News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
sick

Disallow hitman factions

sick

Hitman factions shouldn't be a thing on this community.

They're poorly roleplayed most of the time and generally a bad thing to have on a server.

There are two currently two on the server I believe.

https://forum.bayarearoleplay.com/topic/2382-the-gladios-project/

https://forum.bayarearoleplay.com/topic/392-the-syndicate/

Edited by sick
  • Like 1

Morrel

Well @sick suggestion as your username XD

Templar

yes my agent 47

Guest kane

Curious where this is coming from, "They're poorly roleplayed most of the time and generally a bad thing to have on a server".

Personally, I think hitman factions would be great if it were brilliantly executed. I don't see the point in disallowing an entire concept based on your past server experiences.

Bospy

My personal opinion is that "hit-men" should only be permitted to exist in illegal official factions as a sort of avenue for profit. That way you have greasy drug runners who do hits for money on occasion. 

• Like 1

Danny

They shouldn't be disallowed. If they shoot someone on sight it doesn't mean their activities are poorly role-played, for example if someone wanted you dead for good reasons but it would be too risky for them to kill you themselves, they would just hire a hitman to do it and that's the part that in which most of the RP takes place.

If you get shot by someone you don't know, ask if he's a hitman and what are the reasons for killing you (OOC'ly) to make sure they're not breaking the rules.

Turtle

This ain't NGRP, Hitman shouldn't be a faction, if it' should be word of mouth within the community, half of the community shouldn't even know it exists icly and oocly. There certainly shouldn't be a faction thread on it if we are gonna have hitman on hte server.  Scrap both those groups because they've basically outed themselves oocly.

Edited by Turtle
  • Like 1

Simeon

Not a fan of hitman factions, but I think contract killing should be allowed. Otherwise people are going to find loopholes to do it such as not receiving any payment, doing it as a favor, or taking a payment for something else (killing people is fun role play for a lot of players). All that in return would make the scenario more crippled and absurd. Following that line of thought, if you disallow hitman factions, players are going to find loopholes to do them. Like, if those two threads you linked were changed to be generic crime groups, or involve a second activity, they won't be solely hitman factions anymore, but those players can still focus on hitman activities as their main thing. Will that change much? I don't think so. They'll still do their hitman thing, you'll still have a group of hitmen, and their "poor" role play will still be the same. It'll only be a cosmetic change. That's why if you want an actual change in this regard - you need to disallow hitman role play as a whole (not just factions). Or you can allow it. I'd personally prefer if we allow it.

Naybors
59 minutes ago, kane said:

Curious where this is coming from, "They're poorly roleplayed most of the time and generally a bad thing to have on a server".

Personally, I think hitman factions would be great if it were brilliantly executed. I don't see the point in disallowing an entire concept based on your past server experiences.

Don Delgado

It doesn't matters what kind of roleplay it is, as long as the players know how to roleplay it. There are tons of possibilities to roleplay just one scene, so therefore not the faction itself is a problem, but the players. 

muerte

i can agree on not allowing hitman factions. people will meta-game you being one, breaking the whole point of it.

TRAMP 57

Hitman factions just attract the death matchers who are banned on other servers. I also agree that these type of factions should not be allowed.

FroxZ

Hitmam is usually an indicidual but I dont see a reason to remove something new. If it turns to shit remove it. If it does not then keep it. Dont make sharp and blind decisions.

Jesus

That's my aim in BARP, to be a hitmans :D

Pitchounette

If and when these type of factions exhibit rule-breaking behavior, it will then be dealt with separately. If that's not something you are interested in engaging with, just let them be.

Send me a PM for any further concern regarding this.