News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Mopey

How will the nature of SF as a city change gang RP?

Mopey

vis-a-vis Los Santos.

Will things be any different?

Norse

More people will roleplay middle class kids instead of poor I imagine which should make it a tad interesting compared to the usual poor kid backstory.

• Like 1

Raw

SF is going to give us more oppertunities for a gang RP. Different as we know, but it's a good 'different'. Simple as that.

Edited by Raw

Stamenko

Nope.

Neaksy

Hopefully things will be different. SF isn't LS. You don't see Crips and Bloods in Northern California. As opposed to Los Santos there are very few areas for gang roleplayers to use in Bay Area. We're not moving to a different location just to have the same factions pop up, let's have something new. Tired of Los Santos and the illegal factions that we saw there.

• Like 3

Blackburn

It will create more place and possibilities for organized crime, which means we probably wont see a lot of gangs as we did before, it will be a nice refreshment for all players.

Volk420

Much more corners, I can see urban gangs rping under the main highway bridges, and Yakuza in china town.

Edited by Volk420

Montreal
1 hour ago, Neaksy said:

Hopefully things will be different. SF isn't LS. You don't see Crips and Bloods in Northern California. As opposed to Los Santos there are very few areas for gang roleplayers to use in Bay Area. We're not moving to a different location just to have the same factions pop up, let's have something new. Tired of Los Santos and the illegal factions that we saw there.

Fucking exactly. If everyone's just gonna do the same shit in a different spot, why even move?

Edit: There's no Yakuza in Chinatown by the way, Japanese and Chinese don't even get along. Also, Yakuza presence outside of Japan is basically just a coincidence, there are no known groups outside of Japan. There's very little actual 'triad' activity too if we're talking about the umbrella term that consists of Chinese secret societies and their traditions, it's just mostly cells of these members, not actual groups led by some big boss that controls everyone. There is a hierarchy but it's mostly just in their own countries, outside of Asia it's just a huge mess.

Edited by Montreal

RosePark

In my opinion San Fierro offers more mobster roleplay, it's more a place of mobsters and less afro-american gangs.

Volk420
5 minutes ago, RosePark said:

In my opinion San Fierro offers more mobster roleplay, it's more a place of mobsters and less afro-american gangs.

Yes exactly, but there is enough space for afro-american gangs allso, trust me.

Brand

Let's experience something new.

aGuba

In my judgement I see SF as a organized crime families/mafias place with luxurious houses, places and companies. But we gonna make it to be a nice place to have fun and waste our free time.

• Like 2

bitcoin loader
21 minutes ago, aGuba said:

In my judgement I see SF as a organized crime families/mafias place with luxurious houses, places and companies. But we gonna make it to be a nice place to have fun and waste our free time.

Took the words outta my mouth.

Thuggy

San Fierro is a modernized city but there is room for the entire social hierarchy. The location offers a golden opportunity for everyone who wants to rejuvenate their gang roleplay.

San Fierro is not the place for the gritty neighborhood, ten deep on the porch type of roleplay. We are talking loose clicks that focuses  on money first and gangbanging second. We are talking flashy foreign cars and blowing out the club.

There isn’t a lot of room to roleplay true poverty that so many of us are accustomed to doing, but there is a difference between poverty and being broke.

There is nothing wrong with the current type factions we have as they are much needed for the server and are some of the most fun to roleplay in. Unfortunately they are not in an ideal roleplay setting, but I am excited to see how they can overcome it. 

These factions are also close to hotspots such as the City Hall and the Golf Club. Whether the PD wants to allow it or not is up to them to decide through gang junctions and other exciting means — not an OOC rally on  the forums.

JohnnyV

I fully un-support any ideas of making a gang similar to the gangs of Los Santos, time for something new!