News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Targus

Inventory System

Targus

Have this quirky suggestion, although nowhere near realism it does provide a perceived sense of it.

A player will have x amount of "spaces" in their inventory storage, say 4. The larger an object is, the more "space" it takes up in a player's inventory storage, i.e., a shotgun takes up 2 "spaces," so a player only has two other "spaces" remaining. Maybe the player can carry an extra gun, knife or water bottle. If the player has a backpack, then their inventory storage will increase. If really light objects are meant to be carried, then it can represent 0.x of a certain space. If a player were to wear a tactical suit, they may be getting additional spaces to store their weapons or ammunition. Kinda similar to how the inventory system in Resident Evil 7 works.

re7_backpack_2101b.jpg

I'm sure there may be disadvantages to this, so let's hear out the community's opinion on this.

Edited by Targus

strady.

:OOOOOOO fireeee

glass shatters

Don't really think it flows with the game itself. It gives a RPG-ish vibe to the game, which most players wouldn't look forward to in my opinion. This feature could be implemented in a different interpretation in the future, but I wouldn't see it as a necessity. 

Thuggy

It’s a RPG element we can do

without. Ideally, we should try to move away from the script as much as possible to have a fluid roleplaying environment. Essentials are one thing and fancy auxiliary features are another.

With that said I’ll have to say no for this suggestion.

Edited by Thuggy

Blackburn

It looks pretty great for DM servers, but I wouldn't wish seeing that in roleplay

• Like 1

Anomaly

I saw that kind of system on a lot of servers and to be honest, it's very annoying.

Don Delgado

Annoying is maybe not the best word for it, but it's clearly not something the server needs. 

Guest kane

An inventory system isn't on our agenda and most likely won't happen for now. Denied for the time being.