Jump to content
News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
vans

Server's economy

Recommended Posts

vans

Hey,

 

I was wondering what's going to be the economy in the server. I found this suggestion thread which is actually dope but the question is what's the current economy.

Let's discuss this :P

 

 

Edited by vans
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gang Mentality

Would be good if we could actually buy grams of weed for $10 not $10 ($100). Buy a pistol for for lets say, $400. I think it just contributes to a more realistic feeling.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robistnt

Yeap, this is one of the most exciting things that attracted me to this server. A fresh start without everyone having millions.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naysay3r

Yeah, that feeling that when it's hard to gain a money, and that would be interesting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koky

Yeah, we all know that one server where you have a good 3 million dollars cash in your pockets. It's actually /surreal/.

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tw1ster
19 minutes ago, Koky said:

Yeah, we all know that one server where you have a good 3 million dollars cash in your pockets. It's actually /surreal/.

 

 

We're still working through the kinks and implementing systems that will aid the economy in being a fair, level playing field, but the more suggestions we get the marrier really, as long as they're not the same. The server shares the same ideas as you all and want it to be as realistic as it can get. Although I think we'd all be setting ourselves up for disappointment if we expected it to be a carbon-copy of real life. But it's going to be a lot better than what you see elsewhere, this is pretty much the only unique advantage we have of being a new server lol.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neaksy

Yeah hopefully the prices that are set are realistic. Middle class vehicles shouldn't cost $50,000+ and houses shouldn't cost millions. I've already suggested a tax system (with tax brackets, e.g. house tax, income tax, wealth tax, corporate/business tax, vehicle tax) that adds up and takes money from players depending on their income, the amount of properties they own and wealth and places it in a central bank/Federal Reserve(?) allowing the government to redistribute it back to government employees through paychecks, bank interests etc, it'd allow the economy to be in full control of the city government rather than being created out of thin air and going nowhere when leaving the server (as well as /charity, and other in-game script-wise costs). It could even allow roleplay of city budget, for instance a new legal faction's mapping would require a few million that the city government would have to approve, or PD destroying their vehicles would take money away from their faction's budget so they'd have to be careful with their equipment, it would be very cool to have an IC way to portray under-funded government agencies, and the roleplay possibilities that this would create (political pressure on city gov, strikes, etc). The prices should be consistent with real-life San Francisco.

Edited by Neaksy
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sparx

Considering the server hasn't even launched it would be totally possible to set up a realistic economy, it could even be smartly coded to follow some of the economic factors of the real world. I'd probably prefer money to be handled like this and have a dynamic system implemented to change fluctuation rates for scripted prices such as houses/ cars/items. Either way, I'm sure the devs have their ways to avoid quirks so it should be good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haki

Even though I really want the server to have a realistic economy. I don't think it is possible as this is a game. In the initial launch, we will see people farming money in order to get something they want in order to start roleplaying. Realistic economy usually means that this step will get longer and this means that it will reduce the amount of roleplay and the server will be Trucking Sim. This has been tried on many servers before, but people got bored, because they had the money barrier, where they couldn't roleplay however they wanted.

Edited by Haki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Enemy
7 minutes ago, Haki said:

Even though I really want the server to have a realistic economy. I don't think it is possible as this is a game. In the initial launch, we will see people farming money in order to get something they want in order to start roleplaying. Realistic economy usually means that this step will get longer and this means that it will reduce the amount of roleplay and the server will be Trucking Sim. This has been tried on many servers before, but people got bored, because they had the money barrier, where they couldn't roleplay however they wanted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dae Dae
4 hours ago, Haki said:

Even though I really want the server to have a realistic economy. I don't think it is possible as this is a game. In the initial launch, we will see people farming money in order to get something they want in order to start roleplaying. Realistic economy usually means that this step will get longer and this means that it will reduce the amount of roleplay and the server will be Trucking Sim. This has been tried on many servers before, but people got bored, because they had the money barrier, where they couldn't roleplay however they wanted.

 

I think your view is biased and very one-sided. Yes, we will have SOME people that do this. But from what I can see we have a balanced server of individuals who know how to roleplay. Ontop of that, I'm pretty sure the development team can implement precautions in place to prevent farming. Really that's the whole idea of an economy. And in my honest opinion, having loads of money is useless. You spend more money on guns and drugs than you do anything, but that was only due to in fluctuation and the server doing nothing to put a damper in it. Everything down to store items should be as realistic as possible. I've been in a server where guns cost a arm and a leg. And to be perfectly honest, it takes away from the server. A gun on the street in real life can cost as little as $150 or a little more depending on who you get it from. I don't think weaponry should exceed a certain limit. I don't think drug prices should go over a certain limit. I can get a pound of Loud in real life for say about $800, maybe a little depending on who I get it from. I feel like our prices with everything down to vehicles and store items should reflect real life as much as possible. The standard "I got millions but I'm a gangster" is boring to me and over-done on EVERY new server that opens. I would love to see something completely different done here with the economy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haki
1 hour ago, Dae Dae said:

I think your view is biased and very one-sided. Yes, we will have SOME people that do this. But from what I can see we have a balanced server of individuals who know how to roleplay. Ontop of that, I'm pretty sure the development team can implement precautions in place to prevent farming. Really that's the whole idea of an economy. And in my honest opinion, having loads of money is useless. You spend more money on guns and drugs than you do anything, but that was only due to in fluctuation and the server doing nothing to put a damper in it. Everything down to store items should be as realistic as possible. I've been in a server where guns cost a arm and a leg. And to be perfectly honest, it takes away from the server. A gun on the street in real life can cost as little as $150 or a little more depending on who you get it from. I don't think weaponry should exceed a certain limit. I don't think drug prices should go over a certain limit. I can get a pound of Loud in real life for say about $800, maybe a little depending on who I get it from. I feel like our prices with everything down to vehicles and store items should reflect real life as much as possible. The standard "I got millions but I'm a gangster" is boring to me and over-done on EVERY new server that opens. I would love to see something completely different done here with the economy.

It can be done to some extend as I already mentioned, but from what was written on the other topic. People says that a car would be 21916 dollars in real life as a police officer gets 40 dollars per hour. That would be 547 hours of gameplay to just buy a car and it would only take that time if that person roleplays only. I'm just saying is the first thing you try to get is a car to get around, then the roleplay starts. This would be even more to buy a house.

 

There will be also people non-stop grinding and there will be always people richer than the other one. Let's say the weed price is 10 dollars as in real life. But I have grinded all the money from trucking and bought all the weed from the other faction in order to sell it myself. Then I would sell it for 100 dollars and someone buys them. Then he would sell it for 1000 dollars and this means more grinding for the money.

 

In the end, good roleplayers will always portray their character to their best and we all know what happens to the bad ones. I roleplayed mostly in a LEO faction and even though I had millions of money, I never bought a car that is better than a premier. There were people who bought sport cars even in the LEO factions, but most of them either got kicked or banned.

 

I believe we should all remember this is only a game and money shouldn't be a barrier on however you want to portray your character.

Edited by Haki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Enemy

Haki's on point with this. Just to name one, I remember FiveRP tried to do the whole "hyper realistic" economy thing and it flopped, horribly. Everyone and their mother was fishing trying to get a cheap car or whatever to get around. I think we, the players, should try to RP as realistic as we can, not let some script do it for us. If you think the amount of money you have in your account is too unrealistic for your character to have, don't acknowledge it, save it for a later character. Put it in the bank or something. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marty
5 hours ago, King Enemy said:

Haki's on point with this. Just to name one, I remember FiveRP tried to do the whole "hyper realistic" economy thing and it flopped, horribly. Everyone and their mother was fishing trying to get a cheap car or whatever to get around. I think we, the players, should try to RP as realistic as we can, not let some script do it for us. If you think the amount of money you have in your account is too unrealistic for your character to have, don't acknowledge it, save it for a later character. Put it in the bank or something. 

1

 

I definitely agree with this point. Sure realistic economy sounds great in theory, but it will never work out. In my case, I only have so many hours per day where I can spare to play a game and I'm working and studying at the same time and I definitely don't want to come home and "play" a game that is basically another job because I won't be able to find any enjoyment due to not being able to roleplay what I want to and just be grinding money to afford basic things in the game, I and many others who have more important things in their life just won't have enough time for that and will lose interest really quickly as in FiveRP's case, it tried and it failed like many others have. It just does not work in a game.

If it can be made in a way that will not punish players who have a limited amount of hours to come online, then I would be all for it, but otherwise, it will put BARP at severe risk as being another failure which I hope all of us don't want to happen.

Everyone has to realize there is a huge difference between a real life and a game and that difference will never be any smaller which means we need to compensate in ways to make it enjoyable for all of us not just 10% of players.

 

As King Enemy said, it should not be limited by script, but by your roleplay skills - you don't have to roleplay the amount of money you get or have on your account as the amount of what you have on your character or what your character earns.

For example, in my case, I would have full intentions to have a decent car (one that can be afforded by the line of the job I would have) and house or apartment (again which would be realistic to have for my character). If you can't do the same, perhaps you're in the wrong place, but this should not be punished for players who can roleplay as such and don't have enough time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
west.

Let's just hope the server has a good economy unlike LSRP.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×