Sign in to follow this  
Gang Mentality

Health bar above player.

Gang Mentality

I've noticed during the beta that another player's health bar can not be seen, only their name and ID can be seen above their heads. I don't know if this was just for the beta or if they intend to keep it like this. Me personally I think the health bars should be seen. One of a few examples is related to roleplay. Say I get into a fight, or I plan to shoot, not kill them, just shoot. I wouldn't know if they player has low HP so I'll end up killing them when my intention was to just damage them to low HP, and let them roleplay injuries the way they see fit. That's how I like to RP fights, fight till one is on low HP then let the roleplay go on from there, no need to put someone in death screen mode every time. That's just me, what do you guys think?

• Like 10

$ettrip

I feel that this is very much needed.

• Like 3

west.

Yeah, I agree to this. I believe health bars should be above a players name. As he stated "One of a few examples is related to roleplay. Say I get into a fight, or I plan to shoot, not kill them, just shoot. I wouldn't know if they player has low HP so I'll end up killing them when my intention was to just damage them to low HP" If I was in a fist fight how am I suppose to know the other persons HP?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Brick

I partially want it, but partially don't. Say like somebody wants to play dead, but they can't do that because people will just metagame their health bar and pump another round into them.

Edited by Brick
  • Like 1

Pelayo

I do believe this is a good idea, BUT, there is a major fact your missing. I believe it's missing for roleplay purposes. If you're shooting someone with a health bar, you can tell how much health they have, not much roleplay in that to be honest.

Clout
2 minutes ago, west. said:

Yeah, I agree to this. I believe health bars should be above a players name. As he stated "One of a few examples is related to roleplay. Say I get into a fight, or I plan to shoot, not kill them, just shoot. I wouldn't know if they player has low HP so I'll end up killing them when my intention was to just damage them to low HP" If I was in a fist fight how am I suppose to know the other persons HP?

There's a /helpup command for that.

west.

Also with healthbar you can see if the other person is using HH hacks.

Norse

Healthbars are just needed, okay thank you.

Stephen_Plascencia

Indeed. We need health bars.

Brick

No one even considered people metagaming your health during shootings?

• Like 2

Norse
6 minutes ago, Brick said:

No one even considered people metagaming your health during shootings?

Okay? How about we give some freedom to roleplayers instead of holding them by their leashes, sure you can MG that in a shootout, it can also help with roleplay, knowing how bad someone is injured at first glance *assumption* honestly its not that big of a deal and I generally perfer how it looks.

Edited by Norse
  • Like 2

Gang Mentality
30 minutes ago, Norse said:

Healthbars are just needed, okay thank you.

Basically lol

Ritz

I am against visible health bars in game.

It allows for metagame, really.  I read comments of one person mentioning health hacks, those are easily detectable without a visible health bar.  

There really isn't a need for one with the downed script on this server.

• Like 2

Brick
3 minutes ago, Ritz said:

I am against visible health bars in game.

It allows for metagame, really.  I read comments of one person mentioning health hacks, those are easily detectable without a visible health bar.  

There really isn't a need for one with the downed script on this server.

Exactly. If it's going to interfere with my ability to roleplay certain scenarios, I don't want it. I'm thinking from both perspectives, not just my own. Imagine there was a big ass health bar in this scenario...

Edited by Brick
  • Like 2

Templar

I prefer it the way it is. 

• Like 1