News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
kolesnikov

Weather

kolesnikov

I believe the weather should be diversified. We can't have all day long only sun and plain sky. I was thinking about something like, an automatically random ooc text that would tell us if tonight it will rain or something (this would be scripted to happen randomly, so take notes). That would be actually, the in character weather program. 

Philostratos

Would be great.

Gentleman Doorkicker

Pro.

kendrick

I think this could be pretty cool. If the development team plans on adding apps to the phone system maybe one of the first things could be a weather app. It'd tell you what the current and next predefined weather is going to be. 

Neaksy

I think the weather should be synced with the one in real-life Bay Area. It would've been easier if the server was in Pacific Time instead of CET, because right now the server takes place eight hours into the future so we could only rely on weather predictions for San Francisco. If that was the case, then we wouldn't really need a script telling us the weather forecast, people and especially IC news agencies could just check the IRL predictions and just announce them in the news. It would also be as diversified as it is in real-life, so it replicates the Northern Californian climate.

Edited by Neaksy

Akiba

Forwarding.

Guest kane

The weather will now change every 2 hours and also show a forecast for all online players.

Admins also have the option of selecting certain weathers from a list that'll also relay a forecast to players. 

We'll go with it for the start, now implemented!