News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sunglass

Map icons for businesses, dealerships, etc

Sunglass

I think having icons to help get a general idea of where places such as the PD are would be useful, or at least a tutorial for new players outlining where things are as looking for places such as the bank is a little tricky

Akiba

Icons that are constantly there is an eyesore. What would be better is if you use your phone or a newspaper to find a business and it marks it on the map.

BYLUG

I agree to some extent. Major locations, such as the bank, should have an icon. Additionally, it would be helpful to have icons for condos, apartment complexes, and other rent-able residences which may not be so clear. However, the icons should not be at every location because that would just make everything annoying to see. 

Danny

I don't agree with the PD icon idea, it gives a RPG-ish look imo. Just for the bank and apartment complexes, maybe other major businesses like news station.

Glenson

Better off with a GPS system I think to not get forced upon as stated above, or just limit the icons to a bank maybe and/or other important fundamental buildings/locations.

Mikee

Why don't we implement something like a GPS on the phone that shows business and other things?

Sonny
On 10/04/2018 at 1:29 PM, Akiba said:

Icons that are constantly there is an eyesore. What would be better is if you use your phone or a newspaper to find a business and it marks it on the map.

Rehasher

Often represents an RPG type server, a detailed GPS service would be better. I mean we have a smartphone, a “near-by app” could be an idea.

• Like 3

crimeson
1 hour ago, Rehasher said:

Often represents an RPG type server, a detailed GPS service would be better. I mean we have a smartphone, a “near-by app” could be an idea.

and u bullied me for saying rcrp has too much script?!?!?! rcrp has those icons sir

Buster

To have icons on the map like that would be RPGish and MG. Everything should be dealt with ICly. If you can't find a certain area then deal with it ICly, an OOC icon to make yourself aware of its location isn't a good idea for it. As what's said above, a GPS system can be in place for this.

Inimene123

I was just trying to say exactly what Rehasher said. GPS system, as the icons make the server look like a pure RPG server.