News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Timid

Forum themes

Timid

Not sure if it's just me but I find there to be too much going on with the current forum theme. I feel that the default theme is too bright and even with the dark theme that took me a hell of a long time to find because it's at the bottom of the page and not under account settings the forum is still hard to look at and has too much going on. I feel there's a lot of unnecessary features on the index page, i.e. donation box, topics, popular contributors, and all online in the last 24 hours. There's a tab for donations on the top of the page so I don't see why a donation box is needed there. Recent posts are already shown so I don't see why the topics that have been recently posted on need to be shown. I view the popular contributors feature as redundant. There's no reason to have that all the way down there when there's a tab for the leaderboard at the top of the page. As for the users online in the past 24 hours, it's very redundant. No real need to show who's been online in the past 24 hours. Who's online is all that matters. Something else I noticed was a few subforums being unnecessarily shown on the front page, i.e. archives. The character stories forum has its archive showing. Same for the faction forum. Not sure if it's just me either but I feel like showing all 5 subforums in the suggestions forum is unnecessary and adds too much to the front page. Simple things like this make the forums look a lot better in my opinion. 

Alongside that, I feel it'd be nice if a few more forum themes were to be added. I'm not sure if it'd be possible from a development standpoint but possibly a forum theme that's a simpler version of the default theme, taking out some of the unnecessary features detailed above while keeping the same general theme. With that possibly an 'old school' theme similar to a phpBB forum. 

Just a few general thoughts to make the forum easier to look at. 

Blackburn

I don't agree. Forum hierarchy is great and well thought of, I like it this way + the forums give us more possibilities than any other I've seen, like unread content by topics we've posted in, etc etc, it's just great as it is.

Boss

I think this forum is fine as is. I don't see a problem with the positioning of the "extra" features. They are just there, you don't have to use them and they don't make the navigating through the forums difficult. 

I don't see a problem with how the forum is currently laid out or the features. Seems fine to me.

• Like 1