Bunting

What would you like to see in the SF Fire Department?

Bunting    44
Bunting

Borrowing this idea from "thekillergreece", however, it seems like I have barely any interests in the SFFD, and I really want to change that!

So my wonderful people of the Bay Area Roleplay community, what would you wanna see in the department, because although I do need members, I also want everyone to be happy.

List of what already will happen:

• Focus on more IG roleplay
  • Teamspeak usage is a minimum
  • Volunteer firefighter scheme (more info to come)

tw1ster    388
tw1ster

There's something about the Fire Department that's so unique but there is also something that's scarcely needed. I think instead of what I would like to see from you, I'm more interested in what you're doing. Obviously there aren't fires all the time, if any at all. When I was an admin on LS:RP I would periodically try to create fires and give the boys in the FD something to respond to. My main question to you is, as a faction, how are you going to fill your time if there isn't any fires? I think the lack of interest in the SFFD is because people don't see a reason for it and or there's nothing drawing them in. Do you think you could theory-craft some perks that the FD has to reel in more recruitment? I'd love to see you thrive and integrate into the server so please don't take these questions out of context, I'm genuinely curious.

Edited by tw1ster
grammar.

Bunting    44
Bunting

Well to be honest, i'd like to be more open to the public, like ride-alongs, open times, as well as bring in more roleplay to the public... there's only so much we can do as a faction, and to be honest, I wish to be able to personally work with admins as well as other factions to increase RP for the FD. Like business and house inspections to ensure that they're following the fire code as well as other things with that. I really do wish to be more open to the community, I take suggestions, I want to make my members happy as well as the RP community in general. I do have ideas and aspirations for the department, I need people to work with me for that to happen.

tw1ster    388
tw1ster

Public transparency is a great thing to have, I think it would be essential to inform the community of what your faction is doing on order for you to generate some role-play outside of fire fighting duties. Maybe after the server's up for a few weeks and you guys are finding your footing as a faction, you can talk to some administrators if needed and see what kind of help you can get. They're here for us after all. I like the inspection thing and fire code, especially with how popular business' may be with truckers transporting goods to them. My heart goes out to you because your faction needs outside help to fulfill it's main purpose. The upside for you is that your faction is only going to be as successful as you want it to be, if I was you, I'd be exhausting all your options and push your personal agenda to gain more interest from the community. It will probably be very hard at the beginning to keep it running, but it can flourish if you put the effort in. I hope you do! I'd love to see an active and useful Fire Department, I've never seen one before. Best of luck to you.

thatoneiowan    80
thatoneiowan

I have not been able to come up with any ideas for SFFD/SanDOT interoperability roleplay but would be happy to help out if you have any ideas :)

Bluman    1
Bluman

I think an important thing is to not divide firefighter and paramedic roles. The server is only small as it is and I've seen both branches struggle while seperate in bigger communities. That isn't an exact comparison though, as most of the big English servers are DM and troll parties.

Try to come up with unique events for your faction members and the public to take part in, but don't have them every single day. Certain events like whole skyscrapers becoming ablaze which follows with public service factions and other players chipping in over the course of a few weeks to repair or possibly reconstruct the whole building(s).

Grintch.    11
Grintch.

Something different from other servers If the faction is named “SAN FIERRO FIRE DEPARTMENT” 

1. A good role play from the members and administration of the factions 

2. Some active members who know the FD’s role play

3. Your own originality for divisions of the faction, some new ideas.

hope so

Silent Gabagool    44
Silent Gabagool

Really small thing but I'd definitely make accurate portrayal a top priority. I probably don't have to tell you that police officers, or firefighters, or any sort of government worker who'd realistically be on a 30k a year salary driving a sports car or something of the sort seriously breaks immersion and it's something a lot of servers seriously suffer from. It's a small gripe, yes. But if we're talking realism here I say every GOV faction should definitely tackle standards with it's members from the get-go. Members seen acting out of the sort RP wise should probably be asked what rp led to them getting there. 

Another thing that relates to that is making sure your officers aren't just patrolling robots out for a quick arrest. Maybe enforce occasional screenshots so they can showcase their characters? I just notice that when people join a legal faction they literally are like... JUST that. They don't really put any thought into doing anything other then being a Police Officer or a Firefighter. They just do the job and then log off because "there's nothing to do". It'd just be nice to know the boys in blue aren't empty suits.

Posted this on the thread PD made. Figured I'd post it here too. 

Good luck with everything bro, sure you'll do good. 

Bunting    44
Bunting
19 minutes ago, Silent Gabagool said:

Posted this on the thread PD made. Figured I'd post it here too. 

Good luck with everything bro, sure you'll do good. 

Very true, roleplay is something that is our top priority, if anyone of my members are seen with a High Performance car, then that'll be discussed with them, maybe let them RP a Sultan as a Charger or something as some people do have them IRL in the government, but yeah, anything that falls out of the realistic spectrum will be dealt with, thanks for the suggestion!

MessengerOfRP    0
MessengerOfRP

I hope I don't see anyone in FD being in uniform driving a bike and roleplaying like a newbie...

Bryar    22
Bryar

Kind of late to the party, but I'm stepping in as the Deputy Chief of the department as of yesterday.  I can assure you, Captain Morales and I are more than qualified with fire and medical knowledge.  Both of us are certified volunteer firefighters in the United States.  I'm a certified first responder and I was taking EMT courses before quitting to continue pursuing an engineering degree(follow the money and jobs).  We're prepared to train our members as realistically as we can and work to portray the daily lives of firefighters.  You may see us in a training session if you drive past the station, or perhaps you'll see a duo riding in an ambulance parked somewhere on lunch break.  Members of this faction can be guaranteed that we will provide roleplay.

TeodoraMk    84
TeodoraMk

New leader. 😀

Jokes aside, it would be good to see a lot of hospital staff so the operations won't be NPC'ed.

best kept secret    139
best kept secret

Would be surprised if you find 15 people interested into the FD's roleplay in the early stages of the server tbh. Right now, the people are focused on creating or being in factions with high percentage of action - fights, shootings and etc, everything that FD battles.

Edited by best kept secret