Strong

Don't add.

Poll thingy  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Ye
    • Nah fam
    • Agree to an extent, will reply to explain myself
    • Disagree to an extent, will reply to explain myself.

Strong    5
Strong

Usually suggestions are about adding stuff, mine is about NOT ADDING stuff

Here's a list of things that shouldn't be added

A cost for messages or calls, people should be able to communicate with each other

Roadblocks that prevent people from going to the other cities, I'm not up for losing the ability to have custom RP.

Extreme VIP bonuses, I'm fine with VIP bonuses but don't allow a VIP like 4 houses, 6 businesses, 18 vehicles, a whore and an infinite amount of beers (sorry) because then the server would be P2W

Bullshit costs for houses or vehicles, vehicles like infernus and bullet are sure to cost a lot but a premier or a manana shouldn't. And about houses, having to jobgrind sucks ass so please keep paychecks big.

Ok am done ranting about things that bother me if they're added, if you think this is a good/bad idea you can just +1/-1 it D:

-Strong

Edited by Strong

Dom    7
Dom

I don't like the idea about having calls and messages free. I mean we all pay for using our cellphones right (at least where I'm from lol)?

Also, I would kinda like to have houses priced in a way that you have to play some time, but not like a month or so. I'm not actually sure how to do correct prices since balancing isn't that easy. But playing on the server for a week and owning a houses wouldn't be okay IMO.

Strong    5
Strong
5 hours ago, Dom said:

I don't like the idea about having calls and messages free. I mean we all pay for using our cellphones right (at least where I'm from lol)?

Also, I would kinda like to have houses priced in a way that you have to play some time, but not like a month or so. I'm not actually sure how to do correct prices since balancing isn't that easy. But playing on the server for a week and owning a houses wouldn't be okay IMO.

Response appreciated, the idea of having free phonecalls and messages is just to remove extra technical issues that new players are gonna have by limiting their actual RP limit, while the housing system shouldn't be like 400k per house or something ridiculous like that, it should be around 200k/100k depending on the house size, 400k+ is def possible but for bigger, nicer houses and mansions 

Luckyx49    2
Luckyx49

You always need to have something in a server that takes money from you otherwise you get like 100 mil+ and you have nothing to spend it on. On that same note it needs to be a small enough amount to keep new players from becoming broke. 

I will look into pricing to make it fair but not a cake walk and then kick it over to rehasher and see what he thinks. 

Roadblocks just look stupid although are probably going to be needed and I have an idea for mapping on that one. 

Strong    5
Strong
10 hours ago, Luckyx49 said:

You always need to have something in a server that takes money from you otherwise you get like 100 mil+ and you have nothing to spend it on. On that same note it needs to be a small enough amount to keep new players from becoming broke. 

I will look into pricing to make it fair but not a cake walk and then kick it over to rehasher and see what he thinks. 

Roadblocks just look stupid although are probably going to be needed and I have an idea for mapping on that one. 

Yet again I say, I have great ideas for specific RP that'll take place in other cities, having the ability to go to the other cities without actually interacting with anything is great, great for screenshots, great for RP in general, I have A LOT of things that I'm thinking of doing on that plate.

Whiskey    64
Whiskey

I pretty much disagree with everything except for "VIP Bonuses", I can agree with that to a certain extent. 

There needs to be costs for using cellphones, it would be rather odd not to add cost. I assume there will be other IC says to communicate though without a payasyougo cost; radios for example.

As for prices for property, they need to be quite high otherwise every level 5 will have a high-end house. You need to grind, it what makes the game and keeps you here. I couldn't imagine staying on a server/game for more than a month if they spoonfed me everything. It's no fun when you have obtain pretty much everything, what are you then supposed to do? Grinding makes the game, like I said.

Also, there is plenty to do in SF and you don't really need a reason to go to other areas. SF it quite a huge place too and we wouldn't want 7 players burying a body at the far eastern end of LV while SFPD remains in SF. We need all activities to take place in SF, during the server opening anyway. Once the playerbase is regulated at a reasonable amount, we could open other areas for specific roleplay.

Strong    5
Strong
5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I pretty much disagree with everything except for "VIP Bonuses", I can agree with that to a certain extent. 

There needs to be costs for using cellphones, it would be rather odd not to add cost. I assume there will be other IC says to communicate though without a payasyougo cost; radios for example.

As for prices for property, they need to be quite high otherwise every level 5 will have a high-end house. You need to grind, it what makes the game and keeps you here. I couldn't imagine staying on a server/game for more than a month if they spoonfed me everything. It's no fun when you have obtain pretty much everything, what are you then supposed to do? Grinding makes the game, like I said.

Also, there is plenty to do in SF and you don't really need a reason to go to other areas. SF it quite a huge place too and we wouldn't want 7 players burying a body at the far eastern end of LV while SFPD remains in SF. We need all activities to take place in SF, during the server opening anyway. Once the playerbase is regulated at a reasonable amount, we could open other areas for specific roleplay.

What am saying is, there should be high-end houses with a HUUUUGE prices but also low end apartments with small prices like say 100k or something, it'd give people a chance to develop their RP a lot quicker.

And about the idea of leaving SF, say I want to RP killing someone and burying them in the desert? or smuggling something off LS docks? or stealing something from the containerships? it allows for good RP, trust me.

Dom    7
Dom
14 hours ago, Strong said:

What am saying is, there should be high-end houses with a HUUUUGE prices but also low end apartments with small prices like say 100k or something, it'd give people a chance to develop their RP a lot quicker.

And about the idea of leaving SF, say I want to RP killing someone and burying them in the desert? or smuggling something off LS docks? or stealing something from the containerships? it allows for good RP, trust me.

Renting of apartments and houses can be added to avoid everyone having houses at low level.

There are docks in the SF too, so you will be able to do that in SF also. 

Whiskey    64
Whiskey

It's good for isolated roleplay, yes. 

Strong    5
Strong
10 minutes ago, Dom said:

Renting of apartments and houses can be added to avoid everyone having houses at low level.

There are docks in the SF too, so you will be able to do that in SF also. 

I didn't say that using the SF docks is a bad idea, am saying that having the ability to access the other cities is a great options, don't add anything in the cities, just allow us to go there if we please it.

GracefulRemoval    1
GracefulRemoval

Items would be added in Los Santos and other places very soon, we just have to get Comfortable with the environment.

Luckyx49    2
Luckyx49
12 hours ago, Strong said:

I didn't say that using the SF docks is a bad idea, am saying that having the ability to access the other cities is a great options, don't add anything in the cities, just allow us to go there if we please it.

Think of it this way. Imagine having let's say 10 players on the server but they're scattered all over the map, are you going to just drive around and hope to run into someone? 

Small player base server do better in smaller areas. You can run into someone and actually get some roleplay rather than spending let's say spending an hour looking for someone. 

I can almost put money on the fact that when people start joining and staying more areas will open without the need to worry about rarely seeing someone. 

Strong    5
Strong
2 hours ago, Luckyx49 said:

Think of it this way. Imagine having let's say 10 players on the server but they're scattered all over the map, are you going to just drive around and hope to run into someone? 

Small player base server do better in smaller areas. You can run into someone and actually get some roleplay rather than spending let's say spending an hour looking for someone. 

I can almost put money on the fact that when people start joining and staying more areas will open without the need to worry about rarely seeing someone. 

For the last time, it's for specific RP events, not just to hang out there

Dan    0
Dan
On 18/09/2017 at 4:10 PM, Strong said:

Bullshit costs for houses or vehicles, vehicles like infernus and bullet are sure to cost a lot but a premier or a manana shouldn't. And about houses, having to jobgrind sucks ass so please keep paychecks big.

So everything should be cheap and easily obtained so there's nothing to work towards?

Strong    5
Strong
On 9/23/2017 at 3:43 PM, Dan said:

So everything should be cheap and easily obtained so there's nothing to work towards?

I said bullshit costs, bullshit applies to very cheap or very expensive, allowing things to be in the middle of everything is fine, allowing people to have big paychecks is actually a bigger deal than most of you would think, it gives people a reason to stay active and RP rather than just hanging around and doing jobgrinds from time to time, it allows long-term RP to do great because it rewards it.