News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Turtleneck

Money Carrying Restrictions

Turtleneck

Not sure if this has been suggested but we really ought to start restricting individuals on how much money they can carry on their person.

On most other servers you can hold any amount of money on your person, which incentivised people to do so as they could avoid tax and simply use as much money as they wanted, wherever they wanted. It really stunted the authenticity of your character as he could just pull four hundred thousand dollars out of his pocket for an apartment as if it were nothing.

My suggestion would be to limit this amount to a specified number. (You can increase this number by utilising bags, briefcases, suitcases, etc.) This would instead promote the use of banks and stop individuals hoarding money on their persons, allowing more money to be fed back into the server through taxes and providing more avenues for criminals to launder and evade tax in a more elaborate manner. You could stuff money underneath your mattress for example, or launder your money through a business.

This idea would be further heightened if you were to say, include debit and credit cards on the server as it would give another method for players to be linked to the central bank in San Fierro but obviously that would probably require a lot of work and should be seen as more of a long term solution to this problem. ATMs would also be a decent solution too.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem right that the only reason people ran into the bank was to pick up their paycheck.

Edited by Turtleneck
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Danny

I totally support this idea, i'm also annoyed by people only running into the bank to collect a paycheck. But what if someone decides to hide money stacks under his clothing? strapping them behind the belt for example, i think this should be another option for someone to increase the money one can carry. 

• Like 1

Dopli

Yeah, this should be restricted as the main reason for people to keep money on them were savings.

Edited by Dopli

K-9

There's nothing more I'd like to add other than the fact that I totally support your idea.

dopeman

I never considered this money carry ing problem, now that I think about it, it's a really good idea, I'm down with this.

20gauge
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

I totally support this idea, i'm also annoyed by people only running into the bank to collect a paycheck. But what if someone decides to hide money stacks under his clothing? strapping them behind the belt for example, i think this should be another option for someone to increase the money one can carry. 

Turtleneck
26 minutes ago, Danny said:

For sure. We could have a threshold of — for argument's sake — x dollars but you can go up to y if you hide money in your waistband or whatever. If a cop searches you and finds you are hiding money or carrying money over the legal threshold, you could face charges.

No idea about the exact figures but going for something to that extent is definitely workable.

Edited by Turtleneck
  • Like 1

beam

This is a good suggestion, hope this gets further looked into.

Patrick_Delisanti

I like the idea, but at the same time I don't. I'm all for the immersion and realism updates but we can't get too too realistic and forget this is a game. Not only that, what about the guys who don't use the bank for their money? Not everyone uses the bank to stash cash in real life. Especially criminals, they store it else where. Those guys would be forced to put money in their bank account because of the script.

If the development team don't mind making sure that it's fair and not forcing players to go one way, then I don't see why this shouldn't be added. Banks should be used more often, yeah. But then they'll have to add more storage spots for people who don't want to put all of their cash in the bank. Mattresses (like Turtleneck stated), refrigerators, and walls or whatever would definitely fix that.

What about a cmdspot option for a certain amount of cash? Kind of like the weapon storage system, where you can place guns, drugs and melees in houses/cars.

Example:

/cmdspot

/depositcash (amount)

"You can deposit up to $100,000 (random figure) in this spot."

Could even add a feature for donators too. Donators get multiple cash cmdspots, it's just an idea anyway. I hope to see some other opinions on this, good post.

• Like 1

Turtleneck
1 minute ago, Patrick_Delisanti said:

I like the idea, but at the same time I don't. I'm all for the immersion and realism updates but we can't get too too realistic and forget this is a game. Not only that, what about the guys who don't use the bank for their money? Not everyone uses the bank to stash cash in real life. Especially criminals, they store it else where. Those guys would be forced to put money in their bank account because of the script.

If the development team don't mind making sure that it's fair and not forcing players to go one way, then I don't see why this shouldn't be added. Banks should be used more often, yeah. But then they'll have to add more storage spots for people who don't want to put all of their cash in the bank. Mattresses (like Turtleneck stated), refrigerators, and walls or whatever would definitely fix that.

What about a cmdspot option for a certain amount of cash? Kind of like the weapon storage system, where you can place guns, drugs and melees in houses/cars.

Example:

/cmdspot

/depositcash (amount)

"You can deposit up to $100,000 (random figure) in this spot."

Could even add a feature for donators too. Donators get multiple cash cmdspots, it's just an idea anyway. I hope to see some other opinions on this, good post.

Oh for sure, I didn't intend to make the suggestion because of realism anyway. Most of it was to stop individuals from hoarding their money tax-free; even those who weren't criminals were abusing it. It destabilises economies and leads to extreme inflation because there is money going out of the server but not going back in.

Good idea with the command spots as well. That's where I was going when I mentioned the mattresses.

Criminals will have to be craftier, which I don't think is a bad thing.

TRAMP 57

Supporting this. It also depends on the economy on this server how it is so till opening day we will find out.

Morrel

Supporting this, I also believe people should be able to deposit/store their cash in houses aswell, maybe in lockers and safes too.

specter1591
5 hours ago, Turtleneck said:

For sure. We could have a threshold of — for argument's sake — x dollars but you can go up to y if you hide money in your waistband or whatever. If a cop searches you and finds you are hiding money or carrying money over the legal threshold, you could face charges.

No idea about the exact figures but going for something to that extent is definitely workable.

I don't think there should be legal charges for carrying an "excess" of money. However, this system would promote putting your money in a bank account or in your home rather than on your person. If a Police Officer comes across someone with 200k hidden on a person they would suspect a crime occurred rather than saying "Wow you have alot of money on you! Must be putting money through savings, aren't you? Haha!"

Turtleneck
4 minutes ago, specter1591 said:

I don't think there should be legal charges for carrying an "excess" of money. However, this system would promote putting your money in a bank account or in your home rather than on your person. If a Police Officer comes across someone with 200k hidden on a person they would suspect a crime occurred rather than saying "Wow you have alot of money on you! Must be putting money through savings, aren't you? Haha!"

You'd have to have legal evidence as to where that money came from and where it's going; a valid reason too.

If you have a substantial amount of cash on you, they have reason to take you in for questioning and to begin an investigation if your reasoning doesn't add up. The only thing they can't do is charge you for anything just because you have the cash on you. That's where I was getting at.

• Like 1

babyfacedhustlermarz

Agree with this idea 100%

Sign in to follow this