Sign in to follow this  
ZiiM

Server Hosted location.

ZiiM

Hey just wondering why the server is hosted in France. France seems like a strange spot for this server to be hosted, considering not many people speak French. But what do I know, I only got half a brain.

Saint

France is a good center point for our playerbase. Many players come from Europe and the United States, France is the country that'd provide the most stable connection for all players.

• Like 1

ZiiM

Stable for all except people in Australia/New Zealand, they will get fucked over by this. I am not from AUS/NZ so idc. But I think they will have over 400+ ping. But I am from Canada, not Australia so Idgaf.

Edited by ZiiM

Saint
7 minutes ago, ZiiM said:

Stable for all except people in Australia/New Zealand, they will get fucked over by this. I am not from AUS/NZ so idc. But I think they will have over 400+ ping. But I am from Canada, not Australia so Idgaf.

Australians and such will get about 250ish ping. Yet, if they have at least 5mb/s download then they will be fine. The server's got a strong upload speed and will offer a stable & fast connection.

Giga
1 hour ago, Saint said:

Australians and such will get about 250ish ping. Yet, if they have at least 5mb/s download then they will be fine. The server's got a strong upload speed and will offer a stable & fast connection.

Just over 350.

Sparx
2 hours ago, Saint said:

France is the country that'd provide the most stable connection for all players.

Not exactly true. There would have to be research into where the users play from, gather ping information and then decide on that. After research that I've seen, the best place for all was East Coast US/SE Canada. Gives those in Europe,  West Coast America and Australia a very playable ping. However, it would have to be queried in this community to see where the majority are from.

Edited by Sparx

beast

why is this in france europeans dont even matter just host in the us what is your problem

Dopli

lol, there's a way to get lower ping for US/Canada/Ausies but it costs $$$

Thuggy

Seems like a trivial matter now that lag shooting has been eradicated. Server is stable enough so it can be enjoyed by both American and European players. Oceanic players will, like most other games, have latency issues... Hell, you’ve got big games like PUBG that can’t even host servers for people in SA/Oceania. You can’t accomodate everyone unfortunately. 

Edited by Thuggy
  • Like 1

index
On 2018.02.15. at 10:18 AM, beast said:

why is this in france europeans dont even matter just host in the us what is your problem

Why are you saying Europeans don't matter when most of the players actually are from Europe? That's rude.

Edited by Index
  • Like 1

Neaksy

Typically servers are hosted in Paris, France because they have great servers there, and because I bet a majority of the player base lives in Europe. It's ideal for both Americans, Europeans and West Asians. Whether the server is hosted in the US or Europe, Australia will always fall behind in terms of latency so it's hard to accomodate. I don't think it's much of a problem at all.

• Like 3

Stamenko
9 hours ago, beast said:

Man most of the players are from Europe, calm down.

Raw
16 hours ago, Saint said:

France is a good center point for our playerbase. Many players come from Europe and the United States, France is the country that'd provide the most stable connection for all players.

Good point.

Halycen

Plus, they offer us a weekly supply of baguettes at the office for hosting there so it all works out. \o/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

AALPHAA

France