News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Blackburn

BARP Social club

Blackburn

My idea is this:

To create a website connected to bayarearoleplay.com that will act as a social club for players.

What would this mean?

Players would create accounts for their IC characters and post their in game pictures like on instagram, it would improve roleplay.

Edited by Blackburn

Sparx

Do you mean something like a lifeinvader / IC Social network?

If so it's been tried and tested multiple times and in my experience, it just counts for tonnes more metagaming and a non-administrated battleground. If properly administrated and users treat it like a social network then it can work.

Blackburn

That's what i ment, IC social network. Well yes, every project needs supervising, administrators would have to watch over this webssite.

Neaksy

Management said they won't get involved in a social media but don't oppose one being made. So it's up to a member to make one, but it costs money to have a social network software and to host the website. Personally I would love to see a social media for Bay Area, a mix of Twitter/Facebook would be ideal. On roleplay servers, people add each other on IC social medias for the sole purpose of following their roleplay and not necessarily because they're friends, so I think Twitter follows, reposts + Facebook's private messaging, post likes/reactions and user personal info fields (employment, education, male, gender etc) and business pages would be a perfect combination.

Edited by Neaksy