News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Weston

Writing notes

Weston

Couldn't find if this was already suggested but here I go.

I think it'd be great if we had the ability to write notes in some sort of notepad, and either give them to other people, or drop them on the ground for them to be found/picked up.

They could be used as business cards, providing business information such as phone numbers and whatever, which you could hand to people.

You could put passive aggressive notes on your neighbour's front door.

Notes could be given to people marking the spot where a items are located, rather than using mobile phones!

When people leave notes on the ground, some sort of paper object can be placed and seen on the ground. People could then pick them up.

I'm not sure if there's a decent object for that, but I'm sure some magic could be used to make one.

Opinions??

• Like 6

Finch

I quite enjoyed being able to leave actual paper notes on the ground on MTA, as when used properly it was great for roleplay. You could state whether bullet casings would be left after a shooting, whether someone’s blood was there or anything else. This would be ideal if it wasn’t used for trolling purposes.

With regards to normal notes and being able to pass them on, sure. Sounds good to me.

• Like 1

Blackburn

Great suggestion, but it would result in a lot of complaints since people are known to troll

• Like 1

es.tv14^

Very nice suggestion, I think this should be needed no questions asked.

Posting to follow

• Like 1

bitcoin loader

Support.

• Like 1

FroxZ

Support.

• Like 1

Koky

Reminds me of MT-G, when Quality Taxis used to do this. @Weston 

• Like 2

liew

Seen it before on other servers, so it does indeed work and is possible.

I support this.

• Like 1

Sofyan

I do support this. At a different server I used such notes during investigations. A bit L.A. Noire style, haha.

• Like 1

Teoras

I like the idea of that. Good idea, Weston :P

• Thanks 1

Danny

Great idea, i totally support this and i think it is needed.

Snob

Yes please we need this, support!

• Like 1

Shots

That shit would be fire, call someone on a burnerphone w/ a spot.. They show up and pick it up to find details about some illegal shit like drugs in the bush... etc etc.

I support this.

• Like 1

Weston

About possible abuse of notes, couldn't notes all be identified by admins through a certain ID?

Admins could check who created the note and when by using some sort of command followed by whatever ID that note is. This way abuse of notes could hopefully be easily dealt with.

Maybe admins could have a command listing all current notes?

Not an admin, don't know what sort things go on behind the scenes x

• Like 1

Neaksy

Definitely support. Would be great being able to give business cards. Perhaps people would have to go to a supermarket or store to buy paper to be able to make X amount of notes so people can't just do it all the time, if left on the ground it could disappear, either within an hour or two or whenever too many new ones are placed in the same area to avoid the limit, if you want to put a note for your neighbor that doesn't disappear you could put it in the mailbox instead. I could also see notes being left on walls or unbreakable street poles, that would even give something to do for a Public Works faction to clean the streets from these, you could get fined for littering, in SF I saw it's somewhere between $135 and $500, in parks it can even be $1,000. Just some thoughts, would create roleplay though!

• Like 1