Jump to content
News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Seanny

Disgusting RP rule is vague.

Recommended Posts

Seanny

I feel the Disgusting RP rule is very vague when it comes to "Sexual Harassment"


Rule in question

 

Sexual Harassment should to be honest explained a bit more to tell us what is and is not allowed w/o permission.

Like, for example if I were to should "Ayo gurl, lemme tap dat ass" icly, should I require permission or is that okay?

I understand that actually touching someone sexually w/o consent is not okay, I have no issues there, but what about saying lewd comments?

 

/discuss

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lockhart

The rule in question is the following:

 

Any disturbing roleplay requires permission OOC permission from all parties involved and must be held in a private area. All participants have the option to abandon the roleplay immediately at any time they want, regardless of prior agreements.
 Rape 
▬ Cannibalism
 Necrophilia
 Dismemberment
 Sexual harassment

 

I think the first 4 points are pretty much a given but the last point could have further clarifiation as mentioned. However I do at the same time believe that its the player's responsibility to ensure roleplay is kept relatively PG unless explicit consent is gained for it to go any further. For me, your example would be OK as long as it stopped at that 'one off' comment without too much detail. Harassment would typically be several comments, and taking things a bit too far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Norse

Dude can you not put it together? it's sexual harassment, example: Slapping your nigga's cheeks - eating your dogs ass w/o perms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neaksy

Yeah I definitely agree with this. There are two things that really bother me about the rules. Server Rule 10 is way too vague. I think making sexual harassment disgusting roleplay is way too much. On LS-RP, I've seen admins consider touching someone's ass or hips as disgusting roleplay or even simply saying perverse things. I don't see how that's too much, it's not like they're actually roleplaying raping the person. You can already say the most offensive things to people like insults, or describing them in detail how you would kill them, and that isn't considered disgusting roleplay, you could provoke and fight somebody to death and that's okay, but saying nasty things or touching them once the wrong way isn't allowed? We need to differentiate actual sexual aggression, rape and sexual harassment. Sexual harassment nowadays is being used to literally mean anything

 

The other, I've already been vocal about this but it's the hate group faction rule. Factions can't "revolve around racism." I've been told by admins that peaceful white nationalist activists putting up posters as a recruitment method and following the law is already too far. PEN1 according to this rule wouldn't slide either. I think this is way too much. Sure, Bay Area is a very liberal and "diverse" region, but there are groups there, the most recent activism was by Identity Europa these last few weeks. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center hate map, there is a Ku Klux Klan branch in San Francisco, as well as other alt-right or radical groups in the Bay Area region. I don't think it's fair to prohibit "racist faction" because of the liberal nature of the region, because it is more frequent for radical groups to establish in more diverse areas. It's also unfair because street gangs do much worse things than being racist and they're allowed. DMing is already against the rules. Disallowing racist factions limits roleplay.

Edited by Neaksy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bospy
On 2/18/2018 at 5:33 PM, Neaksy said:

On LS-RP, I've seen admins consider touching someone's ass or hips as disgusting roleplay or even simply saying perverse things.

Touching someone's hips/ass is sexual battery. In regards to people saying perverse things, 

 

On 2/18/2018 at 5:33 PM, Neaksy said:

The other, I've already been vocal about this but it's the hate group faction rule. Factions can't "revolve around racism." I've been told by admins that peaceful white nationalist activists putting up posters as a recruitment method and following the law is already too far. PEN1 according to this rule wouldn't slide either. I think this is way too much. Sure, Bay Area is a very liberal and "diverse" region, but there are groups there, the most recent activism was by Identity Europa these last few weeks. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center hate map, there is a Ku Klux Klan branch in San Francisco, as well as other alt-right or radical groups in the Bay Area region. I don't think it's fair to prohibit "racist faction" because of the liberal nature of the region, because it is more frequent for radical groups to establish in more diverse areas. It's also unfair because street gangs do much worse things than being racist and they're allowed. DMing is already against the rules. Disallowing racist factions limits roleplay.

 

This is unrelated to the topic at hand, but Damian specifically stated factions like PEN1 were permitted to exist, as racism is not their focus. It's a recruiting tool, but factions like PEN1 (or the Aryan Brotherhood) do not solely revolve around racism. Rather, they use racism as a recruiting tool. In fact, the Aryan Brotherhood and PEN1 in real life do accept Hispanic membership in addition to being allied with Sureno sets. Not to mention some of them have Hispanic wives. I'd personally suggest you open another topic for this, though, just for the sake of continuity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pitchounette

The rule allows the other party to stop the action at any given time aswell, that is the key part. A one-time perverse action that is not under any other category is alright for as long as the other party is okay with it. But if at any point the other party asked you to stop, walked away from the roleplay, or do anything to stop the current roleplay, then that is it. That roleplay ends there. Continuing the action is what will be considered as sexual harassment.

 

This only applies for IC actions, by the way. Don't confuse this with OOC sexual harassment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ritz

I agree that the harassment aspect is vague and should be further discussed and specified. 

 

Also with regards to the hate group faction, I would like to see this revisited and allow it with limitations.  It is definitely possible to have good RP around such a faction without OOCly supporting racial views. 

 

Let's not forget this game was rated M to begin with... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash_Barti
On 3/5/2018 at 10:57 PM, Ritz said:

I agree that the harassment aspect is vague and should be further discussed and specified. 

 

Also with regards to the hate group faction, I would like to see this revisited and allow it with limitations.  It is definitely possible to have good RP around such a faction without OOCly supporting racial views. 

 

Let's not forget this game was rated M to begin with... 

If we’re allowing sexual harassment and literal hate groups, why not allow actual drugs? See what I mean, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pitchounette

Currently being revisited and discussed for the 1.0. further, it should provide more clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×