News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Jondetti

Safety Measures

Jondetti

So, once the server opens it will be crazy considering our playerbase. My suggestion is to create different world for things like driver's license test. I am not sure if this is already a thing or not. This would avoid people climbing each over's heads and on accident smashing each other's DMV cars making it near impossible to pass the test. Please consider the amount of people logging in and as the first beta test has shown it will be madness.

• Like 3

Blackburn

I agree, + from me, well thought

Boss

I would agree to this suggestion if things are really starting to get out of hand. For now, I think it should be kept in the same world because part of the challenge is completing it with traffic in the area. However, if this doesn't seem to work by too many people failing because others crash into them, etc. then I would agree with your suggestion.

Who knows how the system will be. Maybe it is already in a different world, maybe it's not. 

• Like 2

Don Delgado

Agreed. I hope they are going to be well prepared for such situations. 

mikethemike
On 2/23/2018 at 2:37 PM, Jondetti said:

So, once the server opens it will be crazy considering our playerbase. My suggestion is to create different world for things like driver's license test. I am not sure if this is already a thing or not. This would avoid people climbing each over's heads and on accident smashing each other's DMV cars making it near impossible to pass the test. Please consider the amount of people logging in and as the first beta test has shown it will be madness.

Putting someone into a different world just opens an opportunity to abuse. A better idea would simply be to have the DMV test be done within an interior. Considering the server hasn't launched yet I'd hardly call this an issue - there may be plans already in-place to prevent this from happening already.

Jondetti
12 minutes ago, mikethemike said:

Putting someone into a different world just opens an opportunity to abuse. A better idea would simply be to have the DMV test be done within an interior. Considering the server hasn't launched yet I'd hardly call this an issue - there may be plans already in-place to prevent this from happening already.

It does not matter what would be put into place, most important thing is that the madness wouldn't be a thing.

Ermetano

Nice idea.

• Like 1

Lockhart

I actually really like this idea. Does anybody remember the taxi test on LSRP which made you go to a checkpoint at Idlewood and there was a car parked there 95% of the time?

Another alternative would be to allow more damage to occur towards DMV vehicles before failing. 

I personally haven't seen the tests yet but once I do Ill probably have more to say on the matter.

WonderPlukkie

Give everyone an M4, a kevlar helmet, and vest, and just wait. The problem will solve itself.

• Haha 1

Jondetti

RCRP has the DMV test in a different interior/world. Works for them, would work for us.

• Like 1

Guest kane

Not necessary and no real reason for having it. I'd prefer if things were done in a real virtual world. 

Sign in to follow this