Sign in to follow this  
thatoneiowan

Mile markers and block numbers

thatoneiowan    82
thatoneiowan

At some point in time I think mile markers should be assigned for all highways and block numbers assigned for non-highway roads so that all responders (law enforcement, fire protection, EMS, DOT, towing services, etc.) would be able to more easily identify the location of an event that they are responding to. I'm not sure how mile markers would work on the highway system given that the scale of the San Andreas map is only a bit more than 13 square miles, but if there's something I can do to help with this if/when this is implemented please let me know!

Luckyx49    2
Luckyx49

It'd be a massive pain to map/script and not to mention figuring it out but I like the idea of having them. 

Edited by Luckyx49

Rehasher    591
Rehasher

Would be simple to map and script but metres is probably a better unit to measure it in San Andreas.

thatoneiowan    82
thatoneiowan

My only concern is being able to have some sort of identifiable location on a rural highway/city street that I can respond to if asked or can advise others if need be, I don't necessarily think the unit would be a huge issue? Other opinions anyone?

Luckyx49    2
Luckyx49
31 minutes ago, thatoneiowan said:

My only concern is being able to have some sort of identifiable location on a rural highway/city street that I can respond to if asked or can advise others if need be, I don't necessarily think the unit would be a huge issue? Other opinions anyone?

Now that I'm thinking about it instead of mile markers or meter markers, just have number markers in rural areas. 

Like highways get 1-50 let's say rural roads get 51-100

Edited by Luckyx49
  • Like 1

josef    44
josef

I like the idea of having universal identification numbers for specific roads/highways. This avoids any sort of confusion between people who may have different map mods with different names on them, for example. 

crazy white girl    8
crazy white girl
On 9/19/2017 at 11:32 PM, Rehasher said:

Would be simple to map and script but metres is probably a better unit to measure it in San Andreas.

Why?

Sign in to follow this