syler

[LEGAL FACS] Cool MDC system - Textdraws

syler    31
syler

Everyones sick of the old dialog box MDC system and quite a few servers have began to adopt the usage of textdraws for a more slick and professional design. I've come up of a few images and examples of an MDC for specifically the FIRE DEPARTMENT, however I may make one for other factions also. Let me know what you guys think and obviously this wont be added on release I doubt and I have no idea if they are currently making an MDC system like this..

Login Screen:

cbb7c3e4e4ec5537517d1233a2d94b11.png

Pretty self explanatory however I think it'd be a good feature as it may allow for people to possibly steal health records by taking hostage medics or other hospital staff and even allow criminals to prescribe themselves drugs. Possibly only give /mdc access to non-faction employees and they are greeted with a screen like this however they must be un-cuffed and in the front passenger seat to prevent power-gaming. Each login should be stored OOCly by Admins and ICly can be looked at high-command. To prevent abuse, keep a watch over whom actually logged in using someone elses details by storing the criminals name in the OOC database also.

Please give some feedback on this suggestion, I think it could lead to some good RP for both the criminals, medics and law-enforcement. Passwords should be settable when players join the faction and they use /mdc for the /first/ time and should be able to be reset by high-command incase of losses, after it's reset they can then use /mdc again and are asked to set their password.

Main Menu:

image.png.640e61e1fb0053a41d6f14fc1bde3dca.png

Once more, pretty self explanatory. Easy access to separate parts of the MDC and gives information about the person's MDC account, badge number should be settable by high-command in-game via /setbadge or something and stored on the MDC. The image should be the persons current skin, whether it be off or on duty and each button should be interactable. More in to that in a second but yeah, this is pretty basic.

Active / Past Prescriptions

image.png.2177cf0801c5aaa5533fcd08e0d6be30.png

Possibly this could only store a certain amount of logs before being archived maybe every 72 hours or something or you could have multiple pages to allow seamless searching. Also a search option could be added at the top that opens a dialog allowing you to search for a patients name. This would be useful if the Police asked if John_Doe has a valid prescription for Morphine or whatever and it'd also contain how MUCH they were prescribed to be more accurate and precise. Once again, this page definitely would need some polishing but I think it's heading in the right direction.

Prescribe a Patient

No picture to represent what I thought it'd be, but I assume it to be ALL dialog box based just around six different dialogs one after the other to fill out the information needed before it being stored on the patients Health Records and the Active / Past Prescriptions page, this takes me onto my fourth page however..

Health Records

image.png.ac6b965b895be1d304f18625431eac39.png

Simple information, lists all prescriptions to the persons name and could have multiple pages if needed. /All/ people that enter the hospital should have a record created on them by the faction member whom is in the hospital with them and should collect data like normal, storing this helps the FD keep track of who goes in and out of the hospital, uses their facilities and much more like this. It could also be useful to the Police in investigations and such.

Once again, more things could be added / removed but I think you get the picture.

Log a Patient

12a29294a59da975456d615e344255ef.png

Once more, everyone that enters the hospital that uses the facilities or receives a prescription should be logged, this creates more RP and allows people to get a real feel of a real life hospital as almost everything is logged in their. The outcome could also be death or such to log when a character dies which once again can be helpful for Police investigations / warrants and this also helps the Fire Department have more knowledge over what goes on inside the hospital and things such as that. Once more, I think the dialog asking for the skin ID should also be used, as people can then RPly change clothes and others things like that instead of it constantly just updating based on their skin. When you log a patient, the DIALOG ASKING FOR SKIN ID should change the skin image on the Health Records part everything the patient is logged with a different skin. 

Roster

c9a8fc637e2c9fe880ae97aedda412bb.png

Pretty self-explanatory, new commands should be added for this and allows people to roleplay as dispatchers whom can be aware of every paramedic/fire fighter at all times and are aware of their where-abouts. Also good for high-command to keep track and assure everyone is doing as they should.. If needed, add multiple pages.

Thanks for reading guys, please leave replies as criticism is highly welcome and I know it's not perfect but it's just something to work with. Once again I have no idea if Rehasher and the development team already have a plan for MDCs but I hope this can inspire them somehow :) Ignore the fonts and stuff, it's just examples and not meant to be a 'final product' in anyway.

• Like 3

Bunting    44
Bunting

Holy fucking shit, this is awesome and something that I haven't actually seen before, i'd love this to be added in, PREASE! @Rehasher

• Like 2

Halycen    104
Halycen

Mm that's shiny.

• Like 2

Hercules    8
Hercules

This is interesting, unique too -- I'd love to see this implemented.

• Like 2

aristoffky    15
aristoffky

noice, this should def be IG

• Like 2

josef    44
josef

You put a hell of a lot of effort into creating that, which I admire.

Hmm. I've seen it work before. Why not.

• Like 2

Alex Wooden    9
Alex Wooden

I. Love. It.

Bumping.

specter1591    13
specter1591

I definitely am hoping for a good MDC. Rehasher is probably in contact with factions leaders to iron out the requirements for such a system. A visually appealing MDC definitely makes people want to come around and experience it themselves.

Felos    13
Felos

If passwords get added, PLEASE MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN NOT USE THEIR ACCOUNT PASSWORD.

If people get kidnapped and forced to give their password, let's at least make sure they won't give their account away..

I do hope we get some shiny MDC to ensure my eyes still work after a few hours of issuing tickets and charges.

Edited by Samuel_Tsai

Neaksy    212
Neaksy

This looks good.

2 minutes ago, Samuel_Tsai said:

If passwords get added, PLEASE MAKE SURE PEOPLE CAN NOT USE THEIR ACCOUNT PASSWORD.

If people get kidnapped and forced to give their password, let's at least make sure they won't give their account away..

I do hope we get some shiny MDC to ensure my eyes still work after a few hours of issuing tickets and charges.

To make sure this doesn't happen, passwords should be randomly generated and given by high-ranked legal faction members rather than the player's choice.

Alex Wooden    9
Alex Wooden

BlueBaron    19
BlueBaron

I suggested this idea to Rehasher a while ago, to use the new SA-MP 0.3.8 features in order to implement custom textures as textdraws for more sleek and modern gui's. I'd love to see this in-game though, well done.

cBull    114
cBull
On 12/30/2017 at 12:12 PM, anijr said:

not everyone has time to write out 2939 word app and answer stupid and pointless questions which 'newbies' can just google the answers to lol

ɢᴀᴜᴅʏ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴋɪᴅᴅᴏ    158
ɢᴀᴜᴅʏ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴋɪᴅᴅᴏ

colossal big Support

mike2raw    32
mike2raw

That’s tough ! 

Looks like it’d take up a big part of the screen though.

stupid question: you have any pics of it in game ?