• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
liew

Pistol's make a "thunder" like sound.

Question

liew

Idk if this is the correct section to make this thread in, but I installed a modification (Rather, Robert's Overhaul.) And it replaced every single one of my weapons sounds, which I wanted. Though, the pistols seem to have a sound that I can only describe as thunder. The Deagle and silenced pistol seem fine, it's just the colt's. If anybody could help me out here, it'd be appreciated.

11 answers to this question

Felos

Greetings!

This tutorial might help you with changing the sounds of 2 particular weapons:

> Youtube video <

And you can always try installing an entire new soundpack or reinstalling GTA SA from scratch.

liew
14 minutes ago, Samuel_Tsai said:

Greetings!

This tutorial might help you with changing the sounds of 2 particular weapons:

> Youtube video <

And you can always try installing an entire new soundpack or reinstalling GTA SA from scratch.

I really don't want to reinstall it from scratch, as I'd have to reinstall the pack. It's only a single .wav tbh.

Felos

Understandable, the youtube video offers a tutorial on how to change a single sound!

Ritz

In the future I recommend using Modloader even for sound mods, it would make things easier when mods aren't working right.

From what you describe it seems like the .wav for the colt is not the right one.  Try finding a sound mod for the colt 45 that you like and install that.

Nightmare

I had the same issue with the colt too, it's just the sound, I don't know what's causing it but even if you put it in your modloader, you're gonna get the same result. I suggest you find another sound mod for it, maybe someone who knows how to edit sounds can fix it but I doubt.

Ermetano

I suggest using modloader for every mod you install whether its textures, weapons, skins, sounds.

You can simply erase it and download another one.

• Thanks 1

beam

Agreed. Modloader should be used for nearly ever modification placed into your game. Therefore you're able to single out each mod that may be disturbing your gameplay.

Teoras

Same problem, same modpack.

PurpleVase24

It's a known sound bug in Robert's modpack. I would say you need to reinstall your game in order to get it working properly again. Or you just modify your weapon sound files (download the original files and overwrite them with your current ones) and check if there are any more problems. Keep us updated.

Pencil

Goggle a bit and you should find a zip with all gta sa original sound effects. Replace the downloaded sound effects (I don't think that they are going to be on a mp3 format but in some kind of archived file) with your current ones at "'your gta sa folder' /audio"probably.

Giga

Closed.