News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Naybors

Social Media Platform

Naybors

Having a social media platform will bring more roleplay to the server, more opportunities to connect with people all around San Fierro. I've seen this on another server and it worked it great. Would like to see the same here.

• Like 2

Singh

It would be nice.

• Like 3

FroxZ

Sounds really good but there are some disadvantages. For example people showing off illegal products such as illegal firearms and serious drugs such as Cocaine. I do want to see this on the server but I think that they are going to be people who will write "Let's get stoned" and post an image of meth and their face for example.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Rareshh2601

+1 I saw that on another server and it will be so cool. I think this should be implemented on this server 100%

Edited by Rareshh2601

Don Delgado

I am not only supporting this, but I am also adding that this is a MUSS. Roleplaying the new 2018 "era" needs social media around. I would also let people create those and make a business out of it. 

• Like 1

Naybors
38 minutes ago, FroxZ said:

Sounds really good but there are some disadvantages. For example people showing off illegal products such as illegal firearms and serious drugs such as Cocaine. I do want to see this on the server but I think that they are going to be people who will write "Let's get stoned" and post an image of meth and their face for example.

It's social media, it can be monitored by the SFPD in real life, people do this and go down for it as IPs are traced, etc. I wouldn't think people would do this for the fact that freedom is key, you wouldn't do that in real life hope people wouldn't do it on this.

23 minutes ago, Don Delgado said:

I am not only supporting this, but I am also adding that this is a MUSS. Roleplaying the new 2018 "era" needs social media around. I would also let people create those and make a business out of it. 

👆

Edited by Fruit Town Menace

FroxZ

And get their ass tracked down. Honestly people who that are either retarded or they really want to get in jail. I understand to show a joint two... it's okay and it won't be a big deal. But if you post cocaine or for example an illegal firearm then this shit is not okay. Since it would give a bad image on the server (in my opinion.)

Queen

I loved it on another server, it just gave me something to do when I was bored. Would be good, but definitely not a priority and probably wouldn't be implemented, if accepted, for a while.

Boss

I agree with your suggestion, but can you give a little more detail about the actual social media platform itself? Do you want it to be separated from forums or be included as a section?

Mikee

I'd love it! It would be nice something like that (I did it with Keynote)

b7f4f8a1837c27e4379a1fc00ca18170.png&key

Naybors
9 minutes ago, Boss said:

I agree with your suggestion, but can you give a little more detail about the actual social media platform itself? Do you want it to be separated from forums or be included as a section?

Well it doesn't matter it'll be very useful if it was included as a section as people could click on it to get to it. 

Boss

You want the social media platform to be apart of the forums as a section? That's an option, but I much rather prefer it to be on a different platform because it adds so much more realism and different usability options. That would be something the forum cannot do.

I've seen this idea succeed in the past and I'm all for it.

• Like 1

Neaksy

It'd be very nice to have one, it would boost mostly civilian roleplay but any kind of roleplay as well really. I think a mix of both Facebook and Twitter would be the ideal IC social media. People add others as friends to follow their feed mainly, not because they actually know each other IRL so it'd make more sense if it was just some sort of follow button. It could keep the personal information fields and private messaging inspired from Facebook, and the repost/retweet feature from Twitter. I see this useful for business advertising, news reporting and so on.

• Like 2

Rareshh2601

1 hour ago, Boss said:

You want the social media platform to be apart of the forums as a section? That's an option, but I much rather prefer it to be on a different platform because it adds so much more realism and different usability options. That would be something the forum cannot do.

I've seen this idea succeed in the past and I'm all for it.

You are so right

doggy bada$$
2 hours ago, FroxZ said:

Coming off what FroxZ here said, I whole-heartedly agree, but we must make sure there's some actual moderation in place for the website to avoid it from getting too far-fetched from role-play. Otherwise, it's a great addition to civilian RP, as others have said.

• Like 2