• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Server Time Polls

Server Time  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer 24 hours or 12 hours in an in-game day?

• 24 Hours.
    • 12 Hours.
  2. 2. Do you prefer GMT 0 or UTC -8 (Pacific Standard Time = San Francisco time)?

• GMT 0
    • UTC -8 (PST = San Francisco time)

Fox

Be sure to vote on both options!

I've created this poll to resolve the current server time debate, because in my opinion, these are all completely valid and good options given each their pros. This is based on the most popular opinions, I have purposefully excluded unpopular opinions for the sake of simplification and relevancy. Continue discussion in the main topic, found here: 

Edited by Fox

Pelayo

12 hours for sure.

Neaksy

You may want to inform people UTC+8 corresponds to the real-life time of San Francisco, California (where the game takes place IRL). I'll just quote what I said on the other thread:

On 1/27/2018 at 9:48 PM, Neaksy said:

I think syncing it to San Francisco time would be fine. At the very least I'd like to see it experimented. It's unrealistic to have legal faction academies take place at 7PM, graduation in the evening and so on. If it was synced to SF time, the peak of players would be in the afternoon, which is fine because that's when people are out in town, working etc, not in the evening. The only thing would be that nightclubs would be open late at night for Europeans, or early in the morning, but I think that's a small issue. Restaurants would open at noon in-game. A more trivial benefit of syncing it to Californian time is that the server would take place exactly in our same timeline, on servers like LS-RP on CET, the server takes place 8 hours into the future, which means oftentimes current events that just happened IRL would have happened 8 hours later IG. That's a small thing, but synced to SF, we could be able to sync the weather exactly like current real-life Bay Area, which would allow weather predictions from in-game news outlets etc.

As for why I prefer the 24 hours clock.

On 1/27/2018 at 4:29 PM, Neaksy said:

The problems I see with a custom time speed is that it would be more difficult to schedule meetings or roleplay, we'd have to calculate the time difference every time. A faster time speed would also make years go by much faster, to the point where in a few years time IRL, BA-RP could be in Year 2100. This would be a little problematic in terms of immersion, unless BA-RP begins its timeline for instance right after 1992, creating its own problems I've mentioned in another suggestion about a year difference.

I think the idea of a custom time speed would be interesting but to make it easier I think it should be left as is, synced to real time. In our daily roleplay it's not rare to mention current news, making time go faster would disconnect us from the outside world, giving us less roleplay opportunities. On a side note, I believe the time zone should be synced with that of real-life SF, California.

Fox
18 minutes ago, Neaksy said:

You may want to inform people UTC+8 corresponds to the real-life time of San Francisco, California (where the game takes place IRL). I'll just quote what I said on the other thread:

I thought I had done that sufficiently well, however I will edit the question to further clarify this.

19 minutes ago, Neaksy said:

As for why I prefer the 24 hours clock.

As I have stated, continue the discussion in the main topic, not here. This topic is simply to figure out what the majority of players believe is the best option, looking at the poll, it appears that I have chosen the questions wisely.

Clout

What do you mean by 24 hours?

24 hours as in a 24 hour day?

Or a 24 hour clock? (0:00-23:59)

Queen
3 hours ago, Justitia said:

24 hours and GMT+0.

What just titty ah said

Fox
11 hours ago, Clout said:

What do you mean by 24 hours?

24 hours as in a 24 hour day?

Or a 24 hour clock? (0:00-23:59)

Is it possible to have a 12 hour clock in San Andreas? Regardless, I will edit the poll.

Buck

I think this vote is similar to Rehasher's my man, 12 hours in an in-game day would mean a custom time, 24 hours would mean real life time. I think UTC+0 would be good.

Fox
5 hours ago, Buck said:

I think this vote is similar to Rehasher's my man, 12 hours in an in-game day would mean a custom time, 24 hours would mean real life time. I think UTC+0 would be good.

Not to insult your intelligence but that's the point. There were other suggestions such as 1/20 time, (possibly the only example). The poll did not make any specific statements, this one takes the data gained from that topic and turns it into a meaningful number which can demonstrate the most popular option within the server, whereas the other topic allowed people to express their personal opinion in specific detail, this post does not.

TL;DR: This topic shows the most popular opinion.

Brick

I mean, honestly, I would prefer giving each option a try first.

Magical 10

San Francisco time would be neat.

• Like 1

Akiba

12 hours and GMT 0.

Gang Mentality

24 hours GMT 0

• Like 1

west.

San Francisco Time!

• Like 2

Pelayo