News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Lei

A few things to consider before launch...

Lei

There's plenty of debate on how roleplaying a certain way, whether it be ethnicity, culture, theme or whatever, is wrong in San Fierro.

You can't ridicule players for promoting a type of roleplay that doesn't make sense to you and your personal status quo.

There is no status quo, not yet at least, perhaps one day?

Montreal said it best on discord earlier, we create our own lore here, us.

The server won't do it for us.

It's absolutely fine to encourage new, innovative ways to roleplay, given the change in city for almost everyone. Why not? We all want that fresh start.

But don't put certain types of roleplay into a box and define it as only that. Don't be so narrow minded when it comes to roleplay.

A gang isn't always mindless, shirtless and mouthy individuals who openly throw up their set given any opportunity.

A gang could compose of six low-key individuals who work nine-to-five-jobs, but at night run a cocaine produce out their own home.

And quit trying to create a complete pin point replica of San Francisco. Yeah, sure, Rockstar created obvious similarities and even replicas of their own to depict San Francisco, we all know what San Fierro was meant to be. But when it comes down to it, we're not playing real-life-simulator, San Francisco edition, no.

We're creating the city ourselves from the ground up. 

There will be people who's characters are heavily influenced by San Francisco's culture, themes, and lifestyle. But it's the same for the opposing. There's also gonna be people who decide to roleplay characters that aren't so San Francisco-ish. 

You can't ridicule those who aren't interested in following your personal status quo. 

Topics like these are more than likely to spark debate, obviously.

But I'd rather everyone just back the idea that this is a fresh start, and it's up to us, the playerbase, to conjure up our own definition of San Fierro.

Edited by Lei
  • Like 4

Ermetano

I also prefer this, make your own thing whether it will work or not.

Uniqueness is good.

• Like 1

Mackrel

wow nice topic lei

Finch

Absolutely. It’s going to be great to create a player influenced lore.

Naybors
6 hours ago, Ermetano said:

I also prefer this, make your own thing whether it will work or not.

Uniqueness is good.

Lockhart

I wish everyone used this logic. You're spot on.

• Like 1

Pitchounette

Myself, along with a few help, are already going to be continuously writing our own lore that will be influenced by the factions ingame in real time, by the way. Not based on faction thread or story. I am very much open to any addition to this, hit me up, we'll talk!

• Like 2

tjofi

Players should definitely be entitled to unique roleplay as long as it suits the rules

Montreal

I considered bringing back an old trend from MTA and get started on wikis for this specific purpose, it's really easy to create your own page for whatever and share with your faction to keep following history, IC events and even create character pages, whatever. Anyone can edit and do whatever. I got started on mine for Chinatown, it's really basic and only a few pages right now, but I plan to extend over time.
This way when factions die, the history still remains and future factions who roleplay related to that faction or in similar areas can incorporate that into their roleplay and so on. It's a really awesome addition and makes roleplay more tangible instead of just a passing thing.

Here's an example: http://chinatown-san-fierro.wikia.com/wiki/Chinatown,_San_Fierro_Wiki

You can create your own wiki here (http://www.wikia.com/Special:CreateNewWiki) and sub-pages for it. You also have to register on the wikia site to do that.

Edited by Montreal
  • Like 2

Montreal
6 minutes ago, Justitia said:

Or we could have our own wiki site (http://wiki.bayarearoleplay.com or something). For example, I own https://www.modelusgov.us/, so I could perhaps start one up for BA:RP, or just speak to @Rehasher about getting one sorted. Good idea!

Yeah, that's what I thought years back, but it's just in the past staff hasn't really gotten involved in all that and usually had a more passive standpoint when it comes to shit like that and let the players do their own thing sort of. I was surprised it was never that popular in LS-RP for some reason. Despite the fact that there was an unofficial LS-RP wikia it never got a lot of attention. I don't know the current server staff's position on this, though, maybe it will be different.

Edited by Montreal
  • Like 1