News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Rareshh2601

Credit Card

Rareshh2601

I suggest that we can pay with a credit  card instead of cash.  That would be better instead of having x dollars în cash and the getting robbed . But we should pay with the credit card only on business . I think this should be in the server , what do you think?

specter1591

I think a debit card would be more useful as it would take the money straight out of your bank account. The credit card system will have some extra things to be scripted but the debit card is simpler and does what you suggested.

Neaksy

Plenty of people have suggested debit cards be added onto the game. Definitely supporting! Tw1ster has suggested this about this and I agree 100%.

On 1/11/2018 at 12:26 AM, tw1ster said:

The main selling point behind the debit card suggested is the realization that we aren't going to be able to carbon-copy the real life system, but we can SA:MPify it. It's a relatively simple suggestion though I don't know how it can be too complicated.

• All players are assigned an account specific debit card to which they can access all their funds regularly. You can see a player's full name and banking account number on their card.
  • Give players the ability to transfer their card to other players (for robbing scenarios ... potential pick pocket RP ... and form of identification ... etc)
  • We impose a withdraw limit from the ATM, which is conveniently our robbing maximum.
  • A victim of robbing could report the robbery to the police as any robbery reporting would go.
  • The criminal has the ability to withdraw the money from an ATM in an (X) hour period (before it is ICly deactivated)
  • Player recieves an automated text (X) hours later, saying their debit card has been seized and a new card has been issued to them.
  • Player drives to pre-determined location/building where they can either type a /debitcard command or go through another process to retrieve it from that place.

Essentially this removes unrealistic cash-on-hand portion of "if the money's on you, you're carrying it." debate because the money is now considered to be in plastic, rather than paper. Which really makes sense considering the time we live in. It's just a suggestion though, probably more of a pipe dream than anything. I just haven't seen a system that I feel properly handles the money on a player.

This would make transactions way more realistic. You could withdraw cash from various ATMs or at a bank in case you need cash for something in particular. People wouldn't need to have millions on them and they could safely keep their money in the bank, if they have their cash that would be their loss for not storing it somewhere safe, and if they have their debit cards stolen, the thieves couldn't withdraw more than a certain amount (like in real-life, it's usually around $500 or $1,000), meaning even if you have millions on your bank account you wouldn't go broke if your card's stolen, or you could call your bank to have your debit card locked and cancelled and you could pick up a new one at the bank.

• Like 1

Boss

Credit cards are a little more work. You have to consider interest rates and making monthly payments. I would suggest debit cards, much simpler and uses your money right away.

Peter

Yeah, a debit card would be a much more simplified version of this idea.

Pontiac

If we were to have credit cards and/or debit cards, you should include the option to give the card to someone else, say a criminal who is taking it off you. However, if you were to buy anything at a store, buy gas from a gas station, or withdraw money from an ATM, you should have to give the PIN number associated with that card, which could be a four digit number selected by the card holder, just like real life. This would prevent people from forming 2-man robbery squads, going around on a PCJ, and taking a bunch of people’s debit cards, and withdrawing cash with all of them and then diching the cards, since they would have to somehow RP’ly gain what their PIN number is in order to use it. If we were to have credit cards, every time there is a payday, you should get a credit card statement in your house mailbox, stating how much you have to pay for your bill. Now, just like real life, people should be encouraged to keep a zero balance, so there should be a “minimum payment required” section, just like real life. What that is is the minimum amount of money you have to pay on your credit card, even if you spent much more than the minimum. If the player chooses to just pay the minimum payment, or less than the total bill is, there should be an interest rate, which adds money on to the amount you owe, which could lead a player to go into debt. This would encourage players to be more savvy about their spending, which would make the game much more realistic, and could even teach them a thing or two about how to deal with money in real life, which could be very good for some people who might not be very responsible about their money. Also, you should only be able to have a credit card if you have a permanent residence so you can get a statement in th mail, which would also force the player to return home every now and then to receive mail and pay the bill. It would also encourage the player to work towards purchasing a home, which could reduce the amount of homeless players. Let’s be honest. The majority of the population in real life are not homeless, and the majority of players in RP servers like LSRP and RCRP are. Using a credit or debit card in real life is much easier than using cash. For example, purchasing gas at a gas station. When you purchase gas or diesel at a gas station in real life, at least in America where I live and where GTA SA is based, using a credit or debit card is as easy as pushing a few buttons, swiping your cards and pumping the gas. Whereas when you pay with cash, you have to go inside the gas station, wait in line, calculate how much money you need to spend to fill your tank based on the current price of gas, count that money out, and then wait for the clerk to turn on the gas pump. Paying with a card is much easier and takes up significantly less time. This is also true when paying at a restaraunt, since you can put the tip on the credit card, (yes, tipping is customary in America for my friends in other countries who don’t know that) and when at a store all you have to do is put your PIN or zip code in depending on if you are using credit or debit, swipe the card and get on with it, rather than having to count out money. Supporting credit and debit cards, but only if PIN numbers are required to make purchases with them, there is a monthly statement with a minimum payment and debt which encourages keeping a zero balance, required permanent address to hold a credit account, an encouragement to work towards a home, and the encouragement of using a credit or debit card rather than cash.

Akiba

Forwarding.