why you were running around in the forest doing maths. 

McFellow    9
McFellow

Nice guide!

budala    9
budala

and if that doesnt work, you can always go to the highest spot and pray to the gods

/salute 2

JohnnyCavalli    6
JohnnyCavalli

or just bunnyhop to every tree and spam your binds to get it quick lool

Montreal    120
Montreal

two ploss two is four minus one that's three quick maffs.

Zapper    49
Zapper

Looks good.

Moved to Community Guides.

Midnight Tick    90
Midnight Tick

This feels like a League of Legends guide to jungling. 😥

koicel    0
koicel

So, basically how much you gather with this job in x time?

Dunwich    9
Dunwich
On 2/28/2018 at 10:07 AM, koicel said:

So, basically how much you gather with this job in x time?

Well with the new update, you get around 100$ per tree a minute. The spawn time of the trees have changed from 4 mins to between 1 to 2 minutes. I would say that you can earn 2 to 3k in 30 minutes. That's if there no one who will interrupt you in the trees you have tracked.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this