Neaksy

Central Bank, Economy & Taxes

Neaksy

My idea is essentially that rather than money being added onto the server and removed, the money that is created flows around the server with the help of a Central Bank. It could be named the Federal Reserve of San Fierro and have a physical building somewhere in the SF Bay Area. This idea would be semi-realistic and significantly simplified as it's just a RP server.

There should be a tax system (with tax brackets, e.g. house tax, income tax, wealth tax, corporate/business tax, vehicle tax) that adds up and takes money from players depending on their income, the amount of properties they own and wealth and places it in that Central Bank, allowing the government to redistribute it back to government employees through paychecks, bank interests etc, it'd allow the economy to be in full control of the city government rather than being created out of thin air and going nowhere when leaving the server (as well as /charity if it exists, and other in-game script-wise costs).

It could even allow roleplay of city budget, for instance a brand new legal faction's mapping would require a few million that the city government would have to approve, or PD destroying their vehicles would take money away from their faction's budget so they'd have to be careful with their equipment. It would be extremely interesting to see under-funded government agencies and the roleplay possibilities that they would create (political pressure on city gov, strikes, etc). If there isn't enough money in that Central Bank, the city budget would have to be lowered or the taxes may increase. If too much money is accumulated, then taxes may decrease, bank interests could be increased, and this could allow better funding of government agencies, or even ways for the city government to fund new organizations or small businesses etc.

This could even allow loan and bank roleplay. Loans could be offered more often to people with a clear record of fraud. If they don't pay their loans in due time, all their properties (houses) would be inaccessible until the debt is paid. Same if a person can't pay their taxes. Their bank account would be locked, and they would need a way to pay off their debt or they could even go to prison. Money could be transported from the Federal Bank onto the banks around Bay Area in armored trucks, which could be robbed if there is a lack of security: this would allow Gruppe Sechs to work in full capacity.

What do you think?

• Like 10

Weston

I want to see and roleplay through a massive financial crisis when banks eventually lose all the money!! This would be swish.

Justitiae

It's pretty much all about monetary and fiscal (expansionary and contractionary) policies IG, and roleplaying getting these things done.

Finch

I was always hoping to be part of a server with its own player funded economy, without lots of money being pumped into it and ruining it with inflation. If there is an achievable way to do this whilst balancing realism and fun, that’d be cool.

• Like 1

Danny

I would love to see this if it's actually possible. I think if we want to have a realistic economy the server should have farmers, who will support all the food industry of San Fierro, these aliments would be transported by hired truck drivers (making truck driving meaningful and not a job that everyone uses to make loads of money) to business owners and they would sell it to the rest of the population. 

I think the server should only spawn some money to the government once, when the server opens so legal jobs (PD, FD, etc) can have salaries. But after that the Government should tax people's businesses and properties (from car dealership owners to car owners, houses, healthcare of course if people choose it, etc etc). The government should be able to change the taxes to whatever amount they esteem fit. With this the actual parties running SF will actually have some real responsibilities not just role-play and have speeches on different events, this will surely also get the people talking more of politics IC'ly and voting.

The running Government might even find new ways to enhance the economy (like improving infrastructure, greater taxes for those who live in residential areas or the city, etc). I totally support this.

• Like 2

Turtleneck

I love the idea of a taxation system.

There should be limitations on how much you can carry in your hand without the additional help of bags, etc. so that players are forced to use the banking system. It also opens up a plethora of ways to evade taxation and would encourage criminals to actually launder their money instead of keeping forty million dollars on their person.

Edited by Turtleneck
  • Like 2

Finch
2 hours ago, Turtleneck said:

I love the idea of a taxation system.

There should be limitations on how much you can carry in your hand without the additional help of bags, etc. so that players are forced to use the banking system. It also opens up a plethora of ways to evade taxation and would encourage criminals to actually launder their money instead of keeping forty million dollars on their person.

Would be cool if laundering was something achievable through a script. Could bring a whole new meaning to PD RP, potentially roleplaying from a cyber point of view, tracking money trails. Of course this is just as achievable rply.

Debit / credit cards would be a cool idea too. 

• Like 1

Damon(B)

Great Idea! I'd love if this is actually done. 

Volk420

Nice idea, but It`s to complicated, lets see what scripters gonna say about it.

Guest kane

I can tell you right now a tax system is planned for properties. It's not confirmed so don't quote me. It won't happen at the start but we'll get there. 

jousvn

It's a great idea indeed. If government funded factions would use more money than they can generate we will see redundancies which is another good roleplay idea. I already can imagine the roleplay if let's say, PD has to redundancy 20 peace officers. All the possible ways if we could start player-funded economy.

• Like 2

Teoras

Yes. Please.

kendrick

This sounds like it could be a very cool idea. Taxes and an actual city budget would be nice to see.

• Like 1

BABY STRETCH

Supporting

Archon

Great idea. supporting