News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Blackburn

Deep web

Blackburn

It would be great to create a website connected to BARP that will act as deep web, how?

Players would create accounts, and their account names would be "Unknown".

They would be able to post ads of illegal content and order drugs/hits etc on it.

It would increase roleplay of detectives as they would have to figure out the codes(messages) and who is writing those things.

Edited by Blackburn

PurpleVase24

I think it's not worth the time developing a new online platform for that. You can use a much more simple solution; a sub-forum. A new "Internet" or "Browser" sub-forum used for IC advertisements through the internet or just general made-up IC internet links to interact with. 

Just figured it out that there's a board for IC internet activity already. Now all we need are some guidelines for Dark Web topics.

Edited by PurpleVase24

Lockhart

Not a fan of this suggestion.

I think it would cause more problems than good. In real life drugs bought through the deep web are sent through the postal systems. 

This forum/website will just be used by gangs robbing or detectives beause they would meet face to face and ultimately render it useless. 

You would also have to give the gov someway of shutting it down to promote realism.

Edited by Lockhart

PurpleVase24
1 hour ago, Lockhart said:

This forum/website will just be used by gangs robbing or detectives beause they would meet face to face and ultimately render it useless. 

I don't think dark web dealers meet face-to-face in real-life at all. You pay with Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency and the dealer will drop off the product somewhere so you can collect it. Or they will scam you, that's also another option. If you ask me, dark web topics with strict guidelines can cause a lot of good role-play possibilities for both users and law enforcement. Think of the endless ways to track these users and arrest them or even shut down sites or links.

Lockhart
7 hours ago, PurpleVase24 said:

I don't think dark web dealers meet face-to-face in real-life at all. You pay with Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency and the dealer will drop off the product somewhere so you can collect it. Or they will scam you, that's also another option. If you ask me, dark web topics with strict guidelines can cause a lot of good role-play possibilities for both users and law enforcement. Think of the endless ways to track these users and arrest them or even shut down sites or links.

I didn't mean in real life, i meant how it would likely be used in game.