News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
sentimental soul

Let's talk about the economy

sentimental soul

The current economic system replicates a phantom concept of a real economy and tries to emulate all the monetary aspects usually regulated by specific governement regulations. The market price of every good allows to develop a currency system and to have an idea of how the overall economy system actually works (this is not to be applied to real life situations).

To put it in another way: if you want a certain thing you know you gotta work hard to get it and invest your own time. So we all know this could easily work with valuable things and, on the other hand, we're already aware of the fact that it's not going to work with goods which should be more accessible. 

Having a less strict economy, in my opinion, would have been better. Players shouldn't struggle to get basic things. A less roleplay economy would, without any doubt, increase the standards of playability and make people less focused on money (= more roleplay scenarios). 

Having said this, what are your opinions on this matter and what would you do to improve this aspect?

Edited by sentimental soul
  • Like 3

Tyson Granger

I agree with you, until a player is financially stable, he won't do any proper roleplay, so, earning money in such a hard way is pointless to be honest, since more people will invest more time to earn the money rather than roleplaying, but it's also good for bragging rights for people who would be super duper rich in such economy. Either the prices of goods should come down, or the pay outs should be higher. I mean, there are other ways to earn money as well, such as robberies, and joining a gang, selling guns, drugs, etc. It won't happen however, in a few days only since it's a new server, we should give it a month and see how it works out. The economy system could be for the best, or it could be for the worst, we just gotta find it out. 

Edited by Tyson Granger
  • Like 1

Damon(B)
1 minute ago, sentimental soul said:

The current economic system replicates a phantom concept of a real economy and tries to emulate all the monetary aspects usually regulated by specific governement regulations. The market price of every good allows to develop a currency system and to have an idea of how the overall economy system actually works (this is not to be applied to real life situations).

To put it in another way: if you want a certain thing you know you gotta work hard to get it and invest your own time. So we all know this could easily work with valuable things and, on the other hand, we're already aware of the fact that it's not going to work with goods which should be more accessible. 

Having a less strict economy, in my opinion, would have been better. Players shouldn't struggle to get basic things. A less roleplay economy would, without any doubt, increase the standards of playability and make people less focused on money (more roleplay scenarios). 

Having said this, what are your opinions on this matter and what would you do to improve this aspect?

I totally agree, the server needs to be balanced between fun & work. we want to have fun and work at the same time, but currently i think the economy is too realistic, and this afterall is a game, and  having so much realism can be bad.

Now, this is what i honestly think the devs should do. there are two options: Improve the Economy's pay by a little bit, Improve Economy Pay by a significant amount, not ruining the economy nevertheless.

So, Let's say the Admins and devs improve the economy to meet the standards, a little more pay in the trucker and lumberjack + more jobs, say you can easily get 5k/hour by trucking, that's fair.

Now if that happens.

• Increase sports car prices. ( Elegys etc)
  •  Increase the jobs
  • Increase the job's pay.

• Like 2

Damon(B)

Or let's say you want to be that realstic, than no car should be costing more than 20 grand except for sport cars to be honest,

Huntley should be around 15 grand with the current system, if you don't start with 10k.

sentimental soul
8 minutes ago, Damon(B) said:

I totally agree, the server needs to be balanced between fun & work. we want to have fun and work at the same time, but currently i think the economy is too realistic, and this afterall is a game, and  having so much realism can be bad.

Now, this is what i honestly think the devs should do. there are two options: Improve the Economy's pay by a little bit, Improve Economy Pay by a significant amount, not ruining the economy nevertheless.

So, Let's say the Admins and devs improve the economy to meet the standards, a little more pay in the trucker and lumberjack + more jobs, say you can easily get 5k/hour by trucking, that's fair.

Now if that happens.

• Increase sports car prices. ( Elegys etc)
  •  Increase the jobs
  • Increase the job's pay.

Valuable things can be more expensive and standard things can stay the way they are. Then higher pays and more ways of making money. Looks a good idea. 

* Big Gucci Draco

But this is what you guys suggested now you guys don't like it? Make up your boggled mind.

sentimental soul
14 minutes ago, * Big Gucci Draco said:

But this is what you guys suggested now you guys don't like it? Make up your boggled mind.

It's my first day on the server, pretty much sure people made wrong decisions without even analyzing different options. Testing is necessary and should be done seriously and carefully. The economy should be the result of particular choices and not only random opinions. 

Things aren't working out the way they should. At least, for me.

Edited by sentimental soul

babyfacedhustlermarz

Man stop the complaining and just get rich niggahs.

• Thanks 1

CUTZITARU SUFLET ROMANESC
17 minutes ago, babyfacedhustlermarz said:

Man stop the complaining and just get rich niggahs.

trooe

Larry

I'm giving away one dollar.

• Like 2

Seaworthy

This is a good topic. Agreeing with all of the statements said above I feel like players should be able to kind of pick some items that their character gets @ the start so that they can jump right into their RP (which is why we're here) rather than having to grind jobs all of the time.

Norse
1 hour ago, Seaworthy said:

This is a good topic. Agreeing with all of the statements said above I feel like players should be able to kind of pick some items that their character gets @ the start so that they can jump right into their RP (which is why we're here) rather than having to grind jobs all of the time.

eh. no. I don't want this to be like Owl gaming on mta with their cancerous coin system, I think it's fine the way it is the only reason yall are bitching so much is because of the jobs not working or paying a low amount, you don't need assets to roleplay and more people need to understand that.

HOUSE™

I agree, but then I disagree at the same time if that makes sense. The only reason why I disagree is because if you roleplay selling drugs for instance it means something. You're making money rather then doing it just for the RP. And with this economy, $500 dollars means a lot. It should mean a lot because in real life it does. However... I see your point. It takes you ages just to afford something, and no one is RP'ing because they can't afford anything.

𝔊𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔢𝔬𝔲𝔰.

Well the jobs need to provide a larger payout or the checks need to be thicker because this trucker and lumberjack job isn't working for me personally. 

KeeganGDK
2 hours ago, Norse said:

eh. no. I don't want this to be like Owl gaming on mta with their cancerous coin system, I think it's fine the way it is the only reason yall are bitching so much is because of the jobs not working or paying a low amount, you don't need assets to roleplay and more people need to understand that.

Yeah,  but when you see other niggas whipping sultans and cheetahs and owning multiple properties you start wondering where they got their stuff from.

Edited by KeeganGDK
  • Haha 1