News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Pontiac

Various Vehicular Suggestions

Pontiac

I’d like to see that the lineup of starter vehicles isn’t just Walton’s, Tampa’s, and Clover’s. Those vehicles are old and not available for purchase in real life, so they should not be offered as starter vehicles. Instead, starter cars should be newer cars that you could actually buy in real life from a dealership, such as the Cadrona, Bravura, Previon, and Manana. These cars are all based on relatively modern cheap cars, such as the Chevrolet Cavalier, and the Plymouth Sundance. Those old cars should still be offered of course, but maybe from a used car dealer that sells old cars like the Phoenix, Hustler, Broadway, as well as the Tampa, Clover and Walton that I mentioned before. Let’s go for some realism here. The clover is based on the Pontiac GTO from the 1960’s, and even if it is beat up, a beat up old Pontiac GTO, which is a classic car, is gonna cost more than a Chevrolet Cavalier. The Tampa and Clover even has a V8, while those modern starter cars all have four cylinders like actual modern day starter cars. And the Walton? You’d find that for sale in rural Georgia. 

I’d also like to see the ability to really modify your car and customize it. The only wheel arch angels on the map is in San Fierro, which says a lot about car culture in the GTA lore. I’d like to see TransFender shops and Pay N’ Spray shops open and not blocked off, so we can customize our cars however we choose, without paying extremely crazy prices like on RC-RP. Let’s get some diversity in vehicles here fellas! One of those ugly ass spoilers in the game that costs maybe a grand in an RP server will cost you fifty bucks at Autozone in real life, and might cost a hundred in TransFender. Keep TransFenders open so we can use them.

We should also have a system of vehicle attachments, much like the ones RCRP uses. I’d like to be able to hang the confederate flag on the hood of my Bobcat if I’m a redneck, or put Sprunk cups and cigarette packs all over the car if I’m a lazy, messy character. LSRP also has a system of weapons storage, where if you’re storing a gun inside of your car, you have to place a prop of that same gun wherever you’re RP’ing putting it in the car. I’d like to see that in the game. Imagine being able to open your trunk and showing your friends your collection of guns. I know it’s a lot to ask, but it’s all for the realism.

Edited by Pontiac
Someone suggested I put spaces between the topics to organize it better.

Finch

Sounds like a good idea. Starting cars will obviously depend on what the economy is like right from the off though, as from an OOC point of view, we all start with the same amount of cash.

Vehicle customisation would be nice to see though.

Neaksy

Agreed. I'd like to see cars like Blista Compact etc etc. To give people the incentive of having cheaper cars than more expensive ones, the cheaper ones should be able to take a lot more damage than let's say Elegies. That way people wouldn't use sports cars for pursuits or for anything risky as they could easily total their car. They'd also be cheaper to repair.

Vehicle modifications should be as cheap as they are IRL, paying thousands for a bumper is ridiculous. Perhaps some modifications should make the vehicle HP weaker and/or make it so the costs of repairing the vehicle increase with the more modifications there are. Not sure if it's feasible for every single vehicle to have custom objects placed on them like Confederate flags, if it's possible within the SA-MP limits then I support.

dollar

I wanna RP a 240SX under a ZR-350.

I'd hate if we had to pay like 5-30k for a bumper when full 240sx body kits only cost 900$ and bumpers only cost 250$. Don't nerf it too much and make it atleast somehow fair. Make repairs fair but increase damage on vehicles.

Pontiac
5 hours ago, Neaksy said:

Agreed. I'd like to see cars like Blista Compact etc etc. To give people the incentive of having cheaper cars than more expensive ones, the cheaper ones should be able to take a lot more damage than let's say Elegies. That way people wouldn't use sports cars for pursuits or for anything risky as they could easily total their car. They'd also be cheaper to repair.

Vehicle modifications should be as cheap as they are IRL, paying thousands for a bumper is ridiculous. Perhaps some modifications should make the vehicle HP weaker and/or make it so the costs of repairing the vehicle increase with the more modifications there are. Not sure if it's feasible for every single vehicle to have custom objects placed on them like Confederate flags, if it's possible within the SA-MP limits then I support.

Well, for a starter vehicle, no. A blista compact is a sports car. I just meant the four cars I mentioned. But there should be incentives to having newer cars. If the server is going to have any sort of vehicle maintenance system besides fixing it when you crash it, like oil changes, new tires, lights, et cetera, newer cars should have less maintenance than older cars. For example, a Tampa will need an oil change every 100 miles, and a Bravura needs one every 300 miles. And for faster cars, a Phoenix will need a change every 50 miles, and a newer sports car like a Buffalo should need one every 150 miles. And fuel mileage should be different for every car depending on the performance it has. A Premier may get 25 MPG, while a Sultan gets 13, or something along those lines. We should be encouraging newer vehicles with smaller engines. If I was tight on money and was fresh off the boat in a new town, would I rather buy a Tampa, which is older, has a gas guzzling V8, gets bad gas mileage and requires a lot of maintenance, or a Bravura, which is newer, has a 4 cylinder engine, is good on gas and will last me a long time before needing any maintenance? An old beater Tampa may be cheap now, but it will add up and being more expensive than the Bravura. In real life, I don't see old Chevrolet Corvairs and Pontiac GTO's all the time being driven by the poor, I see them being driven by richer guys in their 50's who can afford one. Old cars like the Tampa and Clover, being driven by poor citizens, would not make it to 2018. The ones that are still driving around have been preserved and rubbed with a diaper by rich people. Encourage newer vehicles.

Anomaly

Definitely needs to be added. The customization prices should be based on in real life for sure, hope the economy is stable.

Guest kane

Thanks for the suggestion. A few are already implemented or accepted suggestions.

Sign in to follow this