News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
RockTheBelly

/accent or languages

RockTheBelly

It would be interesting to have accents or languages that you can speak with on the server I know its cliche and all but it would be a nice touch.

Boss

Yeah, I've seen it used a lot in the past and it seems to create more roleplay. Supporting this suggestion.

Philostratos

Useless, no point in this. You can use /me's and /do's.

Edited by Philostratos

Mob Nights

Not supporting, apart from the additional chatlog into the in-character chat, the dialogue of each person would be decreased making it un-suffiecient for players to roleplay on what there saying. thumbs down.

Boss

@Mob Nights - No using the command /accent could produce a result such as this: "[Spanish accent] What are you doing here?". It wouldn't actually allow the players to type out different languages in the chat.

• Like 2

Dropper

It's quite the RPG element, isn't it? Being more sophisticated and using an emote to express your accent would be better in terms of roleplay.

• Thanks 1

Mob Nights
20 minutes ago, Boss said:

@Mob Nights - No using the command /accent could produce a result such as this: "[Spanish accent] What are you doing here?". It wouldn't actually allow the players to type out different languages in the chat.

If that's what you're referring to, might aswell use /me.

Toxic.

Neutral.

Norse

Eh. I never liked the idea of /accent, looks sloppy in screenshots etc and people can use it to put stupid shit like /accent Compton or /accent Arkansas (Which a lot of people tend to do on servers like RCRP where it's a thing.) I think that putting that takes the fun out of you roleplaying how you're speaking such as somebody using a redneck accent can type in a different way to describe how their character sounds, however if you can't pull that off a simple /ame will suffice tbh.

Bill_Marante

Nooooo.

Finch

No thanks, looks too RPG like. Just use /me or /ame for that.

PurpleVase24

I'm fine with the permanent accent script, but I think we can type out [language] on our own without having a script.

RockTheBelly
14 minutes ago, PurpleVase24 said:

I'm fine with the permanent accent script, but I think we can type out [language] on our own without having a script.

Agreed.

Montreal

Noo, this is not fucking 2008, where's the creativity, guys? If you wanna get with the lingo, get with the lingo, hermano. Don do duh RPG nao, hokay?

Edited by Montreal
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

King Enemy

Gangster accent.