• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Albert_DeMauro

Construction scripted jobs

Albert_DeMauro

Hello,

recently I've read about new working places being worked-on and added, that being fishing, construction and mechanic jobs. 

My suggestion is that construction is removed from the list since it's a complete role playing environment, and we all know that people who work are not interested in role playing what so ever. Right now, I'm providing the server with a realistic construction working environment company and this update could screw everything up since construction would become of a scripted command. To provide the server with more realistic role play, construction should be kept all in character with government contracts and real role playing construction laborers. But I also understand you, the developers and staff team about the need of adding new jobs to the server since it's a complete chaos right now, that's why I suggest construction being replaced with manufacturing, packers and packagers. Since there's a lot of abandoned factories that could be used. Put in a warehouse interior and have someone decorate / furniture the whore factory and script some points of where they pick manufactured items and package them. Long tables and all. Would be a wonderful, creative asset to the server itself and I would keep the realism in construction laboring and union duties.

Thank you for your time reading,

Albert_DeMauro.

Edited by Albert_DeMauro
  • Like 6

outlaw

I totally support this, I think construction job should be kept as a roleplay thing not a scripted job.

Brandon_Greco

Supporting this 100%. A scripted construction job holds no place on a roleplay server. Construction companies should be player created and bids for Government construction contracts should be made at an IC level.

Mob Nights

I support this too, Construction should be kept as a roleplay scenario not a scriptwise job.

Albert_DeMauro

Also, no offense but I wouldn't let the players control heavy construction machinery. We have enough of trucks going on side walks just to smash somebody off. With the heavy machinery that is provided for construction it will be a complete disregard of controlling it properly. All due respect of course, not everyone is like that but there's plenty of new members who take vehicular endangerment as a funny accident.

Anthony_Gennaro

The government should assign government contracts to companies. Adding a construction job is entirely RPG. It’s gonna be a job only meant for money gain instead of generating roleplay which blows. San Fierro has many construction roleplay opportunities and a job would taint them.

Gerald_Armone

Fully support this, construction shouldn't be scripted.

Patrick_Delisanti

Please don't add construction as a public job. I've seen what happens when you take on the Trucker and Lumberjack job. I've seen what it can do to a person's personality. You ever play Left 4 Dead, those blood sucking zombies who'd do whatever it takes to get to you? I wouldn't want that around the construction environment. It's supposed to be secluded and realistic, that's why it should be kept for government contracts only.

If it was added to the public, it'd create more chaos, headaches and then the serious roleplayers will slowly but surely start fading away. I'm all for adding more jobs, but can we keep ones like construction for government choices only. It's a win win if you do, honestly. Creates more roleplay for the government that's soon to come.

Bill_Marante

Why turn a roleplaying environment into a script-wise job that barely provides roleplay? I think it’s good with how it is, construction shouldn’t be a scripted job. I’m supporting this. 

Eugene_Rovigatti

+1, Making construction a job will reduce general RP and ruin faction RP, which might turn the server more into RPG

Midnight Tick

The least I would want is trucker-tier players running me over because they'd be all over the construction site.

Bradley_Schavetta

Behind this 100%. 

Vincent_Cafano

Yes, this has to happen.

Finch

Should be done through government contracts etc, or self employed construction companies and that way it can benefit roleplayed.

Albert_DeMauro

This can be done also like, if there's a official construction company that they can apply to, with resources like in Department of Roads? More people would show interest. That way, role play would improve around construction sites. They are under a close-watch, and some guidance is delivered to them if they are REALLY interested. Because if you have construction as /takejob it will mess it up, but this way you have a wonderful idea and role play involved. I'm trying my best with my company for example but resources are killing me.

Edited by Albert_DeMauro