Sign in to follow this  
syler

Lumberjack Job - Concept (INPUT NEEDED)

syler    31
syler

NOT MY VIDEO, CREDIT TO Sunehildeep on SA:MP FORUMS!

So I was strolling through the SA:MP forums and came across a filterscript for an idea inspired by 'The Forest' where when you cut down a tree, it falls over and you can pickup logs. I think this'd be an amazing idea for a new job and could possibly be the best job for money as you are required timageproxy.php?img=&key=6b8cee425970e792imageproxy.php?img=&key=6b8cee425970e792o purchase your own Flatbed truck to transport the logs on. You could make the tree's randomly spawn around the south of SF, near Angel Pine and such and players are required to purchase an axe from a 24/7 and can eventually upgrade to a chainsaw (model, doesn't do damage) for faster efficiency and more logs. Depending on your level also should increase the speed it takes to cut down a tree and load it onto your flatbed and also gives you more logs.

Hatchet - 1 log = sells for $75-$125

Chainsaw - 1 log = sells for $95-$145

Level 0-24 = 4 logs per tree, takes 90s to cut down - $300-$500 money (unable to buy chainsaw)

Level 25-49 = 7 logs per tree, takes 75s to cut down - $525-$875 money | Can use chainsaw (Takes 65s to cut-down with chainsaw, $665-$1015)

Level 50-74 = 9 logs per tree, takes 55s to cut down - $675-$1125 money | Can use chainsaw (Takes 45s to cut-down with chainsaw, $855-$1305)

Level 75-99 = 12 logs per tree, takes 30s to cut down - $900-$1500 | Can use chainsaw (Takes 20s to cut-down with chainsaw, $1140-$1740)

Level 100+ = 15 logs per tree, takes 20s to cut down - $1125-$1875 | Can use chainsaw (Takes 15s to cut-down with chainsaw, $1425-$2175)

eb348d47fee56e00603e0888ae0a721b.png

Chainsaw may cost around $15,000 or have a level requirement or something as it does provide quite a bit more profit.

Every time or every second time you cut down a tree and deliver the logs, the players level should increase by one. Due to not knowing the servers economy, pricing may need to be tweaked a little, possibly increased or decreased which is why I want your ideas and input. Thanks for reading :)

• Like 2

thatoneiowan    82
thatoneiowan

Thoughts:

The lumber yard building place thing that's in eastern / northeastern AP would make a great place to acceptjob and buy supplies/tools. Alternatively a smaller depot could be made literally out in the sticks off of one of the dirt paths and the lumber yard in AP could be one of the drop off points

I discussed alternative drop off points in your other thread ref playable area should MGMT decide not to open up the map. Regardless either way I think it would provide a bit of variance / be less mundane for there to be multiple drop off points, either a list to choose from, randomly selected locations, or a mix where you should choose distance (short / medium / far). Pay could vary upon distance in all outcomes. Also not sure why it would be different pay whether using s chainsaw or hatchet, would appreciate explanation on that. I don't think it should be to recoup loss from buying chainsaw, that's what the time bonus would be imo.

Flatbed and DFT-30 are currently both used by DOR. I would be more than willing to reconsider whether to keep DFT-30 or release it, but Flatbed needs to be kept as it is our plow truck / dump truck and would also be our main truck on maintenance (short term) projects that have at least two employees working. Alternatively either DOR or woodcutters could use the army Flatbed but idk if it's possible to disable the siren via script or not. I don't want that liability... Lol.

Idk what they have planned for the trucking job but perhaps offer a couple different vehicle types (van, box truck) and each would hold more or less wood depending on size. 

Not sure why level system would be so stretched out. Potentially could be just levels 1-5 and cut down a proportionate amount of trees? For example from level 1 to 25 in your suggestion it would be 50 trees let's say, alternatively just make it level 1 to 2 by cutting 50 trees. Idk how to word that well hope you understand what I'm trying to say lol.

• Like 1

Rehasher    591
Rehasher

You both have covered everything, this is a great idea and brings more people out to the county.

Accepted.

Giga    377
Giga

Implemented.

Sign in to follow this