News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Snob

Public Works & Utilities Faction

Snob

Hello, I was wondering If we can have another governmental official faction beside San Fierro Police Department and San Fierro Fire Department which it's going to be based on creating roleplay around the city.

And instead of having one Department that provides maintenance to highways and roads, why don't we have a Department that provides multiple services and that includes Road/Highway maintenance which is gonna be Department of Public Works & Utilities.

Suggested Logos for the faction:

PaPD6df.png

The first one is an existed logo of San Francisco Public Works and it was edited with the original font.

The second one is a simple seal was made by me, I also used the same font on the both pictures.

As I said the Department would have multiple tasks depend on the three Department's Divisions just like PD and FD.

Maintenance Division: Replacing Street Lights, Fixing potholes, Painting Crossroads, Repairing asphalt and sidewalks and Landscapping. (etc...)

Engineering Division: Planning Projects, Construction, Giving Right of Way permits for temporary events such as block parties, wedding. (etc...)

Utility Services: Cleaning Sidewalks, Collecting waste, Removing Graffiti,  Mowing grass, Trimming tree's, Waterworks and Street sweeping. (etc...)

Faction Ranks

President/Comissioner of Public Works

Deputy President/Comissioner of Public Works

Manager of Maintenance Division

Manager of Engineering Division

Manager of Utility Services

Assistant Manager of Maintenance Division

Assistant Manager of Engineering Division

Assistant Manager of Utility Services

Supervising Architect

Senior Maintenance Worker

Senior Utility Operator

Senior Sanitation Worker

Maintenance Worker

Engineer

Utiltiy Operator

Sanitation Worker

However, This was just a Suggestion for something unique and realistic, It's all up to the management.

I will need to hear your opinions aswell. Thanks!

Edited by Blacksmith

thatoneiowan

The duties listed were all going to be handled by SanDOR (with exceptions of graffiti removal and waste pickup), given the current staffing I can't really divide it up further at this point. My plan is for DOR to be responsible for any issues within our ROW

• Like 1

Snob
18 hours ago, thatoneiowan said:

The duties listed were all going to be handled by SanDOR (with exceptions of graffiti removal and waste pickup), given the current staffing I can't really divide it up further at this point. My plan is for DOR to be responsible for any issues within our ROW

How about making it one faction that provides all the services which are listed above.

Edited by Blacksmith

Neaksy

I think the Department of Roads (SanDOR) is supposed to do all of that already.

Honestly I think it would make more sense—from a realistic standpoint—to have San Fierro Public Works replace SanDOR as the road maintenance agency. It doesn't make a lot of sense for a state-wide Transportation Department as big (which covers not only highway infrastructure but also public transportation throughout a whole state) to be reduced to a state Department of Roads and be specifically responsible for the road maintenance of a few counties. It would involve a lot of layoffs and it'd be a huge deal beyond the namechange, it doesn't make sense for it to happen in the first place. It would work better if the SF city government had oversight over road maintenance instead of being handled by a state agency.

SF Public Works would be more localized within the Bay Area and would have the city of San Fierro as its priority (which makes sense, that's where the server is based primarily), but it could also be contracted to do road maintenance around the Bay Area region, which is pretty much what all other government agencies are going to be doing anyway; the SFFD and SFPD will have jurisdiction over the whole accessible map (the entire Bay Area region), despite being SF city agencies, it has to be that way because we don't have the playerbase and resources for a separate law enforcement/fire department/city government faction in each town, each county, Angel Pine, Bayside and so on.

Edited by Neaksy
  • Thanks 1

Snob
18 hours ago, thatoneiowan said:

Oh right It's Department of Roads, but I feel like we have to change It's name to Public Works since It sounds better and unique. Moreover, that you will provide utility services and engineering aswell.

Edited by Blacksmith

Snob

My purpose behind this suggestion is simply renaming SanDOR to SFDPW In addition that you are still going to operate at the countryside.

thatoneiowan
11 hours ago, Blacksmith said:

My purpose behind this suggestion is simply renaming SanDOR to SFDPW In addition that you are still going to operate at the countryside.

I'm not currently looking to do that but thanks for your input 

• Like 1

Snob
10 hours ago, thatoneiowan said:

I'm not currently looking to do that but thanks for your input 

Hey, Thank you for your replies aswell. This can be locked & Archived.