• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Akiba

Strawman Feedback

Akiba

Discuss the documentation here.

Crawler

I think that this shouldn't be available for everyone, imagine 40-50 people having this job.

• Like 1

Florida

I think the server start will have more people processed on felony weapon distribution charges than traffic tickets, but long term it's a great idea and promotes competition.

• Like 1

Akiba

That's competition, out of those 50 probably 80% will end up arrested and lose the job anyway.

Bishop

Definitely not everyone, yeah. Make it a limit of people who get accepted, I know you can't really determine who's a good roleplayer or not due to the new server opening but it has to be limited or else the server will flood.

Blackburn

It's stupid that players can buy those weapons but can't carry them. It just doesn't portray reality of legal firearms possesion. If purchasing a weapon is legal then it's not logical to forbbid carrying  one. Also now everyone will have a gun and illegal organisations will have less profits and interactions with players who will satisfy their needs by purchasing small caliber ones.

Edited by Blackburn

Florida

Make sure the penal code has the appropriate charges for all the elements of the strawman system.

TRAMP 57

I just feel like the only thing is that people should apply to it and it should be a max of 35 strawmen on the server. Whenever 5 or more strawmen get arrested or whatever feel like apps should open again. Idk this is both beneficial but at the same time has cons. So I'm kind of in the middle of this ATM

• Like 1

Gang Mentality

Good introduction to the server, great idea though in my opinion I do think more hours should be required to get this job.

K-9

The feature is not in yet, so it's highly unlikely that we'll see it at launch. At first glance, it seems to be user-friendly and well-planned, but I'm not giving a thorough opinion unless I see someone trying it.

Edited by Daniel_Faraci

Akiba
26 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Definitely not everyone, yeah. Make it a limit of people who get accepted, I know you can't really determine who's a good roleplayer or not due to the new server opening but it has to be limited or else the server will flood.

No limit on the job.

Mikee
20 minutes ago, Gang Mentality said:

Good introduction to the server, great idea though in my opinion I do think more hours should be required to get this job.

I agree with you man.

sick

The server will be flooded with weapons.

I think there should be people applying for this job, that way it's easier to control the weapon market in the server by the Faction Management.

• Like 1

Pitchounette
35 minutes ago, TRAMP 57 said:

I just feel like the only thing is that people should apply to it and it should be a max of 35 strawmen on the server. Whenever 5 or more strawmen get arrested or whatever feel like apps should open again. Idk this is both beneficial but at the same time has cons. So I'm kind of in the middle of this ATM

Why do that manually when it can cycle through on it's own automatically. Once you are arrested or have criminal records put under your name, you lose the job automatically and will not be able to get them back.

39 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

It's stupid that players can buy those weapons but can't carry them. It just doesn't portray reality of legal firearms possesion. If purchasing a weapon is legal then it's not logical to forbbid carrying  one. Also now everyone will have a gun and illegal organisations will have less profits and interactions with players who will satisfy their needs by purchasing small caliber ones.

This job only replaces the ability to legally purchase, license to carry will be handled by the SFPD through applications/registrations etc. Alternatively, there is the illegal ways of things. Profits should be gained through better business consideration, not handed freely through monopolization of the firearms trade.

37 minutes ago, Gang Mentality said:

Thank you. The hours is intended to ensure that at the very least, people have grasp on the server rules and how to roleplay properly so that they have more chance to keep the job rather than losing them for the various reason.

13 minutes ago, sick said:

The server will be flooded with weapons.

I think there should be people applying for this job, that way it's easier to control the weapon market in the server by the Faction Management.

Players should worry more about not getting arrested than getting their hands on firearms. Further than that, natural selection will take place. I know a whole lot about stockpiling issue in the past as well, I'll try to make sure that it won't be an issue here.

Akiba
50 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

Legal firearms possession doesn't work the way you think it does. You can buy the weapon and you have to store it inside your vehicle under lock and key and go straight home. If you go anywhere else that's it. It even has to stay locked inside your house, even if someone breaks in you have to unlock it and grab it.