News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Blackburn

Music suggestion

Blackburn

My suggestion is that we can play any music we want in our car by typing /music and entering the youtube URL we want to stream. 

It would be great for roleplay since we could roleplay listening to any songs we want.

To make it more realistic, it could go as if we have to buy a blank CD in store and then "burn"  max 12 songs on it on a computer, then we would be able to put that cd in a car or a stereo

• Like 1

FlowN

I'm definitely for this one. To prevent trolls, there should be a limit for the song to be longer than ~1 minute  and shorter than ~1 hour. There's also a way to play YouTube playlists and I would personally like to see that as well. Maybe even have a "music queue" so you can just add your songs and make your own playlist? Sounds good.

No CD's though. It's 2018, you can plug your phone in and listen straight from YouTube.

Blackburn

Yeah, that's even better, to make it available on phones too. But why not CDs? People still use CDs in cars.

Lockhart

i support this with some exceptions to combat trolls, as mentioned. 

I've had a car with a glove box full of CDs up until last week. Finally upgraded my car and now have a AUX! CDs are definitely still about.

• Like 1

Sou

I support this suggestion.

As the others have said about reducing trolls, I don't think time restrictions should be given notice of. I personally think it would be better if others (in the front passenger seat or just anywhere in the passenger seat) could have the ability to pause or stop the audio (to make it more realistic but the possibility of trolls is higher), or at least those of higher positions in the server (such as helpers, administrators) could have the ability to stop it by force if the user doesn't stop it himself. 

Boss

This would be a very nice feature to have, but hard to administrate. There's no way around dealing with trolls script-wise, the only option is for the staff team to monitor it.

Volk420

No, no and no. Some retards would play offensive songs and some people like chuck and his company with this youtuber gonna troll even more than before.

• Confused 1

Damon(B)

"Offensive Songs" who's this guy? Who cares if someone plays an Offensive song, deal with IC. and grow up.

Simeon

How can you troll anyone if it's only heard inside your car? You can't force anyone to be in your car. I can see the troll thing being an issue if people could walk around in public with a portable stereo and play random songs for everyone to hear. But if the audio streams are reserved for cars or even private homes/businesses — I don't think it would bother players. I find this a pretty good compromise.

I think it's a good suggestion. It would also stop players from suggesting random Romanian radio stations to be added, if they can just load their playlists instead. Instead a radio station script can focus on fewer stations and in return have fewer stations to monitor and replace in case any of them close down.

• Thanks 1

Volk420
22 hours ago, Damon(B) said:

"Offensive Songs" who's this guy? Who cares if someone plays an Offensive song, deal with IC. and grow up.

Be more respectful with others. 

20 hours ago, Simeon said:

How can you troll anyone if it's only heard inside your car? You can't force anyone to be in your car. I can see the troll thing being an issue if people could walk around in public with a portable stereo and play random songs for everyone to hear. But if the audio streams are reserved for cars or even private homes/businesses — I don't think it would bother players. I find this a pretty good compromise.

I think it's a good suggestion. It would also stop players from suggesting random Romanian radio stations to be added, if they can just load their playlists instead. Instead a radio station script can focus on fewer stations and in return have fewer stations to monitor and replace in case any of them close down.

There is boomboxes and people are able to place them anywhere, just more problems for admins.

Blackburn

They can restrict youtube usage to cars only, that way there won't be any offensive content, since you are not obliged to drive with anyone who plays offensive songs/content.

• Like 1

Volk420
2 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

They can restrict youtube usage to cars only, that way there won't be any offensive content, since you are not obliged to drive with anyone who plays offensive songs/content.

Cars only sounds nice to me.

• Like 1

jousvn

I mean, in personal vehicle' I am all hands approving it, but for public service vehicles we need a system that only allows faction members change songs so there wouldn't be a case where a suspect jumps in the front seat and starts a stupid song. For private cars, everybody on fronts seats should be allowed to change the link and start the song but driver has more power over it, let's say if he turns the song off, it stays off as in modern cars we have buttons on the wheel as well so radio is easy to control.

Dalek

To be honest, who cares if someone plays offensive content? If it happens, it happens. If someone keeps abusing it, then they lose access to it. The end. You can't just let one person ruin it for everyone.

Edited by Dalek

Connor

This idea needs to happen its something that we all need in our lifes.