Sign in to follow this  
thatoneiowan

Temporary traffic signals

thatoneiowan    80
thatoneiowan

Temporary traffic signals would regulate flow of traffic in work zones when only one lane of traffic is open. They could potentially also be used for IC events on an as needed basis

I have no idea how they would look in game as I have not had an opportunity to look at it. 

Edit - if possible, a way to change the timing of them would be great too. For example if there's a long line of cars going north bound, the southbound light would already be red. But it would need to stay red until after both the northbound light turns red AND all cars get through. DOT would be responsible for figuring out how long the delay should be by going along the route & time to see how long it takes to go when the speed limit is followed, and then add two seconds for safety. 

tld-2312-portable-traffic-signals-ver-ma

SQ3-photo.png

• Like 2

Sombra    12
Sombra

Not sure what's possible and what's not, but another thing that would be cool (which I've seen done before), is indicators. I think people were pressing E and Q(?) to indicate a left/right turn; the indicators lasted about 5 seconds. It's a gimmick, but it's pretty cool.

It would be mint to see the traffic lights synced, though.

howks    3
howks

this looks cool

thatoneiowan    80
thatoneiowan
1 hour ago, Sombra said:

Not sure what's possible and what's not, but another thing that would be cool (which I've seen done before), is indicators. I think people were pressing E and Q(?) to indicate a left/right turn; the indicators lasted about 5 seconds. It's a gimmick, but it's pretty cool.

I asked developers about it before I posted and they had an idea or two. Obviously this would be low priority, but I think it's a possibility. 

Turn signals is a feature of ELM 9.1 already & given the way it works, other players can already see it, but I think a server script for that would be a nice idea for those who don't have or want CLEO installed. 

• Like 2

Sombra    12
Sombra

That would be pretty ace, then!

Yeah, the indicators/turn signals have been done before. There was a trucking server which had them (no ELM/CLEO needed) so it's definitely doable.

Rehasher    591
Rehasher
1 hour ago, Sombra said:

That would be pretty ace, then!

Yeah, the indicators/turn signals have been done before. There was a trucking server which had them (no ELM/CLEO needed) so it's definitely doable.

Ive done turn signals before, but they look a little dumb and they aren't small lights either.

• Like 2

Sombra    12
Sombra
42 minutes ago, Rehasher said:

Ive done turn signals before, but they look a little dumb and they aren't small lights either.

The ones I've seen were normal mate, flickered for about 5 seconds and auto turned off after making the turn.

goldencandy610    41
goldencandy610

I would love to see this Cal trans irl wich is DOT in the state of California uses these it would be amazing driving next to them and they would tell you when to stop or when to go or slow down overall i would love to see this.:)

Edited by goldencandy610

SCANDALOUZ    25
SCANDALOUZ

Traffic lights are synced from ages what are ya'll talking about? It's just that nobody cared about them, ever.
As for the lights staying for instance red for a longer or shorter period so say, a column can clear out is something that I find silly. Traffic lights are pretty simple, it's red, you stop, it's green, you go. The column might take a while unless you wanna make another colum like what.

Stephen_Plascencia    13
Stephen_Plascencia
On 10/31/2017 at 6:26 AM, Sombra said:

Yeah I loved that. It’s very realistic.

widqk    25
widqk

If Chris manages to assemble an adequate object, I'll try to adjust that with lighting objects and add a label that indicates 'This Temporary Traffic Sign Overrules Any Other Traffic Sign In The Following Intersection' and make this work without the hassle of syncing to other nearby traffic lights.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this