• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
bazzoka

A good Gang Thread and Story

Question

bazzoka

Hello guys, can you tell me how to make a good gang thread and a good story? Thanks a lot guys. Just if u can give me more informations.. i am a beginner.

Edited by bazzoka

10 answers to this question

Felos

Hey Bazzoka,

if you'd like to make a good gang thread and how to form a good topic, I suggest you look up some real-life gangs situated in the United States of America.

For example,>> THIS WEBSITE << can teach you the very basics of how a gang works and operates. However, if you are a beginner I suggest you join a gang and learn from those who have a lot of experience with gang roleplay. Find yourself a person that could set an example and teach you, this will come naturally if you join a gang. 

While I understand making a gang is exciting and fun to do, it's better to start off by learning from experienced people first and make your own gang when you have experience. These gangs, >> WIKI LINK <<, are realistic gangs that are situated in San Francisco. If you want to follow up on a plan of making your own gang, I suggest your reach over these gangs and base yours off of one.

Edited by Samuel_Tsai
  • Like 1

Boss

As Samuel mentioned, it is best if you join a gang first before creating one. Build your foundation there and really understand what it's like to join a gang, how to earn the ranks, and progress. Once you have a lot of experience, you'll understand how to create one.

Best of luck.

Highwire

I would suggest, if you really are set on starting your own, to just get in-game and record all of your progression in a Word document. Take good, relevant screenshots, meet people, have friends join your crew, and create a story out of it, which will then transform into a topic. If you aren't a strong writer, find someone who is to help you make your story enticing and to help format the thread for you. The thread is the least important part of the process: just get in-game and create your story.

Popoy09

As what Highwire and the others stated, it would be great if you make the faction story based on the roleplay events that you and your members had and take screenshots on those events and make a good looking gfx out of it for your thread. Do not rush on making thread for IC events would be more interesting and its originality makes the whole faction appealing.

Xenpai

Join a gang first, and climb up the rank ladder while learning the basics. You need to have some gang experience and leadership skills, and a good idea of how to create a new gang. You need to choose a gang theme that you know how to RP well, then use google to do some research on that kind of gangs and add similar stuff to your gang thread with your own story. A gang story is not necessarily hard, you can just do as above posts; get in-game, start the gang with your IC friends and those who you know while taking screenshots (preferably using Photoshop) and typing all new events, and keep updating your gang thread as your gang gets bigger and better. If you eventually work a lot of the gang and show some excellent RP with your members, more and more people will come to your gang and getting official is not going to be a problem.

Good luck!

Ermetano

To be honest with you, gain knowledge on a certain gang theme that you want to roleplay.

Watch a lot of documentaries, read about it, watch movies etc on it, get the basic idea on how it should run.

Try to imagine something on your own, which seems realistic, and start writing the story.

From then on make sure you roleplay your character well.

Hope i've helped anyhow.

• Like 1

PaC.

Different gangs will act differently depending on the server. Since this is a hardcore RP servers, gangs here will act just as people would act In Real Life. With that being said, I'd suggest you watch some movies or documentaries if you're completely new to gangs and gang roleplay. Getting a basic understanding of how gangs work and how people act within gangs will help you develop your character and just as the players above me said, one day you will be able to create your own. 

When it comes to the thread itself, graphics aren't necessary however they can be used in order to portray a specific environment or setting that you would like to showcase your viewers. When writing the story, try to be as natural as you can, don't exaggerate because everything start off small. It's better writing a small story but believable instead of writing this dragged story about how you and your friends robbed three banks in one day and killed twenty police officers. 

Alpay

You could always watch documentarties or videos regarding gangs if you're not familiar with that type of roleplay.

Always be realistic, creative and original with what you do and how you do it.

Mikee

Hi there @bazzoka ,

it is important, above all, to know how a gang operates, its origins and the reasons for which it was born. It is necessary to know the customs that every gang has because it will help you a lot in the roleplay. 

There are endless ways to document you: you can read articles on the internet, watch documentaries and watch movies. 

I am attaching some links that may be useful:

I hope I have been helpful!

Giga

Closed.