News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Ocean Flats Discussion

Should Ocean Flats maintain the image it has and encourage more legal civilian community role-play?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Danny

This topic's purpose is to bring some awareness to the community about the current demographics being established by faction topics that are taking place in the ocean flats area.

If we look at San Francisco, we can easily distinguish the areas as to how they are placed in-game if we go from the coastal region. You will notice a majority of Asians and Whites living in what is Ocean Flats.

720px-Racial-distribution-map-2010-san-f

Based on that critique but also looking at the area itself, we don't the see type of neighborhood that would encourage Hispanic and Black populations (a vast minority) to form Cliques and sets all over the place. The image that Ocean Flats has is rather family friendly, low crime, well kept streets type of area with even a golf club next to it.

A more appropriate area for gang activity and conflicts of ethinc lines would be imo Calton Heights.

• Like 1

FroxZ

Your statistics say this but mine disagree with them. The server haven't even came our yet. Like we don't even know if that epic "battle" would take place. And even if it does at some point it will stop. I think that Ocean Flats should be left as a place where Illegal gangs should leave their roots and maybe in the future you can leave it for companies etc. Yet this is my opinion on Ocean Flats : 

990389f2a601bee818124bf9dd15bc4a.jpg

glockextendo

Nah, I and other faction leaders are not trying to be forced to have my/their faction roleplay somewhere else just because someone thinks OF is a more legal style area. We, the people decide if we make it a highly illegal territory or not and everyone can agree on this 

Edited by Damien
  • Like 10

syler

In all fairness to yourself, Danny. Ocean Flats is beside a massive country club, ideally made for only the richest of the rich. It makes little to no sense to create Ocean Flats in to a "ghetto" region. However, contrary to this: where else are they meant to go? Ocean Flats seems like the best viable area of illegal factions to perform most of their roleplay but yes I do see where you're coming from. It is housed right beside the San Fierro CITY HALL and a huge Country Club made for only the upper-class, or as it seems at least.

I still support changing Ocean Flats in to a "ghetto" area though, as per my decision within the poll. With your statistics, who is to say there can't be an illegal Asian gang based in Ocean Flats? It's whoever is the strongest will get the territory. We shouldn't try to mirror the real world completely as it just causes issues, San Francisco doesn't have a lot of gangs to begin with or at least nothing compared to Los Angeles.

es.tv14^

no no no i actually think this thread is very white, any person that disagrees they are darker white or hispanic. me not accepterino 

I shall ask my faction leader to change our faction name to Ocean Flat Whiternos. If they say no i leave.

this thread is 1000000000% true and 000000001% fake

Edited by Marozas

Danny
2 hours ago, FroxZ said:

Your statistics say this but mine disagree with them. The server haven't even came our yet. Like we don't even know if that epic "battle" would take place. And even if it does at some point it will stop. I think that Ocean Flats should be left as a place where Illegal gangs should leave their roots and maybe in the future you can leave it for companies etc. Yet this is my opinion on Ocean Flats : 

What epic battle? shootouts will surely take place if factions form in a certain area, that's what players do.

And what are you stats?

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Nah, I'm not trying to be forced to have my faction roleplay somewhere else just because someone thinks OF is a more legal style area. We the people decide if we make it a highly illegal territory or not and everyone can agree on this.

How would LS look if all the ghetto areas were vastly populated by white working middle-class people? Would there still be a ghetto?

Same goes for Ocean Flats, just by looking at it you know it's not suppose to be populated by gangs.

glockextendo

You do know not everything has to portray as it is IRL right? 

But still the main issue is that any community member can start up a gang at any location, whether non populated or populated and you can't really force someone out of that.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 2

es.tv14^

block off ocean flats dont allow any hispanics/blacks or other whites to attack. Defend it as your own country.

FroxZ
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

What epic battle? shootouts will surely take place if factions form in a certain area, that's what players do.

And what are you stats?

How would LS look if all the ghetto areas were vastly populated by white working middle-class people? Would there still be a ghetto?

Same goes for Ocean Flats, just by looking at it you know it's not suppose to be populated by gangs.

Actually by looking at it you can sort of see that it is. If you decided to take a few minutes of your time and check out OF you could see how many little and dark streets are by the area which are fitting gang activities perfectly. But it's your opinion.

Danny
2 hours ago, FroxZ said:

Actually by looking at it you can sort of see that it is. If you decided to take a few minutes of your time and check out OF you could see how many little and dark streets are by the area which are fitting gang activities perfectly. But it's your opinion.

Alleyways =/= Muh gang shit. Colorful well maintained houses and a beach with grass for picnics, does that fit gangs perfectly?

Ant

Where should we go? Literally, all places in San Fierro look like white rich neighborhoods to be quite honest.

Neaksy

It makes no sense to have Ocean Flats as a Hispanic & Black neighborhood. OF is based on Sunset District, an overwhelmingly Asian and White area. Asian populations are primarily on the coast side, Inner district is majority White.

VfXSYin.jpg tVI1SJG.jpg

This is the equivalent of having Chinese Triads in Fort Carson, when it's severely out of place. The area is clearly a middle-class area—and I know the area was "re-textured" (aka turning pink houses into white ones) but it definitely doesn't change the neighborhood suddenly. Let alone the fact that OF's location is between the AVISPA County Club, an upper class golf course right next to Ocean Flats, and the City Hall. 

Black gangs should move to Calton Heights and Hispanic factions should move to Garcia. I'd go as far as to say that most of them shouldn't be there in the first place, San Fierro is not the ideal city for it. Those gangs fit Los Santos. It seems to me most people just come from LS-RP and think they can pull off the same type of gangs they had back there. It's a totally different city, a different environment, not the same cultures and SF should open up the possibility for more middle-class roleplay.

Edited by Neaksy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

glockextendo
4 minutes ago, Neaksy said:

It makes no sense to have Ocean Flats as a Hispanic & Black neighborhood. OF is based on Sunset District, an overwhelmingly Asian and White area. Asian populations are primarily on the coast side, Inner district is majority White.

VfXSYin.jpg tVI1SJG.jpg

This is like having Chinese Triads in Fort Carson, or it's severely out of place. The area is clearly a middle-class area—and I know the area was "re-textured" (aka turning pink houses into white ones) but it definitely doesn't change the neighborhood suddenly. Let alone the fact that OF's location is between the AVISPA County Club, an upper class golf course right next to Ocean Flats, and the City Hall. 

Black gangs should move to Calton Heights and Hispanic factions should move to Garcia. I'd go as far as to say that most of them shouldn't be there in the first place, San Fierro is not the ideal city for it. Those gangs fit Los Santos. It seems to me most people just come from LS-RP and think they can pull off the same type of gangs they had back there. It's a totally different city, a different environment, not the same cultures and SF should open up the possibility for more middle-class roleplay.

So you're saying to the majority of the gangs that we have rn to move to a other location then originally planned? 

es.tv14^
6 minutes ago, BABY STRETCH said:

you don't understand it's modern day america. not iraq lmao... we live in a well advanced country. there's so many gangs i can name to fit in a bible that live in pretty good looking neighborhoods. remember it's the USA not Iraq.

just because gangland portrays gangs live in a Dumpster doesn't mean it's the same for everybody

^^^^

What he said

--------------

Sir, gangs dont only live in places that are rekt. They live in a place where they can afford rent and survive.

45.Cali
12 minutes ago, BABY STRETCH said:

you don't understand it's modern day america. not iraq lmao... we live in a well advanced country. there's so many gangs i can name to fit in a bible that live in pretty good looking neighborhoods. remember it's the USA not Iraq.

just because gangland portrays gangs live in a Dumpster doesn't mean it's the same for everybody

what Baby Stretch said, and plus we got nowhere to go, why do this fucking retarded topic first of all??? lol if gangs can afford shit they be on that, i mean this topic is just retarded i cant say anything.