News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
sile20082002

Give Car Keys

sile20082002

Simple suggestion - being able to give the keys to your car so other players can control it. For example, turning the engine on and off and locking and unlocking the car.

Finch

Absolutely, this would be great.

Boss

Agreed. Car keys should only be held until the owner or receiver of the vehicle log out.

Murder
2 hours ago, Boss said:

Agreed. Car keys should only be held until the owner or receiver of the vehicle log out.

No..

It should more be that somebody can do a command like /vdupcarkeys and then the person he gave the car keys should do /givecarkeysback or something, this is a heavy rp server and what is so realistic on losing your keys after the person who gave you it logs off

Buster

Murder has a point. It would be unrealistic for someone to have access to the car ICly to lose it just because of something that won't happen in real life (aka the owner logging off). If he has the keys or dupkeys to it then it should be saved just like that until he returns it, if that's possible scriptwisely.

EDIT: Seeing that cars despawn now after owners logout, I'm changing my stance on still having the keys after the owner logs off.

Edited by Buster

Boss
On 2/26/2018 at 1:57 PM, Murder said:

No..

It should more be that somebody can do a command like /vdupcarkeys and then the person he gave the car keys should do /givecarkeysback or something, this is a heavy rp server and what is so realistic on losing your keys after the person who gave you it logs off

If that's your argument, then you should also be very concerned at the fact that the vehicles despawn when the owner logs out.

Edited by Boss
  • Like 1

BYLUG

I actually agree with Boss here. I think the given car keys should be forfeited upon the owner logging out. This is because this can drive the sales of vehicles quite low and people can just start giving duplicate keys and have their friend or anyone else use that vehicle as their own. The importance of having your own vehicle should not be dwindled. 

Edited by BYLUG

King Lathifa

yeah, we need this

tjofi

Definitely supporting this one. Players should be able to duplicate their keys (/v dup [ID]) to another player, and the recipient would keep that key permanently.

Guest kane

It's implemented 

Sign in to follow this